Status: something to help the writer's block

The Irony is That This Cell Phone Has Gone Through Dante's Inferno and Back and Still Looks Better Than You

In Which No One Knows If He Was Really Playing Football

Natalia bounded up to the Whitmore’s front door and knocked three times. Bouncing on the balls of her feet, the lights on her Sketchers blinking. A huge smile threatened to pop off her face.

It faltered slightly when Will was the one to open the door, not James.

“Will!” She breathed, playing with the hem of her Tangled t-shirt. “Is James home? Can he come and play?”

Will pursed his lips. They blanched white. “Why do you want him? Can I come?”

Natalia bounced nervously again. “I only need James. Two girls moved in down the street. Sonnie and Carly. They wanna play tag team hide and seek!”

“Why can’t I play with you? James is way older than us. And he’s boring.”

“He’s nine and we’re seven, Will. He’s not that much older. It’s only—” She paused to count the years on her fingers. “Two! Two years!” The silence was punctuated by the tapping of her feet against the wooden porch. “Anyway, me and James are always partners. Is he home?”

“I’m way better at hide and seek than James!”

“Will, come on, please? Is James playing football somewhere?”

Will crossed his arms, a petulant expression on his face. Natalia frowned. Guilt began putting pressure on her chest, making it a little hard to breathe. “I’m not telling you!” He declared, turning his nose up and away.

“Will! That’s no fair! You can play with us next time!”

But he had already closed the door. That’s what Will did when things didn’t go his way.

He left.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm procrastinating on doing test corrections for my physics class

pro tip: Don't take physics unless you are either Albert Einstein or rather fond of ruining your life.