Sequel: True Confessions

Lies 1-50

I Won't Try To Stop You

So my plan was laid out in simple terms in my own head, but could not come to action because of Noah's interruption.

I was going to
A: Get my mom to come get me. They would be depressed so they would beg me to stay.
B: The only way I'd stay is if Noah swore to kids soon.

So it wasn't a good plan, but did I ever say it was? I was desperate when I plotted it, but nothing good came from it. I didn't even get to step A, I was in pre-A.

But it didn't matter. Because I had my own good news, despite what everyone thought. I was planning my wedding, finally.

"Dad?"

"Charlotte?"

"Will you come visit us?"

"For what?"

"The pure pleasure of seeing your daughter? Does there have to be a reason?"

He chuckled into the phone and said, "No, no, I guess you're right. Sure."

"Great! Can you be here in a week?"

"Um... yes?"

"Good! Bye, dad. See you soon!"

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too."

We hung up and my sweaty ear was finally given a break. I had been on the phone for an hour, making plans, breaking plans, and arranging a new caterer.

"Why can't someone else do this?" Levi whined. He had been helping me, writing everything I said.

"Because you're the only one I trust to do a good job."

So I had forgiven him. I had to, we were much too close for a petty argument over a human life to destroy us. I was also on a high like one that pot would give you. People were giving me funny looks on the street when I walked to the mall, but it must have been because I was dancing and singing like a nut.

"You don't trust Noah!?"

"Of course I trust Noah, but you're one of my best friends and I've always wanted a best friend to plan it with me."

"Why not Skinner?"

"Let's not talk about that, okay?"

"Okay...?"

My venom was sweet, but he still questioned the taste. I just shook in a little more sugar with a smile. "I just trust you more." I didn't want to over-sweeten it though.

"Yeah."

He was tired, you could see it in his eyes. "Why don't you go take a break?"

He brightened up at my offer and took it in with no grace. He just flopped himself down on the couch and let out a long, exasperated sigh. "Thank you, GOD!"

"I'm not God. Levi, don't insult the Man like that. You're very rude."

He laughed at me, but only half-heartedly. "I know."

"What's wrong."

"Natty is being all nasty to me lately... I don't know what I did wrong."

"Um, I don't know? Injected her with raging hormones that doctors like to call, 'A BABY'. "

"Haha, very clever Char. I know, she's just all whiny and I can't take it."

"Bleh. Get over it, in a few months that rage will be gone."

"Yeah. MONTHS."

"Yes, you heard right. I said months. You don't need to repeat me."

"Okay, I get your point. Now let me sleep."

"I said a break, not sleep! Come on Levi! I need help."

"Please let me sleep!"

"Fine," I sighed, "But double the work for you later."

"Just make Skinner do some of it now. I'll call him for you..."

"No wai-"

"SKINNER! COME HELP CHARLOTTE!"

He hopped into the room and asked, "With what do you need help, love?"

"See, he'll help." Levi said with a satisfied smile and then rolled over onto his side.

"Um... just some wedding stuff."

"Oh, okay."

But I really didn't want help from him. It was annoying that after almost a month, he hadn't said more to me than 'hi' and suddenly he was talking to me like it meant nothing when he kissed me. Just because Levi was in the room, I guessed.

"Just write the stuff down... you know... I'll make the calls, you write it down."

"Okay."

He sat down and picked up the pen I was chewing on a few minutes before. My special pen. I had the feeling I was going to have to burn it afterwords.

We sat and I made a few calls, but couldn't concentrate very well with the kiss still in my mind.

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

"What?"

"Don't 'WHAT' me. You know what!"

"Because I was confused."

"About what?"

"Being Bi... you know."

"Well you don't just go kissing people because you're confused! How would it look if I was confused on the side of the road and kissed some stranger?! Not good."

He laughed a little, but I was dead serious. "I guess that wouldn't look good, but you're my friend."

"That doesn't make a difference. And for your information, I am no longer your friend."

He stared at me with a horror in his eyes that I will never be able to replace in my mind.

No sweetening the venom that time.
♠ ♠ ♠
BLEH. All the people who've commented OWN.

=D