Status: Love conquers all.

Trouble

You looked familiar....

Tati's POV

Fourth period ends and I get up to leave. Mr.Nelson is standing at the door handing an assignment out. I look up at him from where I stand and I can tell he's about 6'3 to my short 4'10. He says to me as he hands me my paper," Be good, don't get yourself in trouble today Miss Fuentes."

I respond back," Oh Chris, I'll try my best."

The tips of his ears turns red and our hands accidentally brush. Our eyes meet at the same time when that happens. I drag my words," Bye Chris....."

I know he felt what I felt the way his eyes snapped to mine so quickly. Like a rush of an electric current burning through my veins. I shutter and walk to my next class. As I'm walking to my next class I see my ex Jason hitting on Maria. She is giggling and flirting back. I can just tell by the way they're standing. Her position relaxed and knee popped leaning against the wall. His arm on the wall leaning towards her.

I feel the anger boiling my blood and I pound down the hallway right towards them. I grab Maria by the arm," Can we talk for a minute?" I ask as politely as I can.

"I'm busy talking to my new friend Jason," Maria states. I glare at her.

"If you know what's best for you, you'll walk away RIGHT now. Before I embarrass you," I say really slow.

"I don't have to listen to you, you aren't my mom," She says and rips her arm out my grip.

Jason adds in,"Yeah, she doesn't have to listen to you. You ain't her ma. Back off, we don't like cock blocks."

Maria giggles again and I feel my face turning red. I can't hold my temper," DAMMIT MARIA, LETS GO RIGHT NOW BEFORE I TELL CARLA WHO THE HELL YOU WERE TALKING TO!"

I yank her arm and push her and she flies towards the trash knocking it over. I turn to Jason and say," Stay away from my sister. This is your only warning. We don't need anymore trouble from boys like you."

Maria walks away with an attitude but before she gets far I hear," Young lady and Tatyana Fuentes, my office. NOW."

Fuck man. I swore I wouldn't get in trouble and it's my first day. We both walk to the principle's office and she plops down in the chair in front of his desk and folds her arms. I refuse to sit. Mr.Larson walks in and sits at his desk. I don't think he realizes Maria is my foster sister.

"What is your name young lady?", Mr.Larson asks Maria.

"Maria Torres," She says.

"Was this girl bothering you?", Mr.Larson questions her.

"Yes, she was....", Maria responds.

"Ms.Fuentes, I am suspending you for three days for harassing Ms.Torres. I am not putting up with your trouble this year," He states.

I snicker," Good luck with that, she's my sister."

"Excuse me? I said NO sass. I know she is not your sister," He says angrily.

"Looks like someone doesn't go over their students files well enough. Oh well," I say sassily.

He looks between Maria and I confused. "Is this true Ms.Torres?", He asks.

Maria sneers," She is NOT my sister. I don't even like her."

Those words sting more than I am able to admit to anyone. Mr.Larson says," Be quiet while I make a call to the front desk."

We sit in silence listening to his phone dial to Mrs.Clark. I can hear through the receiver," Hello, Mrs.Clark speaking. How may I assist you?"

"Lucy, it's Mark. Can you pull up the records for Tatyana Fuentes and Maria Torres please?"

"Right away sir.... Okay what did you want to know?", Mrs.Clark asks him.

"Can you tell me if they're related or not?", Mr.Larson asks.

"Yes, they are in the same foster care home. So they're foster siblings," Mrs.Clark states.

"Okay, thank you. Buh bye," Mr.Larson says hanging the phone up.

I roll my eyes and say," I told you."

"Enough Ms.Fuentes. Since I can't suspend you for keeping your sibling in check, I am giving you detention for Friday!", He says fiercely.

I shrug my shoulders," Whatever. Who's the detention teacher?"

"Mr.Nelson is going to so he knows how to run detention since he's new," Mr.Larson answers.

Maria says," Can I leave now? I am late for Ms.Kelly's class. I don't want her to think I am a bad student."

Mr.Larson smiles," Of course. Here is a pass" he says as he scribbles a pass down for her. He hands it to her and says," Have a great day Ms.Torres."

When she leaves, Mr.Larson says," Here is your pass. Oh, by the way, go easy on Mr.Nelson since he's new. He's trying to adjust to the new setting here."

I grab the pass from him and say," I'll try my best," as fantasies of what I'd let Mr.Nelson do to me for being such a bad girl. "Bye now," I say walking out Mr.Larson's room.

The rest of the day passes by slow. After my last class, I go back to my locker and put my backpack in there. I find Tino sitting in the front of the school on a bench by himself. I go and sit next to him. "How was your first day of school bud?", I ask.

"Let's just say I'm not cut out for high school. The guys don't like me," Tino says.

I go to ask why, but I figure it when I see a group of girls giggling and twirling their hair while staring at Tino. I get a few dirty looks. I flip them the middle finger and they all turn away, red in the face. I smile at Tino," It looks like you got a few girls who like you. That's why the guys don't like you. You're stealing their women with your Puerto Rican looks and accent!"

He looks at me with hope, and I swear its the best feeling when someone looks at me like that. Tino says,"Really? You think so?"

I nod,"Absolutely. I might have scared them off though."

Tino laughs and asks," Where's Maria? I'm ready to go."

I roll my eyes," Who knows. That girl is lucky I didn't kick her ass today."

"Why?", Tino asks.

"She was talking to the boy who got me in trouble sophomore year and junior year," I said.

Tino shakes his head. Maria pops up out of nowhere. "Where's Carla?", Maria asks.

I don't answer her. Tino does instead. We all get in the car and take turns talking about our day at school. Maria doesn't mention our little fight today in the hallway so I do. "Oh, Carla I have detention Friday."

"What?! Mija I thought you said you weren't going to get into trouble?!", Carla exclaims.

"Well, you see, Maria thought it would be okay to talk to Jason today... So I handled her and got in trouble," I explain. Carla slams on her breaks and the tires squeal. She turns around so fast that Maria's eyes widen.

"Lemme found out you been talking to Jason pendeja and I will whip your ass like no tomorrow! Are you fucking stupid?!", Carla shouts.

"Whatever Carla," Maria sighs.

"I'm not playing girl! Don't test me! Just to prove I'm not kidding, you're grounded this week and weekend," Carla says.

"What? That's not fair!", Maria shouts.

"You know how much trouble he got your sister in before? Stay away from him. You ARE grounded." Carla says.

Maria glares at me. I smile and go back to talking about the rest of my day at school. I don't mention that I have the sexiest English teacher in the world. I fall asleep as soon as we get home and dream about Mr.Nelson and the things I would like to do with him....
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter seems irrelevant, but it really does fit with the plot guys. Hope you like! Happy reading! :D