Status: first story! still in progress.

I Could Be Your Perfect Disaster

Awkward Encounters

I rapidly pulled my schedule out of my bag and looked for the number of my class that I had first. I went into a main office that was a little further down the hallway, and was greeted by a woman with brown hair and glasses. "Hi, um, I'm Leah, I'm a new student here. Could you show me where my classroom is?" "Of course, lets see.....ah, chemistry. You go up those stairs and make a right. The room should be 2 doors down." The woman smiled at me as I thanked her and I bolted up the stairs and looked for my classroom. When I finally came across it, I took a deep breath and opened the door. A tall, black haired man turned to me, as did the whole class. I felt my face start to get red. I really hated being the center of attention, especially in a situation like this.

"And why are we late, miss?" "Um, I-I'm a new student. I'm sorry, I didn't know where the classroom was." The man's face softened up and he smiled at me. "Oh, so you must be Leah. I'm Mr.Simons, welcome. You can take a seat right next to Matt there." He pointed to a boy with chocolate brown hair and brown eyes to match. I nodded, and sat down right next to him.

As soon as I did, the boy turned to me. "Where did you move from?" I looked at him and said "Ottawa." His eyes widened with my response. "THAT far? Wow, that's crazy. Why did you move here? No offense." I giggled. He was cute. "None taken. My mom decided to move here, personal business and stuff. Trust me, I didn't want to leave. I wasn't the most ecstatic about being the new girl in a big school." He gave me a warm smile and slightly laughed. "Don't worry, our school isn't terrifying. The people in it are just really annoying." I couldn't help but laugh at that. "If you want, I can show you around. I know it must suck being here and not knowing where any of your classes are." I smiled at him and nodded. "I'd appreciate that, thank you." I handed him my schedule and he glanced at it. "We have 2 other classes together! Besides lunch, but that's not a class." He laughed at his own statement. Did I just make a new friend already? Matt was so sweet, and he had a gentle look to him. Maybe school wouldn't be so bad after all.

Matt had walked me to my next class since we had it together, and the class following that too. We talked more and we had numerous conversations about different topics. I found out he was in the choir, and the band. I thought it was cute that a boy was interested in singing. Most of them think it's gay. The school day had gone by fairly quickly and I finally had lunch.

I ran into Matt again while trying to find my way to the cafeteria. He started laughing as he walked up to me. "The cafeteria is the opposite way." "....right." I laughed at myself and continued to walk with Matt.

We grabbed lunch and sat down at a nearby table. "My other friends should be here soon, you'll love them. They're basically just like me, only I'm more attractive." Matt smirked and I just laughed. Shortly after, a guy with brown curly hair walked up to the table with a short girl by his side. "So, uh, Matt, who's your new friend?" He winked at Matt and Matt just rolled his eyes. I giggled. "Her name's Leah and she moved her from Ottawa. She's in a few of my classes so I figured I'd show her around the school and get her comfortable." "You'll never be comfortable around Matt." The boy murmured. "Hey, fuck you!" I couldn't contain my laughter and Matt just looked at me. "Well anyway, Leah, this douchebag is Ian and that's his girlfriend Isabel." I nodded and turned to the both of them. "Nice to meet you." Isabel smiled at me as she grabbed Ian's hand. "Come get lunch with me!" And with that, they were off.

I was once again sitting alone with Matt, barely even touching my food. "Sorry about Ian, he's a dick sometimes." "No it's total fine, I didn't mind him, they both seemed nice." He smiled at me but jumped forward when a guy came up behind him and slapped his back. "Really Mike? Was that necessary?" The guy turned around, looked at me and put his head down. "I didn't know a girl was with you, I would've been more polite. I'm sorry little darling, the name's Mike." He reached his hand out. I shook it and smiled. "Leah." "Ah, and where did you come from Leah?" "Ottawa." He had the same reaction Matt did when I first told him and just stared at me. "Damn, well welcome to Vancouver." I smiled and thanked him as Ian and Isabel came back to the table. They all sat around me, talking about various things. Me being quiet, I just sat and listened. Matt would occasionally look at me, giving me a look as if he was sure I was part of the conversation. It was adorable the way he cared.

As I continued to stare around the large lunch room, I noticed this one boy sitting with a group of not-so-great looking kids. Kids that looked like they would vandalize buildings and get in trouble with the police. As if he caught my gaze, he looked up at me, all I could see was his piercing blue eyes. I quickly looked away, not wanting him to think I was staring. He was quite attractive. Very attractive actually. I really wanted to look over at him again, to get a better look, but I decided not to. Matt realized my zoned out face. "Leah? You alright?" I felt my face getting red. "What? Uh, yeah. Sorry I was just..um.." He giggled. "You don't have to explain yourself." I smiled at him. The bell rung and we all got up, I was heading to my next class without Matt and I could already feel my anxiety coming. Now that I knew Matt, I wished he could be in all my classes. It'd make my life so much easier.

I was walking through the hallways, well, attempting to say the least. So many kids were going in all kinds of directions. Matt had told me where to go to get to my next class so I followed as instructed. I had a study hall, which I was happy about because I could just sit off in the corner listening to music without the fear of being called on to answer a question. A sigh of relief came over me when I reached my class before the bell.

I sat down in a desk in the far left corner. I was about to put my headphones in when I looked up and noticed that same boy with the perfect blue eyes walking into class. I watched him take a seat, a couple desks up from mine. I just stared. He was....gorgeous. I put my headphones in and started listening to The Foo Fighters. I rested my head on my hand since I didn't have anything else to do and I felt my eyes slowly start to get heavy when I noticed the perfect boy walking towards me. Was this really happening? No Leah, snap out of your dream. Wait...yes it was. I paused my music and looked up at him. He was now sitting in the desk in front of me, staring at me. God, his face was even more precious up close. "Hey um, sorry for the bother. I just heard your music and...I love The Foo Fighters." I felt my face get hot and at first I thought I forgot how to speak. "Oh, wow, um yeah I've liked them for so long. I never found anyone else who liked them as much as me." "Same here but I love them! You have amazing taste in music." I blushed. He must've noticed this because he smiled at me. "I'm Josh by the way." "I'm Leah." "huh, Leah, I like that name. Well sorry for disturbing your peace, talk to you later." With that, he was back in his seat. My heart melted. I would now look forward to study hall every day.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was a long chapter, sorry! I was getting carried away with Matt that I almost forgot to put Josh in there! I'll make them more interesting as I continue, I'm new to this so bear with me!