Status: first story! still in progress.

I Could Be Your Perfect Disaster

Better Than The Both of Us

I laid in bed that night smiling to myself; I was Josh's girlfriend.

It felt a wrong, but so right at the same time. I really did like him, a lot actually.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Fuck, my mom can't know I'm on drugs right now. I pulled the blankets over my head after hearing a light knocking on my door.

"Leah, sweetie? Are you sleeping?" I kept quiet, maybe she'd leave.

I heard her light footsteps coming closer to my bed; dammit.

"Leah? Where were you all day? I got worried, I thought you were abducted!" I let out a small chuckle at my mom's exaggeration. I pulled the blankets down a bit so I could see her. "I was hanging out with Josh." Her eyes widened a little. "Josh? The boy you always hung out with before?" I nodded. "Oh what did you guys do? Anything interesting?"

Should now be the good time to tell her he was my boyfriend? I guess so. I cleared my throat. "Well, um, no not really. Just hung out and you know, he asked me to be his girlfriend." I said the last part quietly.

Her jaw dropped the slightest bit but she composed herself and squealed. There she goes acting like a teenage girl again. "Oh Leah that's wonderful! I want to meet him! Tell him to come over! Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend!?" I sighed. "Because he just became my boyfriend today." She smirked at me.

"You better have not...you know.." "MOM." I playfully slapped her arm and she chuckled when she saw my cheeks get red. "I'm just saying you better be safe."

Too late for that one, I thought.

"Whatever happened to Matt? I feel like you never see him anymore." I felt a lump form in my throat. "I was actually with him earlier today." She smiled. "Oh! Does he know Josh is your boyfriend? Are they friends?"

Oh if only she knew.

"Uh, n-no. They don't know each other." She just nodded. "Well I'm sure if they meet, Matt will approve. He's such a nice boy, have him come over again sometime too!"

My face fell. I didn't want to talk about this anymore.

"Yeah, sure, whatever, if you don't mind, I'd like to get some rest." I didn't mean to sound rude. She just sighed and got off my bed. "Alright, but I better be meeting this 'Josh' guy soon, goodnight." She gently kissed my cheek before leaving my room.

I was just about to doze off when my phone beeped, indicating I had a text message. The name I saw pop up on the screen was the last person I wanted to hear from right now.

Matt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in forever; school is a hassle and aside from homework, I've been going to a lot of concerts in the past few months, but thank you to everyone who continued reading! I know I owe you a couple chapters so that's exactly what I'm going to give you! The end of the story is actually coming soon *cries* but there's going to be a sequal so look forward to that! xo