Home of the Free, the Sick, and Depraved

Leaving

*Warning: sappish beginning. I know, sap is stupid, but I did it for the fangirls *

-Chris's POV-

"I miss you so much," Dez said over the phone.

"I miss you too."

"Are you coming back to the UK any time soon?"

"Not to my knowledge."

I heard her sigh on the other end.

"I'll probably come on my free time. I need to check with Razor to find out our next tour."

"Be careful... I might want to keep you forever."

"I'm willing to risk that."

"How did I get a guy like you?"

"Well, you got lost at our Leeds show."

She chuckled. "Yeah, I know, but you just happened to be walking in the same alley as me."

"It was fate," I joked.

"Shut up."

"You can't make me do that... You're in the UK."

"I will fly over there!"

"Do it."

"I don't have the money." I could hear the frown in her voice.

"I'll send it to you."

"What? Really? Are we still joking, or?"

"I'm serious. I'll pay for your ticket, okay? Next week?"

"Oh my god, Chris. I don't know what to say."

"How about 'I love you. You're the best boyfriend ever'?"

"I love you. You're the best boyfriend ever."

"I didn't hear you properly. I think the connection is being lost."

"Ha, ha, Chris."

"What was that? Ta-ta, Chris? Are you introducing me to your ta-tas?"

"Chris!"

"Sorry." I chuckled.

"You're insane... But, yes, next week will work just fine. I haven't seen you since that night... a year ago."

"But we're making it work."

"Indeed we are."

-Time Skip-

"You guys remember Dez?" I pulled Dez into the room with the guys.

"No." They shook their heads.

"I do," Razor spoke up. "Nice to see you again, sweetie."

"You too." Dez smiled. God, her smile is so beautiful. "Did you not tell them about us?" she whispered in my ear.

I shook my head.

"Why not?"

"So, how long have you two been together?" Ricky asked.

"A year," she answered.

"And we didn't know about this?" he asked again.

"No offence, but, after I saw how Razor was treated, I didn't want you guys to know."

Razor shrugged. "That was hell."

"Sorry," Devin apologized again.

"I'm not," Josh flatly said.

"Again? Really? What the hell do you have over me? You're the one who left."

-Razor's POV-

"You're the one who disregarded my love confession."

"Josh, you know exactly how I feel about that. We even talked about it, and you said you were the same way as I am. Obviously we're a little too different."

"Were you expecting us to just date for the rest of our lives and not get married?"

"Looking back, I guess that was irrational. Excuse me for thinking you'd stay."

"You can't just expect someone to stay faithful when the relationship isn't even official!"

"Oh, so you cheated too? I 'can't expect someone to stay faithful'? And you wanted a stupid piece of paper to express how we felt about each other? Wow! I am so glad that we broke up!"

"You're twisting my words!I never said I cheated."

"Did you?"

"N-" he cut himself off.

"Rot in Hell."

I ran out of the apartment and keyed his car. After that, I raced to Burn's apartment.

"You okay, sweetie?" Burn asked after I slammed the door.

"I'm moving back to New York," I huffed.

"What? Why? No."

"I'm quitting my position for Motionless, and moving back to New York." I began throwing my things in a suitcase.

"Lani, wait."

"Stop calling me that, dammit. You stopped calling me Razor back in Chicago, and I need you quit this whole 'Lani' thing."

"Dad named you."

"I've been Razor longer than Lani."

"Dad named you. Razor was your cover-up name. Razor-- because it didn't take much for you to hurt someone. Razor-- because people could never get too close to you."

"Burn, stop!" I almost sobbed. "Burn-- because fires help metal sharpen. Burn-- because no one could talk to you without getting hurt."

"Lani-- sky. Sky-- eternity, limitless."

"Cora-- maiden. Maiden-- purity."

By now, we were both sobbing.

"I have to go. I'm taking the next flight to New York. Good-bye, Cora."