Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

The Request

"So, how long are you planning on sticking around the guild for?" A voice spoke up and I recognize Laxus’ voice.

I turn to him and put my hand on my hip, raising an eyebrow at him, “First you answer my question, why did you make Azrael follow me around?”

Laxus’ eyes narrow but he doesn’t reply instead he looks toward the S-Class mission board. “It’s your turn to pick the mission.” He responded, turning his back on me to go sit in his favourite armchair.

I open my mouth to start an argument but pause. Laxus wouldn’t get someone to follow me around unless it was important. I decided to put my annoyance aside as I headed over to the mission board and read the requests from left to right.

A ten year job, no way. Protecting a priest; maybe.

But the last mission request stopped me in my tracks. My eyes widen and I let out an audible gasp. I ripped the job off of the board and wondered if I was misreading this request . A sense of uneasiness overcame me and I stumbled over to where he’s sitting.

“Angel? What is it? Are you feeling sick?” Laxus asked, grabbing me and tugging me into his lap. I bury my head into the crook of his neck, trying to decipher what I was feeling.

Without saying a word I lift the request up and give it to Laxus to read.

“A demonic monster is terrorizing a small village? Doesn’t seem like such a big deal.” He muttered but I shook my head.

“That’s my home village.” I mutter, looking up to meet Laxus’ eyes.

A look of confusion crossed his face as he reread the request, “You’ve never talked about your home town before,” He states thoughtfully.

I nodd my head slowly, “There isn’t much to say, I was kicked out of my village along with other children who were caught being able to use magic. Our own parents stood at the gate and drove us away.” I explain.

“And now they request mages to assist in helping them get rid of monsters that threaten their village.” Laxus concluds.

I nod my head again and bite my lip. I want to ignore this request, pretend I hadn’t seen it but I knew I couldn’t, even though my past haunted me I couldn’t ignore this and Laxus knew I couldn’t either.

“We’ll leave first thing tomorrow morning. We’ll go and confront your village and you’ll show them just how strong you are, no thanks to them.” He states matter-of-factly and I stare at him, feeling more confident.

My past had finally caught up to me and I was actually going to confront it, 18 years later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! :)