Status: Rewriting

Success Will Be Waiting

Catching a Break

I called Brooklyn for the third time today, but as for the past few weeks, he didn't answer. I looked around the park that I was at, since I promised Neymar I would babysit David for him as he had a date with his new girlfriend, Gabriella Lenzi. David noticed my worried expression, and he yanked my arm to play with him in the park. Once he started to get tired, I took him out to eat. We sat as I helped him eat his food, but then I saw an unbelievable sight. There Brooklyn was, with a man in a suit, talking. What the hell was he doing in Spain? Anger started to bubble up inside of me, as I took David and left back home.

As me and David were watching a movie, Neymar came to pick him up. "Thank you so much." He said with a smile. I returned a weak smile back. I was about to close the door, but he put his foot in the way. "What's wrong?" He asked, once I started to notice that I've been showing my pain too much. "Brooklyn is here, in Barcelona. I never even knew." I said making him touch my shoulder and squeeze it a bit. I felt a shiver run down my back at his touch. "I'll get Davi to sleep, and I'll come later to talk about it." He said. "You really don't have too..." I said, but he shook his head. "But I want too, of course if it's alright with you?" "No it's fine! I'm just glad I didn't scare you off with the posters that I have of you." I said jokingly, as he laughed along. "I actually appreciate that you look up to me." He said convincingly. David started to bother him since he was so tired, so he took him back home and came back afterwards.

"Does this basically mean we broke up? I don't understand?" I asked Neymar about Brooklyn. "Maybe he just needs a break." I shook my head at his assumption. "Or, maybe we're broken up." I said in a sad tone as I sighed and looked into my palms. "I don't know where I screwed up, Neymar." He looked up at me. "But, you didn't screw up. I guess he's just upset that you don't feel the same about him as he feels about you." He said and took out his phone. "If he doesn't answer your calls, then try calling from my phone." I took his phone and dialed Brooklyn's number. It started to ring, and then finally he answered. "Brooklyn what the absolute hell is wrong with you?" Was the first thing that came out of my mouth, making Neymar laugh. "Aden, listen, I just needed some space." He explained. "Oh, and staying in Barcelona is really going to help, right?" I hissed, wondering how much of a fool of myself he thought I was going to make. "I was going to come see you tomorrow." He raised his voice a bit in frustration. We both stayed silent for a few minutes, just listening to eachother's breathes through the phone. "Is this going to work?" I said weakly once I calmed down. "I'm sure we can make this work. I'll see you tomorrow." He reassured and hung up. Neymar and I sighed at the same time as we became quiet. "So, how was your date with Gabriella?" I asked making him blush as he explained everything. "I'm so glad things are working for you both." I said as he thanked me. "I've had this question on the tip of my tongue since I met you, but how did you get from a small club in Canada, to Barcelona?" He asked making me smile, as I thought of my long fought journey. We asked questions and gave out answers back and fourth as we started to learn about eachother. "Your birthday is next week?!" he exclaimed as I told him my birth date once he asked. "Me and David are going to throw you a small party." He said making me laugh. "No, seriously. By the way, you're invited." He said, as I continued to laugh. He made me so happy. I really liked having him around.

Someone rang my doorbell, and I quickly got up and banged my head onto to Neymar's. "Ow." he groaned as he woke up. We started laughing. "Sorry. Someone's at the door." I said as we both knew who it was. I opened it, and Brooklyn stood there with flowers in his hands, waiting to be accepted by me. I didn't exactly know what to do honestly. I didn't smile, or greet him. I just stood as still as he was until I had enough. I quickly brought him close to me and kissed him. "I love you." I said making him smile through the kiss. Once I pulled away, I quickly turned around and I saw Neymar staring at us with a smile on his face. He got up and left through the back door, before Brooklyn could realize I had company.

"Sorry for avoiding you. I guess we both just needed a bit of distance." He said making me nod understandingly. "It's fine. That period of time really helped me to think." I said as he agreed. "So, how have you been?" He asked curiously. "I've been good, but now I feel great since I'm here with you. How about you? How's everything going?" I asked. "Good, good. But, your birthday is in a week. Did you forget or something?" He asked jokingly making me laugh. I cheered as I was excited to be 17 years old. "Well, I'm sorry but I won't be here for your birthday. But I thought maybe you can come to England soon?" He asked making me look like I'm thinking, when I didn't really need to think. "I have plans for my birthday, but the next day I'll take the next plane over there." I said making him smile. We continued to talk for hours, we didn't care about time as long we were together.

Brooklyn had to leave back to England that night, so I dropped him off at the airport and we said our goodbyes. I didn't miss him that much that evening, I just thought about Neymar. I walked over next door to Neymar's house and rang the doorbell. Neymar answered with a sleeping David in his arms. "You're such a good dad." I whispered, trying not to wake David. Neymar laughed and motioned me to come inside. He put David in his room and came to sit beside me. "So how's things with Brooklyn?" He asked as he looked very curious on what has happened. "Everything's good now. I'm just happy he wasn't willing to give me up so quickly." I said. "He would be an absolute idiot to want to let you go." He said making me smile slightly and changed the topic. He's a great person, and I'm glad to have him as a friend aswell as an idol.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, some of you might know I'm a huge Brazilian fan, and I'm so angry and upset they got knocked out of the World Cup aswell as Neymar's fractured vertebra. So I just had to write to blow off some steam haha. But anyways, enjoy the chapter! #ForçaNeymar