Demolition Lovers

Chapter 5

"I'll see ya later." I said to Jamia as she hugged me.

Mikey was driving me home, because Jamia lived next door and we had come in Gerard's car. I waved as I followed Mikey to the door.

The first 5 minutes of the ride were spent in silence. I had noticed ,from the little time I had known them, that Mikey was always really quiet. He really became quiet around me though, he didn't make a noise when we got in the car. He didn't answer me when I asked if I could turn on the radio, he just nodded. I looked out the window as we drove in complete silence.
Mikey sighed as the car stopped in front of a huge road blocker . He stopped the car and put in park. He crossed his arms and leaned back into the seat.

" Mikey, why do you get all quiet around me?" I asked in a timid voice. Hopefully he would answer.

" I dunno." He mumbled. I sighed.

" Do you- Like walking into a dream" My cellphone cut me off. I flipped it open and said hello

" Hello Cherry." my heart pounded at his voice.

"Hello." I said sourly.

" What are you doing?" He asked .

"Staying the fuck away from you." I announced through gritted teeth.

He laughed loudly.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Just stay away from me, Alex. Leave me alone." I said before flipping my phone closed.

"Who was that?" I jumped I had forgotten that he was there.

"No one."

"Yea, no one that you want to stay the fuck away from."

I rolled my eyes and tried to ignore Mikey's sighs. The boy sighs alot. I snapped.

"I'm not going to tell you. And stop sighing gosh dammit." I seethed.

He chuckled and I turned up the music to drown him out.

I closed my eyes thinking of the unexpected phone call.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's heating up....

<3 Karleigh