Demolition Lovers

Chapter 14

"Mikey, do you mind, if we stop by my house?" I asked as he drove from the police station. The Jersey sky was threatening rain.

"Okay." He began to drive to my house.

Green Day blasted through the speakers and Jamia and I sang along to the melodic voice of Billie Joe Armstrong. Mikey sang along and continued to drive straight.

"I'm in distress,Oh mistress, I confess,So do it one more time,These handcuffs are too tight" We sang ,completely out of tune.

I laughed as Jamia held the last note longer than written. Mikey's car stopped in the drive way and we all got out. We had all silently agreed to go together just encase the man was still there.

"Mom?" I called. no answer.

I looked in the kitchen and let out a deafening scream. My mother was laying on the kitchen floor ,a look of pure horror etched forever on her pale face. Mikey and Jamia ran in the room and Jamia gasped as she saw my dead mother on the tile in my kitchen. I noticed a little piece of paper on her chest and I walked over to it. I read it aloud.

I told you I would kill somebody you loved.

Mikey came over and put the note on the table.

"Jamia, call the police." He said as he pulled me into a side hug.

She pulled out her black razor and dialed 911.

"Yes, can you send an ambulance and a few police cars to 37 Manchester lane."

"Mikey, what am I going to do?" I asked him as I looked back down at my mother.

"You can stay with me and Gee, you're 17, that's the legal age in Jersey." I looked him in the eye.

"If you think it'll be okay with your parents."

"Hey Cherry, the police are on their way." Jamia interrupted. We walked into my living room and waited impatiently for the police.