The Angel's Game

Chapter 12

I woke up in the same position I fell asleep in on the bed. I sat up and out of Vic’s lap. He looked at me and smiled warmly. I cracked my neck and realized what had happened. “So,” I broke the cold silence. “Who’s Tony?”
“A boy I dated when I was a human. Before I killed myself.” Vic’s voice faded and he looked down at his lap. My heart ached. I know Vic probably had past lovers, masters, ect. But I’ve never thought about him touching or loving anyone else besides me before. Probably how he feels about this whole Mike situation. I loved Vic, and that wasn’t going to change. “Mike aids him to make me jealous.”
“And does it work?” I wasn’t sure what he’d say, but I’m sure it does. Who wouldn’t be jealous?
“Yeah, for a while. But then I got my first assignment; a scared, sad boy named Kellin Quinn, and he was from there on he was my one and only.” Vic smiled. I couldn’t help but grin back. He always knew what to say. I leaned in and hugged him tightly. My stomach fluttered as I felt him hug back, rubbing up and down my spine. I don’t want to give him up. I’ll protect us like he protects me. I’ll stay with Mike until he gets bored or sick of my face so we can be together.
“Vic, won’t you think I’m gross? After being with Mike? What if you won’t want me anymore?” My mind started to wonder out loud but was stopped by the stroking of my inner thigh. I felt myself blush.
“I won’t think that. You’ll never be gross to me.” Vic smiled. “But Kellin. I want to be your first time.” Vic looked at me with intense, brown eyes. His hand slowly inched up with each stoke, causing a bulge to start growing in my pants. I bite my lip and closed my eyes. “Is that okay?” I opened them again to see a sort of disappointed look on his face.
“Fuuuu..” I couldn’t stop the noise coming out of my mouth.
Hope you’re asleep now, because now you’re all mine.
Oli’s voice overcame me. Then the taste of Mike flooded my mouth. Vic leaned forward and grabbed my chin.
“Kells?” He raised an eyebrow. My eyes darted all over him until they met his. I tried to smile but my lips twitched. He frowned.
“Yes,” I reassured. “Just not yet? This whole thing is stressing me out. Like, am I dead or am I alive?” I looked around for signs. Vic chuckled and leaned back.
“You’re fine. Let’s get to school,” Vic jumped up and walked to his dresser. I just laid still in deep thought. I have to refrain from flirting or touching Vic. It’ll be hard, but its for the best. As long as he isn’t taken away from me. At that point, I don’t give two flying shits about where I end up. I need to protect him.
“Vic,” I groaned, regretting what’s about to come out of my mouth.
“Yeah?” he was having a hard time putting his jeans on.
“Maybe we should just be friends.” The feeling built up again. I built the courage to look up at him to see him standing frozen. His glossy eyes were wide open and his jaw dropped. We stood motionless for a few minutes. I was afraid if I moved, I’d start crying. Vic broke the silence.
“Kellin…” he started, then paused again. I looked away. He can’t see this saddens me. Vic won’t take me seriously. “But we have to show Mike he’s wrong…come on! We’ll show him!” he sat next me and put and panicked hand on me. I shrugged it away.
“Give up, Vic. Let’s just be safe.” I looked at him again. He was smiling. Smiling?
“Okay. If that’s what you want.” He smiled sweetly. “Lets go,” he sang, marching downstairs. What just happened?

--

“Please lemme have a stoge this one time,” I begged as we walked toward the school. Vic said its too nice of a day to drive.
“Nope,” he said stubbornly. All of this drama is driving me insane. I can’t help but feel like Vic never loved me like he said he did. He just totally blew me off, shrugging it off like nothing. Maybe that’s what I meant to him. Nothing.
Jenna was on her phone when we entered the hallway. She looked up, then shot us a weird look. “No hand holding or anything?”
“We’re just friends now.” I smiled at Jenna.
“Yeah, friends.” Vic looked away and scratched his head.
“Im sorry it couldn’t work out,” Jenna gave a pity look, but I wasn’t looking for pity. I already felt bad enough. The bell rang. “Let’s go,” she smiled. I started toward my first class with Jenna, not waiting for Vic.
“Kellin, friends don’t ditch each other,” he caught up.
“You’re right, sorry Vic.” I smiled. I wanted to get away without being rude. I had to. Just him being around me this morning has been taunting me.
We sat down in our normal assigned seats. Jenna and I happened to be placed together, and Vic sat in the front row next to an empty seat. He slumped into his seat. He always looked so bored in class, drawing on the desk with his head propped on his hand. But not today. His face instantly lit up when Mr. Kennedy stood up with a weird, yet handsome kid I’ve never seen before.
“Class, we have a new student. Make Tony feel at home.” He pointed to the seat next to Vic. I saw his eyes never left the new boy. Jealousy ignited inside my stomach, and so did the feeling. I gritted my teeth as they smiled big at each other and did some sort of hand shake. This has to be the Tony he used to date. Who else? I felt like screaming when their handshake lasted a bit too long.
“Fuck off, he’s mine!” I felt myself scream as I shot out of my chair. Everyone looked at me in shock, including Tony and Vic. Ah, shit.