Status: finished, until i decide to write an epilogue. i still may.

Folded Paper.

Hudson Ackerman.

Hudson was a bit shocked when she saw Allister walk through the door of the coffee shop, his black hair practically combed over his eyes. It was the last place she expected to see him. To avoid any questions from her best friend, she simply pretended as if Allister wasn’t in line, waiting to order. He looked rather cute today, she believed, with his striped sweater and his mushroom-colored skinny jeans.

“This turkey sandwich is amazing,” Katie claimed, wiping her mouth with her napkin. “I don’t think you understand what you’re missing out on.”

Hudson shrugged her shoulders and picked her fork up, starting to poke at her food. “I’m perfectly fine with my quiche, thanks,” she mumbled. In the corner of her eye, she could see Allister conversing with the cashier. “Have you talked to Daniel today?”

Katie shook her head. “No, I haven’t. Why? I thought you hated him…”

“I was just curious. And I don’t hate the prick. I just don’t necessarily care for him,” Hudson clarified. She was still watching Allister, observing the way he mindlessly looked around the coffee shop once he paid for his coffee. “I’ll be right back, okay?”

Despite the fact that she asked Kate the question, she didn’t wait for the reply. Hudson stood up from the swivel stool she sat on and flattened her dress out, walking toward Allister. He was walking toward a booth in the back when she placed a hand on his shoulder. With an eyebrow raised, he turned his attention toward her.

Hudson looked at her hand and quickly placed it to her side. “Sorry,” she apologized. “You’re Allister, correct?”

“Yes, my name is Allister. Hello, Hudson. I didn’t expect to see you here.” Allister looked a bit irritated, his lip twitching slightly. “Can I help you in any way, shape, or form?”

“Not if you don’t want to. I’m here with Kate, you see.” Hudson paused and pointed at Kate before continuing. “I just wanted to talk, that’s all.”

He furrowed his brow. “What if I told you that I didn’t want to talk? In fact, there isn’t much to talk about, besides the dreadful weather and how bad my outfit is. So, your answer is no, Hudson. I don’t want talk to you.”

She wasn’t happy with his response, but she pretended that she was. She forced that darn smile to stay upon her lips. “That’s fine. That’s completely fine. I’m sorry for bothering you.” Hudson turned around, letting her face falter as soon as she did. She was halfway back to where Kate sat when her name was called.

“Hudson, wait! You have no reason to be sorry, I do! Let me buy you coffee?” Hudson turned around—again—and nodded her head. “Great. How do you like yours?”

As she walked back to him, Hudson realized that she didn’t know how she liked her coffee. She wasn’t a big coffee drinker. She was more of an ice tea person. “I don’t know,” she said. “Get me whatever you’ve got.”

Ten minutes later, Hudson and Allister were sitting at a booth by the window, drinking coffee with lots of sugar and lots of cream. “I’m sorry for being rude. I’m not in the best of moods. I mean, I’m better than I was this morning, but it’s one something in the afternoon and today has already been more stressful.” He laughed. “How is that even possible?”

“I don’t know,” Hudson laughed. “I can’t even remember what I did yesterday.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was shorter than I expected.

I hope it isn't horrible.