Status: In Progress

I'm in Love With Poisoning

Would You Ever Try To Leave Me?

I felt a heavy weight on top of me. I opened my eyes and saw sunlight streaming in through the windows. I looked down at my chest and saw Michael laying on me like a child. It was kinda sweet.
"Mike! Get off me! I can't feel my lungs!"
"C'mon, we gotta get up! Today's the day!"
"What are you talking about?" My clock read 7:00 AM.
"It's South by So What, remember?! I bought the tickets two months ago!"
Michael was obsessed with this festival. He went every year with Lindsay since he was 13. But now that she was gone, he had asked me to go. It was a punk-rock/metalcore festival. I didn't know any of the bands playing, but Mike had come to New Kids on the Block with me last year and I felt like I owed him.
"Fine... But I have nothing to wear to this thing!" I knew that I only had brought a few things, but none of them were things that would fit in at this festival.
"Check in Lindsay's drawer. She might have a shirt you can wear."
I opened her dresser. Most of her clothes had been emptied out during her move, but she had left some old shirts that she didn't really wear. There were some old camp shirts, some school shirts and some band shirts. I pulled out an Of Mice & Men muscle tank. It fit well. But I didn't have anything to wear under it, so I had to settle for my red strapless bra. I kept my white denim shorts on and pulled on my vans. I put my hair up in a messy bun and put on some simple eyeliner and mascara. I guess I was happy with my outfit for now. I heard Mike honk his horn from outside, so I had to forget any other make-up. I grabbed my backpack, phone and my lip gloss. A girl was never complete without lip-gloss.
I ran out the door to the car. Mike was so proud of his car. He had saved up all of high school to buy his own car. It was a simple, black, four-door. Nothing special. But it was his pride and joy. I hopped in and he already had his music blasting. That's what I loved about Mike. He couldn't spend a day without music. It was his greatest strength but also his greatest weakness. I looked at the display screen in his car. It read "Pierce the Veil- Million Dollar Houses (The Painter). I actually liked this band. After spending most of my days at Mike's house I had picked up some good bands. All Time Low was good, along with Sleeping with Sirens. Blink wasn't bad either. I really liked this genre, I just wished I had more time to listen to them.
After a while of driving, he turned down the music.
"I forgot to ask you this yesterday night, but who was that guy that drove you home?" He asked cautiously. "I didn't recognize him."
"Oh, I had met him on the way to your place. I had broken down crying outside his apartment and he had come out to console me."
"Are you fucking kidding me Claire?! You got into a car with a stranger?! He could've hurt you!"
"Calm down. He's not that kind of person. I could tell. And he was nice and understanding! I just needed to let it out to someone!"
"Well, did you at least get his name?"
"Yeah he put his name and number into my phone. He only wrote Andy 6 though. Kinda weird, isn't it?"
"Andy 6? What did he look like, Claire?"
"Umm... he was tall, like really tall. He had dark black hair, with the most beautiful blue eyes. He had a lot of tattoos too, which looked really good on him. Overall, he was gorgeous."
Mike didn't say anything after that. He just sat there and stared at the road ahead. I could tell he wanted to say something, but I didn't want to press him. We just sat there in silence for the rest of the ride.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Million Dollar Houses (The Painter) -Pierce the Veil
Claire's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/south_so_what/set?id=98436968&lid=3001353