Captivating

Chapter 1

Everything started around 3019 when everything first started to happen. At first is was just little things here and there but after a while it seemed to get worse. People started to show up dead and once we started to finally find out who the people being killed were, we realized it was the people who were wanted for murder, rape or some kind of abuse.

We were rather confused by what was happening but we didn't think much about it until after innocent people were being found as well. Drained of blood or mauled by some kind of wild animal. It was never something we would hope for any one.

At the time I had only been about ten years old and I didn't really understand much of what was happening and my parents wanted to keep it that way for the time being. I was young and innocent, the way every child should be.

Over the next couple of months, the creatures actually started to show themselves and they had no fear of the humans at all. We were like little bugs to them that they could just flick out of the way. So after this humans tried to create a weapon of their own that could kill the beast and they took many men in to train them before sending them out to fight. Many did not return to their families but some did as well. My father being in that group.

Six years later, humans were pretty much being sold off to the creatures we once though were not real. Those who actually had the chance to run did so and my family was in that group.

We had been on the run for the last three years and I have to say it was not easy at all. It was hard trying to make sure we were hidden every hour of the day and trying to find enough food to feed a family of three and then one on the way.

The last thing I remember before I lost my family for what i thought was forever was that I was having this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen but I had kept the feeling to myself. Something that I still regret even to this day.

**********************************************************************************************************

It had been a cool summer night the when we had come across the old Victorian looking home that we planned to stay in for the next week or so until my mother could get to the point that she wasn't in so much pain from having to carry a child within her. We also knew she would be due any day and thought it would be best to just let her relax though we knew it was unsafe.

As soon I knew that my mom was settled down in the once living area of the house I went in search of anything that could be eaten. I knew canned foods were always the best but chips would work as well. I soon found the kitchen and started opening doors to the cabinets and found nothing other then the normal things people had used to cook with.

I turned, having almost lost hope in finding anything but I spotted a door off to the side and hurried over, flinging it open before letting out a small sigh of relief. Inside was a whole shelf filled with canned goods and I started to gather what I could in my arms before going back to the living room.

After I had set down what I had, I went back to the kitchen to get the can opener that I had seen in search for the foods. I also grabbed some spoons before heading back into the living room and once I was back, my father was sitting in there with my mother. His face showed no sign of emotion as I set down what I had. I don't even remember the last time I had seen a real smile on his face.

I opened a few of the cans and handed the first to my mom, knowing she would need it more then anyone since she was having to feed two mouths and not just one. The next went to my father before I grabbed one of my own.

"Adira, I would like to talk to you as soon as you are done eating." I heard my father, Keegan, say to me as he sat next to my mother. I looked up at him to see him watching me.

"Yes sir." I tell him with a small smile. I took my time but I knew whatever would happen would happen soon anyways. I stood up and followed him outside of the house, to the large porch.

"Adira, I am going away for a few days and you and your mother are going to be staying here. Make sure to stay on the down low." My father said to me as I met his eyes. I should have known this day was going to come, but I had secretly hoped that it never would.

"Alright. Does mom know yet?" I asked him and looked toward the door, knowing my mother wasn't going to be happy about this at all. She had also been dreading a day like this.

"Not yet, I will be telling her soon but do not say anything about it yet." Keegan warned her as he took a step toward the door. I knew my father didn't want to leave but he was one of the few who had figured out how to kill the beasts.

I nodded before we both headed back into the house. While I had been searching for blankets and pillows, I heard my mothers cries, knowing my father had finally told her that he would be leaving us for a few days. I knew it would be hard on her since she could give birth at any day and she wanted her husband to be there with her.

That night had been a real restless night before my father had left us the next morning. We had stood on the porch and watched him go before we could no longer see him. Afterwards I hurried my mother inside so we didn't get spotted by any of the creatures.

We were fine for a few days but then my mother went into labor and gave birth to a little baby boy who she named Xavier since that was the name my father had been set on naming a boy of that was what they had. It was hard to try to hide now that we had him, but we made it through for another couple days.

A week went by without my father coming back and my mother and I were both assuming the worst had come to my father and we planned to leave the next day but never got the chance to.

That night we were woken by the door being busted open. My heart had been beating so fast that it seemed like it would beat right out of my chest. It had gone silent for a few moments before I heard the sound of claws hitting the floor as well as foot steps. I froze at the sound and moved closer to my mother who had picked up Xavier.

I soon saw the large animal step into the doorway if the living room door and knew what was coming to us. I bit my lip and sat hip to hip with my mother, who had tears running down her face. I knew then that this wasn't a dream. The beast soon turned its head and it spotted us sitting on the floor.

Everything happened so fast after that it was a huge blur. We didn't even have time to run before they got their hands on us. That was also the first time I had ever seen a werewolf shift into a man. During the time they were binding us up, I kept my eyes to the window and the door, hoping to see my father coming to the rescue, though my hope was soon shattered as we were loaded into a large van and heading to the place I had never wanted to see. The Slavery. Where slaves were sold off as if we were an item to be claimed.

My mother and I cried the entire time to the Slavery, knowing what was to come to us. We would be split apart and sold off to an unknown beast who would claim us for however long they deemed fit.

Once there, we were split up and put inside the dirty cages that anyone dreaded. The stink and filth was just nasty. I knew with Xavier only being a baby, he would be taken in and raised by the creatures instead of being sold off. It wasn't long before I was bought and was taken to my new 'home.'

Over the next three years, I was owned by four different masters. Each getting what they wanted out of me before giving me back to the Slavery. I never saw my mother while I was there and I never heard anything about my father.

I had been there not even a week when He came and I was the one he wanted. I was a broken girl then, but I still put up a fight no matter how hard it was, not caring about the punishment. He had soon paid for me and from there, my life would never be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is not edited. I am actually looking for an editor to help me out with getting the chapters fixed up before posting. Please contact me if you would like to do that for me. Thank you!

(I know its a horrible chapter and it moved fast but her life inside her new masters house is the main focus of this book. Also, I am taking ideas for the book and it would be really helpful to get some!)