Status: first story! still in progress.

I Could Be Your Perfect Disaster

Long Apologies

The next few days, I found myself hanging out with Josh more and more. Wether it'd be in school or him coming over, every second I spent with him, I felt myself falling for him so much more. My mom started questioning me, asking if Josh was my boyfriend. As much as I wish he was, I always told her no. Then she'd bring up Matt and how she noticed I don't hang around him that much. I guess I have been drifting from him. He was my first friend when I came here and it's not fair to him that I forgot about him ever since a pretty guy came into my life..so I decided to call him up on a Saturday night to hang out with me.

After a few rings, he answered his phone. "Hello?" "H-hey Matt." "Oh, Leah..hey. I'm glad you remembered me." I sighed. "I'm really sorry Matt, I never meant to ignore you. I've just been..busy." He laughed coldly. "Busy hanging out with Ramsay, right?" Why was he acting like this? "Matt..I just.." He sighed. "Save it. You don't have to make up an excuse. I get he's better than me and so much more dreamy and-" "Matt, stop." I snapped. "He's not better than you okay..look I'm sorry I haven't been hanging out with you lately. It's not fair to you that I just ditched you..I was actually calling you to hang out but I guess you don't want to so I'll just-" "No, Leah..wait." His voice was softer. "Look I'm-I'm sorry too..we can hang out..if you still want to." I smiled. "Of course I do." "Great, I'll be over soon. See ya."

I'll never understand why Matt was acting like this, but I'm glad he could put it behind him for one night and hang out with me. I wanted to ask him what all this was about, but something about tonight just didn't make it seem like the right time.

About 10 minutes later there was a knock on my door. I knew it was Matt. I went downstairs and opened the door to see Matt holding flowers. I blushed. "Wha-what's this?" He blushed too and looked down. "I just felt bad for what I said before and I don't know...I thought you might like them." I smiled up at him. "I love them." I pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you." He followed me inside and up to my room. I put the flowers in a vase. Matt walked over to my bed and plopped down. "I feel like I haven't seen you in so long." His face dropped and his voice got quiet. I looked down. "Yeah..I'm sorry.." He shook his head. "Don't apologize, Josh always was the one that got the girls." He laughed at himself. "I don't blame you for choosing him over me." I went over and sat on the bed next to him. I shook my head. "Matt, don't talk like that. I don't care about the looks.." He stopped me. "Then why have you been hanging out with him so much? Is he your new best friend?" Josh and I have been getting close lately. After the fact that he took my virginity, I was lucky he stuck around and wasn't one of those guys that just never talked to me again. Of course I couldn't tell Matt that though. "He just..helped me. At the last party you brought me to...some guy tried to get lucky with me.." Matt's eyes grew wide. "I was too drunk to do anything. Luckily Josh was there and he kicked the guys ass. Then brought me home." He quietly laughed to himself. "So that's where you went." I giggled. "Yeah...I would've told you I was leaving but like I said, I had a little too much to drink. And since you and Josh aren't friends, I couldn't send him back to tell you.."

Matt continued to look down and play with his fingers. After a pause, he sighed. "I just don't want you to get wrapped up in Josh..I know the person he is okay and...I don't want you getting hurt." I gave Matt a sad look. I let him continue. "I'm not saying Josh is an all around bad person..he was my best friend once and I know he can be an awesome guy but, he's changed. That's why we're not friends..I don't want to get wrapped up in the life he now chose to live in." I was taken aback. What "life" did Josh choose to live? He seemed fine to me. Then again...I didn't really know Josh's inside story and every time we'd hang out..we'd end up kissing because I'd get lost in his eyes and the way he's stare at me..I never let him go further, though I wouldn't mind it. I just never felt like those were the right moments. "I'm not trying to control you, or tell you who you can and can't be friends with..all I'm saying is..be careful. Please." Everything Matt was saying really made me think long and hard about everything. I really didn't know Josh that well. Was I just chasing after the person I thought he was?

I slowly nodded. "I-I really appreciate you saying this stuff to me..really I do." He sighed. "I'm sorry if I ruined our time.." I shook my head. "No..you didn't. I promise, it's fine." I smiled at him. He gave me a half smile. "So um, you wanna take a drive to a secret place?" I giggled at him. "Hmm, depends. Where is this "secret place"?" He smirked at me. "It's a secret, duh." I laughed. "Right." I grabbed my sweater and put it over my head. We walked downstairs and out my front door. I shut and locked it on my way out.

"Are you excited?" Matt asked as we got in the car. "As long as nothing bad happens to us, yes." He giggled and began driving.
♠ ♠ ♠
keep reading!