Demolition Lovers

Chapter 16

3 months.

It's been 3 months since I moved to Jersey.

3 months since I moved in with the Ways.

3 months since my mother's passing.

3 months since I had realized that Mikey was the one, even if he didn't know it yet.

I had been given the guest room ,which was placed in between Mikey and Gerard's rooms. They had helped me paint it. The walls were a maroon with posters covering it. My bed was twin sized and covered with a black comforter. The room wasn't big but it was everything I needed. I had grown used to the fact that there was no privacy in this house. I was constantly being walked in on. Since I've been here, Mikey has seen me in my bra and undies and Gerard had seen me in my underwear as well. I was growing closer to Donna though. Don wasn't around much. I had taken notice to how that affected Mikey. He tended to lock himself in his room blasting music as if to say 'I don't want to talk to anybody'. He was in one of those moods now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Misfits blasted from the room next to mine and I could hardly focus on the paper I was working on for my English class. I stood and walked from my room and over to Mikey's. I was irritated because he had been like this since spring break started. The door was cracked and I peaked through. Mikey was laying on his bed and writing mercilessly in a black notebook. I knocked on the door and I heard a very faint 'come in'.

I opened the door and Mikey quickly stood to turn down the music. I seated myself on his bed and messed with my fingers. I felt weight to my left and I knew Mikey had sat down beside me. I looked at him with tired eyes.

"What's up Cherry?" He asked looking at my forehead, rather than my eyes.

"Why don't you tell me Mikey?" He looked perplexed and I sighed.

"What's with you, ever since spring break started you've been a total ass?" I questioned, angrily.

"What's with me?" He looked offended.

"I have been minding my own business, is that a crime now?" He asked sarcastically as I stared into his hazel orbs.

"Mikey, you don't eat, you don't sleep, you blast the Misfits day and night. I know you well enough to know that you're definitely not acting like yourself. Please just tell me what's wrong." I pleaded as hot tears built behind my eyes.

"You know me do you?" He asked "If you me so well then why don't you just guess?"

I looked down at my hands.

"Are you mad, at...at me?"

"God you just don't understand."

"Well then help me to understand, Mikey. Tell me."

"Why can't you realize that the reason I've been acting like this is because..." He paused mid-sentence.

I looked up at him expectedly.

"because I love you."