Demolition Lovers

Chapter 17

I stared at him and he bit his lip anxiously.

"Well, say something." Mikey spoke irritated with the silence.

I opened my mouth and tried to speak but no words passed my vocal cords. I wanted to tell him that I felt the same way and I wanted to kiss him. I didn't instead, I stared. Thoroughly speechless. When my mind finally floated back to me, I could see tears in Mikey's eyes. He was looking at the wall and his fists were clenched and his knuckles white. I stood up and wiped away a stray tear.

"Mikey." I turned his head to look at me.

"hmm?" he avoided eye contact.

"I love you too." He looked up and I saw joy in his hazel eyes.

He grasped my faces in his calloused hands. "Really?"

"Really." I smiled at him.

He pulled me into him and kissed me passionately. His lips were smooth and soft on mine. He stopped kissing me and looked at me ,confused.

"Cherry, why are you crying?"

Was I? I brushed my fingers over my pale cheek and felt the hot tears that were cascading down my face.

"Happy tears." He smiled.

I laid back on his bed and snuggled into his chest. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer ,if possible.

"Cherry?" I looked up.

"Yea, babe?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Like he had to ask.

"Sure." I smiled as he kissed my nose and once again curled up against his chest, dozing off in my boyfriend's arms.