Status: New Co-Write

Dear Santa.

Chapter 2

Dear Santa,
I know this will never work but Olive and I are having our first Christmas away from home and family.
All I want for Christmas is to find Liam James Payne from One Direction, to wake up and have him beside me would make me the happiness girl in the whole world.
Take care Santa,
Stella Carter


I finished writing my letter to Santa which although I could hardly believe what I was doing, if had brought some fun into the boring Christmas Eve that I was having with Olive. I would have planned for us to do something exciting tonight if we had the money to spare, besides any friends that either of us had made were spending time with their families.

At times like this made me truly realise just how lucky I was to have a big loving family to spend my time with, it also made me feel even more home-sick knowing that this Christmas was going to be a small quiet one with just Olive. Though I did know we’d find something to do together, after all this was our first winter Christmas which I had to admit I was very excited about.

“I enjoyed that more than I thought, to bad our wishes aren’t going to come true” I said carefully ripping the paper from the pad before folding it in half and then half again, I looked over at Olive who I had known since kindergarten where we just became joined at the hip.

“I told you that it wouldn’t be bad, and when have you ever been negative? You’re the one always telling me to think positive, let’s just burn them” Olive said scooting closer to the fire place on her knees, I followed kneeling down in front of the warm crackling fire and carefully placed my folded letter into the flames.

Both pieces of paper quickly caught alight and turned black as the paper curled up before crumpling apart, the act of writing a letter to Santa was childish but it still put a smile on our faces and that was one of many reasons of Christmas.

“Let’s watch some television” Olive mentioned as she crawled back over to the couch and pulled herself onto it, it was obvious she was worn out from work as apparently people still left Christmas shopping to the last day which I never did understand.

I needed to plan while people seemed to just walk around stores and magically find gifts for their loved ones, that never worked for me and it stresses me out just thinking about it. I stood up onto my feet making me way back to the small couch in the living room of the apartment, picking up the remote control on the way.

I plopped down beside Olive on the couch turning the television on before I started flicking through the channels, I ended up sticking to a British Christmas movie that neither Olive nor myself had seen before but right now anything on television was good enough for me.

I was studying my degree in teaching and was only in my first year, meaning I still have three long years ahead of me. Olive had decided to take a year off to work and explore before she went back to studying, while I just wanted to get it over with but there were times when I wish I had taken a year off so I could enjoy my life before studying overtook it.

I glanced over at my best friend seeing that both of us were going to have pretty early nights even if I was planning on sleeping in tomorrow morning, we didn’t have plans so I could take my sweet time getting up. I turned my attention back onto the movie which wasn’t the best but I have seen worse, even if neither of us were really paying attention at all it gave the apartment some background noise.

“Why don’t you go take a shower? It’ll make you feel better and I’ll be heading to bed soon” I told Olive knowing she’d feel more refreshed and it would relax her before going to bed, every time I had a long hard day at university a soothing shower always calmed my body and especially my mind.

“Your right like always, I’ll see you tomorrow” Olive nodded her head as she rolled herself off of the couch before heading to the bathroom while I turned the television off, I stood up walking around the apartment to turn the lights off before walking into my bedroom shutting the door behind me.

I stripped off my clothes feeling goose bumps form on my skin from the cold air, I quickly pulled on my pink cupcake patterned flannel pajamas and climbed under the covers of my bed. I brushed my brunette hair with my fingers to smooth my locks out and then I braided it so no knots would form while I slept, after tying the braid off I picked up the book that I was currently reading so I could give in at least a chapter before bed.

**********************


I sighed contently as I stretched my body out under the bed sheets letting myself slowly wake up, although when I opened my eyes I saw a different alarm clock sitting on a different bedside table. My book nor my phone was sitting on the bedside table but neither was the small wrapped present that I had brought for Olive, I could feel my heart begin to race in my chest when I felt an arm was draped over my waist and my insides started to panic.

I threw the blankets from my body before I literally jumped off the bed which was more comfortable than my own, I spun around so I could work out where I was and who I was sleeping beside. The second my dark brown eyes landed on the body and face of someone I had admired from afar, someone that I knew I’d never get the opportunity to even meet.

My eyes widened as his own brown eyes landed on me and instant confusion formed on his handsome face that was known all around the world, a loud scream erupted from my lips when I finally realised that I wasn’t in my own bedroom anymore.

“Hey shh, calm down. Please stop screaming, how did you get in here?” The deep British accented voice of Liam Payne hit my ears as I watched him also climb out of his bed, there were so many thing running through my mind but at the same time I couldn’t think straight let alone know what to say to him as I was just as confused many even more.

“What do you mean? I didn’t come here, I don’t even know where here is. I went to sleep in my own bed and then I wake up here” I explained the best that I could though even I could hear how freaked out I was in my voice, how did I get here and where was Olive?

“Alright well I believe you somehow, I know I would have woken up if you broke into my house. I am real, you know” Liam said to me trying to keep this situation as calm as possible though he did notice when I pinched myself to see if this was just a dream, heat rose to my face as a red tinted blush settled across my cheeks.

Standing in front of me was the one person I wanted to have as a Christmas present and having him an arm’s length away from me in just a pair of boxer briefs was just a bonus, my eyes moved down his chest until I realised what I was doing and looked back at his amazing face as his own brunette hair was messy from sleeping.

“I need to call Olive, where’s my phone?” I asked him quietly as I suddenly became shy and self-conscious considering that I was wearing my pajamas which weren’t sexy at all, even if they were my favourite pair that I wore all the time.

“I don’t know where your phone is, but what’s her number? You can use my phone” Liam told me picking up his phone from the bedside table, he looked up at me when I didn’t answer him because he may be handsome and famous but I wasn’t just giving him my best friend’s phone number.

It didn’t take him long to realise that I wasn’t going to give him Olive’s number so he simply handed his phone over to me, I pressed the familiar number holding the phone to my ear as I turned to the side as if that would give me some privacy as I waited for Olive to answer my call.
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thank you to alone together; for the comment on the first chapter.
Please let us know what you think about this new story as both Esther and I would love to hear from all of you.