Sequel: Again.
Status: Updated when I can

Everything Changed

Chances.

Ronnie's PoV

I knew this whole thing was a mistake. I never should have come. I should have ended it that night. I could have gotten a new phone, and never had to see Ben Bruce again. But no, of course not. I broke every rule I set for myself, and now I'm in a mess.

I groaned and laid back onto the grass. I ended up in some field, I have no idea where I am, and to top it off, I'm pretty much sober.

"Why am I even here?" I asked myself in frustration.

"Cause you wanted to be." A familiar voice reminded me. I looked up.

"Danny what are you doing here?" I asked. "Are you drunk walking?"

"I'm not drunk. I had a few drinks, but I'm not drunk." He told me. "And I'm here because you need a friend."

"You followed me didn't you?" I glared.

"I was coming over to see where you and Ben went. Heard him say that stuff to you, and saw you storm out." He sighed. "You're lucky I'm here and not him. He went to come after you, but I stopped him."

"Thanks Danny."

"Yeah yeah. Now. Tell me what happened."

"We slept together again an-" I started.

"Horny bastards. All you two ever do is fuck." Danny interrupted.

"I asked him how we managed to keep it not awkward between us, since the whole thing kind of is. Then he said how we aren't most people, and I got confused and went to shower." I paused thinking how weird all of this was. "When I came out Ben was sitting on the bed, I sat next to him, and he kissed me. When I pulled away he told me he liked me."

"Yeah I heard that part." Danny said.

"Then I rushed out because I'm confused and now I'm here." I finished.

"Want my honest opinion?" He asked. I just nodded. "I'm not just saying this because he's my best friend, but I think you should give him a chance."

"Even if I did. He's a rock star. It won't end well." I argued.

"But he didn't drink tonight because he wanted to remember the time he spent with you. He didn't give those sluts in the room a second look. If he were that average rock star, he wouldn't have cared. He just would have gone for it. Gotten smashed and probably have an orgy with all the sluts he could find." Danny told me.

He had a point. From what I read about Ben he loved to party, and he loved his women. He wouldn't just give that up for anyone.

"But he still is a rock star. One good night doesn't mean anything. You two could be in a relationship and he'd get drunk and fuck some girl from a bar. That's how Ben is."

"I don't see how you're helping. You're telling me how he's changed for me, and then how it's probably just a one time thing and he'd end up breaking my heart." I said. More confused than before.

"You should give him a chance either way. If anyone could change him it'd be you." He admitted. "Besides, Ben isn't used to having actual feelings for a girl. He's new to this kind of thing. It'll be good for him."

"You're acting like I know all about feelings and relationships. I'm basically a slut remember?"

"All the more reason you two should be together. With your self destructive personalities, you can save each other from your downfalls." He sighed. "I know you like him. He likes you. You've fucked already. Multiple times. So make it official. What's the worst that could happen."

"It could change everything Danny! I'm not that girl who's meant to be in a relationship. What happens if me and Ben don't work out? It'll be awkward. I have to spend eleven months with you guys. I signed a contract. I can't leave. And if things are messed up between Ben and I everything will just get worse." I ranted.

"Just try it out for a month. If it doesn't work. No hard feelings between the two of you and you can both go back to the way it was before emotions got involved." He offered.

"How do you know it'll work out like that?" I asked unsure.

"Cause I had this same conversation with Ben when we first invited you on tour." He said proudly.

"What?!" I exclaimed sitting up quickly.

"Just give each other a chance alright?" He begged.

"Danny..." I trailed off.

"Ronnie come on, you can't keep sleeping around with random people your whole life." I scoffed. "And don't say that I can't give you this talk, because I plan on finding the right person some day, but you don't have that intention."

"I'm not the relationship type." I repeated.

"Neither is Ben." Danny pointed out. "He loves to drink, party, and sleep around as much as you do."

"Will you stop trying to get us together and actually give me advice?" I asked. He nodded and sat down next to me. "I don't get close to people. I don't like getting hurt. With Ben it's bound to happen."

"Then tell him that. He may be an asshole, but he's capable of caring about people and caring about their well being." He sighed. "Besides if he hurts you, I'll kick his ass."

"Ya know you're actually a good guy." I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

"I know. Now, go get him." He smirked.

"I'm the one who ran away. Shouldn't he come get me?" I joked.

"Don't push it." He glared. "Now leave me be, you running off interrupted Dsnop Drinking time."

"My bad." I laughed and got up. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks for finding Red. She was fun." He smirked.

"So she left then?" I asked.

"Right after." He nodded.

"I taught her well." I laughed before walking back to the hotel.

When I got back Ben was pacing outside the room.

"Um..." I started. He looked up and saw me.

"You came back!" He exclaimed and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Sorry for just running off like that." I said and hesitantly hugged him back.

"It's my fault. I did kind of just spring that on you." He admitted.

"You did. But I still should have stuck around. Heard you out." I sighed and stood on my tip toes to kiss him. After a minute I pulled away. "Truth is I think I like you too." I whispered.

"Then why'd you run off?" He asked.

"I'm not the kind of person who really does relationships. I don't want to get hurt, or left behind, so I don't like to get close to people." I explained.

"That's why you sleep around isn't it? You want to feel wanted, but you don't want to get close to people so you don't get hurt in the end." Ben realized.

"Ding ding ding. We have a winner." I said sarcastically. I crossed my arms, it was cold and I hadn't worn my hoodie.

"Here." He said and handed me his AA hoodie. "And just so you know, I wouldn't hurt you."

"Thanks." I put the hoodie on and looked back up at him. "You wouldn't hurt me intentionally, but you are a rock star, you party, and you'll end up doing something that could really hurt me."

"That's why I didn't drink tonight." He told me quietly.

"I know, but you couldn't do that every night Ben, and I'm not asking you to. I'm just pointing it out." I sighed. "Not to mention we barely know each other."

"So Danny's 'chances' speech didn't work?" He asked sadly, ignoring what I just said.

"You have no idea how much it worked, I really want to give us a chance but-" He cut me off.

"I want to give us a chance too." he paused. "So there we go, no buts about it."

"Ben..." I trailed off.

"We can use this month thing Danny set up. We'll get to know each other, and I'll prove that I won't hurt you. Can we please just try it?" He begged.

"One month. If it doesn't work out we go back to the way we were. Just sex, no emotions involved." I said.

"And if it does work out we continue dating." He smirked.

"Fine." I agreed,

"Good." He laughed. "Now I can do this when ever I want." He said and kissed me.

I sighed, I couldn't believe I was actually going along with this. Part of me was proud of myself though, I mean, I'm officially dating Ben Bruce.

"I have another condition." I told him pulling away. He nodded. "Teach me guitar?" I asked hopefully.

"And here I was worrying it'd be something serious." He chuckled.

"So you'll do it?"

"Of course." He smiled and I hugged him.

Maybe this could work out...