Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

Horrifying Discovery

In the morning when I woke up I pack my gear. I dress in a traditional short black kimono held up with a golden sash. I decide to tie my long hair up in a loose bun before grabbing my backpack and leaving to meet up with Laxus at our usual meeting point.

An hour later I manage to finally find it and groan when I see him already there, probably having waited for a while.

“I think from now on I’ll just meet you at your place, save the trouble of waiting for so long and you winding up lost.” Laxus stated, eyeing up my outfit and giving it a nod of approval to which I blush in reply.

“Let’s go.” He said and with only a moment of hesitating I followed after him.
Image

Hours passed by as Laxus led us to my home town without trouble. My feet were beginning to hurt and I was close to asking him if we could take a break when a village came into view, though it was still a large distance away I begin to feel nervous as I stare at the massive gate of the entrance to the village, the doors that I had once, long ago, walked away from.

When we finally get closure to the gate I spot something off to one side and decide to take a closer look, half to stall for time while my nerves settle and half out of curiosity. When I'm feet away from the object my eyes widen in horror and I quickly stoop down at the concrete wall. I place one hand against the wall to keep myself steady as a sick feeling overcomes me and I slowly pick up what I had seen from afar. I stand to full height before holding the object out in my hand at arm’s length for Laxus to see. I angle my head to look at him out of the corner of my eyes. Anger surged through my veins.

"Bones of a child," I hiss, feeling my magical pressure get stronger with this new horrifyingly disgusting discovering.

The bones were old and animals had clearly chewed it raw. I guessed the child must have stayed hoping they'd be let back inside the village but the locals had refused and the child had died from dehydration and hunger.

“How cruel, how cruel.” I whisper as tears run down my cheeks, this child had died suffering, their death wasn't fast and painless. Starving and thirsty, they died an agonising death.

These people were the true monsters.