Status: Whale this was an assignment i did in my Urban Lit class so i might as whale share u feel

Lil' Red

The Wolfe

I continued my way forth, passing blurred faces and picking up small bits of conversation. Jail, old lovers, and fights was all i recalled. None of that never bothered me actually. What did bother me was the faces that followed me when i past them. I didn't go out much, so to see me was as seeing a mystical unicorn in a deep dark forest. I held onto my basket tightly as I passed a group of boys, their eyes remained on me as I strolled by when "Hey there, Bella-Lina!" One of them called. I turned and out of the group came out Andre Johnson. Andre Johnson was one of the only friends I had when i was younger. Every Saturday we used to have picnics at St. Mary-Ann's park and bring along small cakes. My mother used to make the ones i brought. He on the other hand, stole his.

At the age of 12 our friendship ended when my Mother found out Andre had joined the most notorious gang in our city. The "Cairo Family" gang. I was told to ignore Andre any and every time I saw him, but somehow i couldn't let go of those old memories. It's been 4 years since we stopped talking and I still wish I had him with me.

"Haven't seen you in a while," he said. He put his shirt back on, the tight fabric becoming a second skin to his muscled body. "Well, we're not friends anymore, Andre. I'm sorry."
"Is it because of your Mother, still?" I turned and saw the boys and their lust for me.
"Andre, I really can't right now, please." As I turned I felt his arm tighten on mine.
"Let's talk about his, please!" "Andre! No, you're hurting me!"
The boys began to holler like wild animals as he struggled to keep me with him.
People began to stare but they were used to this! They were use to women being beaten by their men on the streets! They sat there, and did nothing.

"LET HER GO!" someone hollered as they pushed through the crowd.
As quick as a man seperated us and jabbed Andre across the face, causing him to hit the ground.
"You boys want some, too?" He offered as Andre's boys helped Andre up.
They quickly helped Andre into the house and slammed the door. "Some gang, ha." The man grinned.

As I peered up I realized that I recognized this man. He was they mystery man from earlier.
The man with the Puff of smoke.

"Hello, I'm Tomas W. But you can call me, Mr. Wolfe."