Airplanes

Frost Bite

Matt would probably kill Jeff, hell anyone on the team would tear his balls off his body, and Lindsey would probably do worse if she caught wind of this and honestly she was scarier than any enforcer on the NHL. The Brown’s had just had a baby, and so did Dwight and his wife. None of the single guys on the team can keep their mouths shut to save their lives (but seriously they would tell national secrets without being totured), so here we were, with a choice only a true fucking idiot would do.

Dustin Penner had become my saving grace and the one person I told my issues too. He was the only human being that I could trust in my current horrid situation.

I just went to his house, miraculously having his house key still on my keys, Ryback and Jerry, his dogs excitedly jumped on me.

“What the hell are you doing at my place Emily.” Tears didn’t come. I couldn’t understand whether it was me being a heartless bitch or if I was in shock.

“Let myself into Jeff’s to surprise him. I moved out here and he decided some puck slut’s hands jacking him off was a grand idea.” He pulled me into a tender hug.

“Come on in sweetie. I’m sorry. I have ice cream? Isn’t that what you guys normally do when shit like this happens?”

“Or alcohol.” I sarcastically laughed at him.

“I don’t want to clean up puke.”

“You’ve known me long enough to know I don’t puke, I lived in the city of party for like the last five years. Come on.” He looked at me, walked away and came back with a gallon of mint chip ice cream.

“I’m not risking it.” He threw me a spoon. I heard my phone go off.

Jeffy

“Not answering that bullshit.” I turned my phone off knowing he wouldn’t dare call my brother, one of his assistant captains. He didn’t want to die.

Halfway through the ice cream I grabbed the bottle of vodka and started taking shots.

“What did she look like?” He asked.

“Puck slut, like she smelled like a puck slut and she had her hands down his pants and he has a pretty penis.” He heartily laughed at my comment.

“I did shower with him for over a year,” I raised my eyebrow. “You know what I mean you shit head!” I burst out laughing, he yawned. I told him to go to sleep and I fell asleep soon after, knowing I’d have to show my face to my brother at some point.

“Morning sunshine,” I said over a cup of coffee. He stretched and smiled at me. “You seeing Greene today?” I nodded.

“I’m not telling him about last night. It’s not going to be good for the team.” He nodded, hell he understood if he was in the same locker room as Jeff Carter this afternoon he might of just gone after him. “I’m going to go shower and go over to Matt’s. Tell him I went over to your place. Don’t tell anyone Dustin,” he nodded.

An hour later I was sitting on the front porch waiting for my brother to return from practice, turning my phone on, 15 missed calls, 15 voicemails, 18 texts. All from the Canadian that had stolen my heart that had broken the same heart the night before.

I heard my brother lumber out of his car and smile, “Hey shit head!” he flashed his huge smile. “I didn’t realize you were coming over early or I wouldn’t have gone to optional practice. Carter wasn’t there.” My heart jumped into my throat.

We talked about where my new home would be, and how during the times he would be home we would have Sunday night dinners. He was excited. I left to move my stuff into Penner’s house.

The next day I went to watch my brother practice, to say hello to the other guys. I caught his eyes. I felt as though I should say congrats, like I did with Quick, and Brown and Drew. I wasn’t in the mood but they were just thinking just Jeff and I wouldn’t work out, that in some point in time but they didn’t know how down right pissed and uncomfortable I was.

“Congrats…” I stumbled through the locker room, after their showers and meetings.

He looked up, looking like shit, as if he hadn’t slept since that night. “Thank you,” He just stared at me, not knowing what to say to me, not knowing what to say to the girl whose heart he crumbled and who caught him with some slut’s hands down his well tailored pants.

“Sochi will be exciting.”

“Jesus Christ Em, I can feel the frost bite from over here.” Kyle Clifford commented. I flipped him off. He shrugged as he threw on his shirt. It was the middle of a warm January.

“When is your girlfriend due? Tell her to call me and we’ll go spend your money.” I smiled as he nodded as he knew this would happen.

“Can we go to lunch where three-quarters of my teammates aren’t trying to listen in as you’re living with Dustin fucking Penner. He’s not even a fucking Kings and you’re there, staying with him.” He grinded his teeth, I didn’t want to go but he knew that.

“You’re an asshole.” I said through clenched teeth, attempting to keep myself from ripping his throat out.

“Please, Emily.”

“I never said no, Jeff, I said you’re an asshole.” I rolled my eyes, “Meet me down the street at that little Mexican place. We have an hour and then I’m leaving.”

“This is awkward, please Emily.” He said as soon as I sat down. I ordered an ice tea and said thank you once the short man delivered it with a smile.

“I’m not the one who got caught with some blonde bitch’s hands down my pants, I’m not the one who acted as if he wanted me to move out here, but nope, you were fucking someone else and who knows how many other girls while I was packing up my life and moving 1800 miles away from my house for almost the last ten years.” He looked hurt.
“I’m going to keep my mouth shut because I want you assholes to win the Stanley Cup and I know y’all aren’t doing your best so please, act like were friends and I hope to fucking God you get traded next season.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so i tried to hurry and with mardi gras break i could update! hope you guys like it oh yay! comment and poop!