Status: trying something new.

You & Me.

I can't ignore you.

Scarlet.

I looked at my reflection in the small mirror that stood in front of the O'Callaghan's front door. I straightened a long uneven strand of my hair with my fingers, trying to look decent as I rang the doorbell. I inhaled and exhaled as I waited for someone to come out. This was it, this was my last step. A middle-aged woman opened the door, a smile planted on her face.

“Uh, is this the O'Callaghan's house? Where can I find Mr. O'Callaghan?” I tried my best not to stutter or look nervous, as I smiled.

“Oh, yes dear.” the woman said, and suddenly someone came standing behind her.

“Who is it, honey?” A middle-aged man, who I suspected to be her husband stood by her, staring at me.

“She's looking for you, Jay.” Said the woman, giving me a smile.

“Oh, y-you're Mr. O'Callaghan? Such a pleasure to meet you.” I held out my hand to him, as he shook it.

“Call me Jay, please.” He gave me a smile, and I smiled back. “Oh, make yourself comfortable. Come in.” I nodded my head as I walked into their house. It was huge, yet cozy. We walked into the living room, and sat on the couch.

“Do you want any water? Juice? Soda?” The friendly woman asked me.

“My wife is always like this,” He laughed, “But please, if you need anything to drink, just let her know.”

“No, thank you so much.” I smiled at her, playing with my purse nervously.

“You look really familiar to me, have we met before?” Mr. O'Callaghan stared at me suspiciously.

“That's why I'm here.” I started talking, “I'm.... I'm Joseph Young's daughter.” His expression fully changed, his face lit up and a huge smile planted on his lips.

“Oh dear! Scarlet Young, is that you?” I smiled and nodded my head. “You're so much bigger now, I couldn't even recognize you. Forgive me.”

“It's okay.” I mumbled.

“How've you been?” He asked.

“I've been doing alright, thank you for asking.” I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. “I... I actually came here because of this.” I hated this talk, and I needed to get to my point, so I brought out my dad's letter from my purse and handed it to him as he started examining it carefully. After a matter of time, he looked at me. I could see pity in his eyes, but I only gave him a weak smile trying to hold back my tears. I hated crying in front of people.

“I'm truly amazed by this.” He trailed off, “Scarlet you are a strong person. I am surprised that you've lived all these years alone.” he rubbed by knees, trying to comfort me. Tears were already swelling up in my eyes, I rubbed them quickly.

“I need your help, Mr. O'Callaghan.” I begged him, “Please, I need to get to my father before something happens to him.” He took my hand and squeezed it, as if trying to assure me that everything's alright.

“I know exactly how to help you. Your dad have been my closest friend for the past thirty years. I would do anything to make him happy.”

“Thank you. Thank you so much. This means a lot to me, I wish if I could pay you back for this.” I thanked him, feeling grateful.

“Oh no, no no. You don't have to pay me back. It's a pleasure to help my best friend's daughter. You're like a daughter to me too, and I'm here to help.” He gave me a smile. “My eldest son, I'm going to call him in a few. He's going to drive you to Boston. You'll be in safe hands with my son, so don't you worry about anything.” I smiled at him. Suddenly the doorbell rang, and he excused himself from the living room as I looked at my dad's letter once again. Lost in my own thoughts, a familiar voice grabbed my attention.

“What the hell are you doing in my house?!” He hissed, trying to not be loud so no one can hear him. The moment I turned my head to face him I felt my jaw fall to the ground. Those same angry green eyes glared at me. It can't be happening.

“Why the hell are you here?!” I finally asked, feeling anger rushing into my veins. It was the guy from the hotel, the one I suffered with until he gave my phone.

“This is my parents house, what the fuck are you doing? I'm the one who's asking questions here.” Perfect. He is Mr. O'Callaghan's son. I felt bad for his father, and the fact that he was his son. He was too stupid and ignorant to be his son, it just can't be.

“Wait, do you guys know each other?” Mr. O'Callaghan's voice made me leave the guy's gaze. “John? Do you know Scarlet?” John. That was his name, I thought to myself.

“Uh, y-yeah we.. I...” He rubbed the back of his neck feeling nervous, I knew that his dad didn't know anything about his son's one night stands. So I stood up.

“When I was on my way here, he accidentally ran into my car.” I lied to his dad, as he gave me a surprised glare. He was about to object but I continued. “But he was nice, and he apologized about his mistake. He even said he'd pay for the damages, but I didn't accept it.” I smirked at him, and he didn't have any way to tell his dad that it was a lie or they'd find out everything about him. So basically, I saved his ass.

“Oh, god. I am so sorry. John got a new car this week and he's been excited about it.” His dad gave him an angry look, and I was still smirking at him. “Well, since both of you are here. Let me explain.” Mr. O'Callaghan started, “John, take a seat.” I sat across him from the table, he kept looking at me still angry. But all I did was roll my eyes at him. “Son, you are going to drive Scarlet to Boston. Her dad is there, and she needs to get to him.” Both of our eyes widened in shock, I didn't know that John was the eldest son.

“Dad?!? What!!? But our band has a show this weekend.” John groaned at his dad.

“Cancel it.” His dad simply mumbled. I didn't know what to say, because if I told Mr. O'Callaghan about how I really met his son, and how I can't even handle staying in the same room as him. John was going to be killed by his dad. John groaned loud enough to make his dad stop him. I only sat there, saying nothing. I was going to drive for 40 hours with the person I hated the most right now, but I just really need to get to Boston before anything happens to my dad.

~~~~~

John.

I ran a hand through my hair, waiting for my dad to get out of the living room. That girl "Scarlet" was having some kind of talk that was too secretive for me to listen to. I needed an explanation, why is the girl who works as a driver is going to Boston? Why am I the one who's supposed to drive her? Why does she want to get there quickly?

“Hey, dad. Dad!” I quickly walked towards him the moment he walked out of the living room. I could see sadness in his eyes, as if something bad happened inside.
“Dad, can you please explain to me what's going on? Why do you want me to drive her to Boston? Where's her dad?” I lowered my voice, so she won't hear what I say. My dad pulled me to his room, and that was when he explained everything to me. I felt pitiful towards Scarlet. I never knew any of this about her, but I knew that she was as strong as a rock.

“Son, this girl is like a daughter to me. Don't you ever do anything that hurts her.” My dad alerted me as I nodded my head. I had nothing to say, but all I knew is that I was going to drive a girl that I met unpleasantly to Boston starting tomorrow. “She needs a ride so she can pack, so please take care of her. Go pack your bags, and spend the night with her. From there, you can drive immediately to Boston.” I closed my eyes feeling angry, I had lots of plans but instead I'm doing what I was instructed to do. I have to spend this entire week with her. “Now go, she's waiting for you.” I said my goodbyes to my dad and walked out of the room.

I kept my hands inside my pockets as I made my way towards the living room, before I had a chance to say a word I heard her talking to herself. I stood by the door, listening quietly.

“Dad, I'm coming to you. I promise everything is gonna be better when I'll see you. I've been having a hard time taking in all of this, but I have your strength. I will come for you, and we'll live just like we did before.” I heard her sniff as she brushed her tears with her long fingers. I tried so hard not to feel sorry for her, it just wasn't me. I shouldn't feel sorry for someone who treated me so rudely. I cleared my throat letting her hear me, as she stood up.

“I'm waiting for you outside.” I said, looking at anything but her.

I pulled the ignition to the car as she sat on the passenger seat examining the car. I started driving, not saying a word keeping my eyes on the road.

“There are some things that I need to clear up before you get to my apartment.” She cleared her throat, and continued, “First of all; you're not going to stay in the same room with me. I don't care if that means you'll have to sleep on the couch.” I wanted to object but she interrupted me, “Second of all, about the drive to Boston. We should get going first thing tomorrow morning, and I want that ride to be a pleasant one so do not ruin that for me.” She sighed, I felt like she was challenging me so I let her keep going, “Last but not least, John O'Callaghan.” She glared at me from the corner of her eyes, leaving a bitter taste when she said my name. “Don't fall in love with me.” She kept her eyes on the road this time. I let out a laugh, not believing what she said.

“Me?! ME!? I would never fall in love with you in a million years. No matter what happens.” I shook my head laughing.

“Whatever,” She muttered and rolled her eyes. “Just keep what I just said in mind.”

Oh this is going to be a very pleasant ride, Scarlet Young.

~~~~~

After a drive that felt like forever, I stopped the car by her apartment.

“I'll be there in a bit.” I said, as she opened the passenger seat's door and walked straight to the building. I grabbed my phone and dialed Jared's phone number.

“Hey, dude. What's up!?” Jared answered, as I let out a frustrated sigh not knowing how to start telling him about everything that happened tonight. “Is there something wrong?” Jared asked, “I know you man, come on. Spill it out.” I started talking about how I first met the angry and very stubborn Scarlet, how she stopped the car in the middle of the road, how I suddenly found her in my parents house and finally, the fact that I'm supposed to be driving her to Boston.

“I don't understand her, man. She's not like any other girl. It's weird.” I got out of the car, and started walking slowly to the building, as I carried my small suitcase. “She'd go from someone who is so nice and so sweet to someone who's angrier than fucking hulk.” I heard Jared let out a laugh. “Seriously, I'm so confused.” I shook my head.

“Looks like you're interested in this girl, buddy.” Jared said.

“What the hell are you talking about? Dude, she's a fucking man. I would never be interested in her.” I stuttered, knowing that what I said was just a lie to Jared and to myself too.

“Alright, alright. I believe you.” Jared laughed, and I sensed sarcasm in his voice. “Anyways, I gotta go now. Talk later.”

He hung up the phone before I could say any other word. I sighed, walking upstairs.

Here I am, standing in front of that stubborn girl I met at the bar tonight. The one that refused to leave without getting her phone from my car. The one that grabbed my shirt carelessly and muttered the rudest words ever. I stared at the door for a moment, thinking. The moment I wanted to ring the doorbell I heard someone scream from the inside. I quickly started to panic and pushed the door open running towards the sound. Something must've happened to Scarlet Young, because the sound was coming from the toilet.

“I'm coming in.” I shouted, and quickly opened the bathroom door. Scarlet Young was standing in front of me with only a towel wrapped around her tiny body, and nothing was wrong with her as long as I could see. “What the fuck!? I thought something happened to you. Don't scream like that ever again.” I muttered, knowing that I just embarrassed myself in front of her. I probably looked weak to her.

“I lost my lenses. I can't see clearly without them.” She said, searching on the ground, “It's probably somewhere here, they fell off my fingers and I didn't notice.” I tried to keep my eyes away from her shown skin but for some reason it was just so tempting. I shook my head, mentally telling myself to stop.

“Don't you feel embarrassed right now or ashamed?” I said, looking away. “You're standing in front of me wearing this thing that barely covers your body.”

“Why would I care?” She smirked, “You already have a girlfriend don't you?” My eyes widened at her words.

“A-actually, yes. I do have a girlfriend.” I stuttered, lying. “So I-I don't care either.” I looked at her, as she smirked. I noticed that one of her lenses was stuck right under her collarbone. I slowly reached to it, getting closer and closer to her bare skin. She was starting to get nervous, and I could feel it. She started to slowly back away from me, the closer I got to her collarbone. Suddenly she was about to slip on the bathrooms floor but I quickly grabbed her hands, and her lips were inches away from my face. For a moment I stood there, staring at her lips. They had a shade of light pink and looked softer than ever. Closely, I could see her clear face.

“I just wanted to give you your lenses.” I told her, “They're right there.” I realized how wrong it looked that we were both in the bathroom and she was half naked standing right in front of me. I quickly walked out to the living room trying my best to make the situation look less awkward.

“This is a really small apartment.” I tried to change the subject, “Literally everything is so small.” I complained, walking around the place with my hands in my pockets. She walked out of the bathroom, this time she had her pajamas on and I could feel the relief getting into me because I knew that if she kept walking around the place with only her towel I wouldn't keep my eyes away from her and she would notice.

“Shut up.” she said, “You're only staying the night here. Plus this place is the only thing I can afford right now so stop bragging.” I saw her grabbing a small piece of paper and a pen. She wrote something on it and handed it to me. “Sign it.”

The paper said:

This is a contract for John O'Callaghan to sign and promise not to fall in love with the beautiful, and un-resistable Scarlet Young (even after a million years).

I let out a chuckle and looked at her. “Why do you have this weird idea about me falling in love with you?” I asked, “Because believe me it's not gonna happen.”

“Then sign the paper to prove that it won't happen.” She folded her hands and waited for me to sign the paper. I carelessly signed it.

“This is so childish.” I muttered. She nodded at the paper, examined it and folded it carefully.

“Anyways, I'm going to bed. Goodnight.” That was when I realized I had no bed to sleep at tonight. She smirked and walked towards her room.

“Hey, hey! Wait.” I quickly stopped her, “Where am I supposed to sleep right now?” She nodded towards the couch and my eyes widened. “I swear you'll pay for this, Scarlet Young.” I heard her laugh entering her room. I cursed under my breath and tried my best to take this other challenge. I knew that Scarlet Young thought that I can never handle any of this, and now I'm going to prove her wrong. I laid on the hard sofa and tried my best to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I feel like this was unnecessarily long but what do you think?????