The Correlation Between Peppermint and Eyeliner

Dark Day Part Three

Betcha didn't see that one coming; huh? Here's the third and last part. I hope you're liking it, because...I dunno. I just hope you're liking it. I expect lots of comments!! lol I like them! They makes me happidy.

CHAPTER 21
Part 3

Alex had fallen asleep after she had talked to him. He thought about what she had told him over and over, trying to piece it all together in his head. It was really shocking to him, because with her childish enthusiasm, he would’ve never in his life had guessed she had been a cocaine addict.
Billie walked out onto the balcony and sat down in one of the patio chairs. He was thinking about her guitar. It was so classic, but yet so…unique. He looked down at the picture. He wondered if she could even play, or if she was in a band before.
Maybe he could get it back.

*
“Hey, Jen?” Billie asked over the phone once he heard her answer.
“Yeah? Is Alex okay? Did she talk to you? How’s she holding up?”
“She’s fine. Yeah, she talked to me.”
Jen let out a sigh of relief. “Thank God. She’s never had to tell anyone before, it was just me and her.”
“She told me, not everything, but about her guitar and stuff.”
“Yeah, Peppermint.”
“Well, do you know where she sold it to?”
“The music store back in Huston. But that was over a year ago, I doubt that they’d still have it.”
Billie scratched his head. “Do you know the name of the place?”
“Ricky’s Hard Core Rocking Necessities.” She kinda laughed when she was finished.
“Okay. Well, you should probably get back. Thanks, Jen.”
“Your welcome, Billie. Oh, and just a warning—if you want your guitar to stay in one piece, don’t let Alex near it when she’s a bit emotional like this.” She said.
Billie smiled. “Yeah, I won’t. Thanks, bye.”
And he hung up.

*

Billie pulled his laptop out of his suitcase.
He logged on and clicked on the Internet when he checked to see is Alex was still sleeping.
“You’ve got mail.” The computer voice lady said, once he was logged on.
“I always got mail.” He rolled his eyes. He clicked on the search log, and went to the Yellow Pages Dot Org site.
He typed in Music Stores in Huston and got the number.
BINGO.

*

“Hi, is this Ricky?” Billie asked nervously when a man on the other line answered.
“Yes. How can I help you?”
“Well, I’m looking for a guitar that was sold to you in the last year.”
“What be it’s type?”
“1957 Vintage Hot Rod Stratocaster.”
“Ahh, the pretty red one.” Ricky said relaxingly.
“Yeah, yeah. It’s red. Bright red. And the word Peppermint on the bottom.”
“Yes. Oh, yes. Wonderful one, that was is. Sold to me about a year ago, by a sweet girl. Too bad she was an addict. She had talent. Pure talent. Mmhmm.”
Billie got excited. “Do you still have it?”
“Why be asking?”
“She needs it.”
“Yeah, I got it right here in the shop. I knew she’d come back for it, once she got ‘erself cleaned up. You know her?”
“She’s my girlfriend.”
“Well, I’ll be damned.” Ricky laughed. “I knew that girl would get somewhere. She’s nice one.”
“Yeah, she is. Listen, I really need to get it back to her. Could I buy it?” Billie asked, hoping for a yes.
“What be your offer?”
“What be the price?” Billie tried using the same lack of grammar as Ricky.
“Eight-hundred, but I’ve got someone wantin’ it for eight-fifty.”
”I’ll pay nine-hundred.”
“You mus’ really like this lady.” Ricky laughed.
“I do. So what do you say?”
“Is she clean?”
“Yeah.”
“Then I say I’ll give it to you for eight fifty-one, jus’ to piss the guy off.” Ricky laughed.
“Deal.” Billie let out a sigh of relief.
“How are you gonna get it?”
Shit. Billie hadn’t thought about that. Billie paused for a moment.
“Can you ship it?” Billie asked, hopefully.
“I sure can, for that nice lady.”
Billie felt l-u-c-k-y today. “Alright, well, you go ahead and ship it to my house in
Oakland, and I’ll have the money wired to your account.”
“You work a fine deal, Mister.” Ricky laughed.
“Not so bad yourself.”

*

Billie crawled in bed beside Alex. He ran his fingers through her hair, thinking about everything. He got lost in his thoughts after a while, until he was startled by Alex’s whisper.
“Billie?”
Billie stopped running his fingers through the off strands of her red hair. “Yeah?”
“Hold me.” She said quietly, almost too quiet to hear. He inched closer to her and wrapped his arm around her, feeling the every curve of her back against his chest.
They fell asleep like that, him holding her, just waiting for the night of her Dark Day to pass.

So that's the end of Chapter 21. Can you imagine how long it would be if I put it all together? Gosh! That'd be hugungo. lol