Status: finished, until i decide to write an epilogue. i still may.

Folded Paper.

Allister Roberts.

It was eleven thirty in the morning and Daniel Walberg was already calling Allister. Sighing, he answered. “Allister Roberts.”

“It’s Daniel Walberg, friend.” Like I didn’t know, Allister thought. “I’m having another get-together. Would you like to come? It’ll be better than last time—more people and more girls. Let’s not forget more alcohol.”

“How great,” Allister said. “More girls and more alcohol—isn’t that every nineteen-year-old boy’s dream?” And in some ways, it was every nineteen-year-old’s dream. Who wouldn’t want to be met with the most alcohol and the most girls? Allister sighed. “While that sounds great, I—”

“Fabulous! I’ll see you at eight, friend. Bake some cupcakes, will you? If not that, buy some. I’ll pay you back when you get here later on.” And the line went dead. Allister swore under his breath. What was with Daniel Walberg and his little get-togethers? He knew how much Allister hated them.

Allister stood up and stretched his torso, his back, his arms, and his legs. He then proceeded to shedding his clothes and sliding into the bathtub to wash.



Daniel Walberg’s house was loud. It didn’t help that his new girlfriend kept laughing her shrill of a laugh and that all of the other people at his house were practically drunk. This was Daniel Walberg’s idea of “better than last time”? That was an error on his part.

Hudson was sitting next to Daniel Walberg and whatever his girlfriend’s name was. It was Kat or something like that. She looked bored, except for the fact that she kept downing cups of alcohol. Allister observed her and how she looked tonight; she wore her hair down, a floral blouse, and a black mini skirt. He had the urge to go talk to her, go compliment her dull brown eyes, but he didn’t.

It wasn’t him that approached the other first. It was her, setting her red plastic cup down on the table and walking over to Allister ever so daintily. She politely asked the blonde sitting next to him to switch seats, smiling daintily when the blonde obliged. “Hi,” Hudson said softly, playing with her hair.

Allister was barely impressed and thought that the fact that she was playing with her hair was redundant, but he mustered up a reply anyway. “You look quite appealing, Hudson.” Maybe he was being nice. Perhaps he was trying to see how honest her half-drunken self would be.

“Well, for one, I knew that you’d be coming. That seems like a reasonable enough reason to look pretty today,” she justified. “Thank you, though.” Her face contorted into that similar to a grimace and she held her stomach. “Wasn’t there something about liver and kidney failure when drinking too much alcohol?”

Allister chuckled and placed his hand on her shoulder reassuringly. “You probably just need to throw up. You’ll be fine.”

She nodded her head, placing her hand on top of his. “I’m trusting you, Allister Roberts. If I end up in the hospital tonight, though, from some organ deficiency, I’m blaming you.” For whatever reason, this made Allister laugh and he decided that this girl, with her dull brown eyes and ordinary blonde hair, wasn’t that bad. Hudson laughed lightly, too.

“How about we go someplace else, huh?” Allister suggested, taking Hudson’s hand in his.

She ceased her laughed and furrowed her brow together. “Like your house?” Allister frowned, mulling over his choices. Should he show her his home? The place where he folded all of those darn airplanes? No one in the town knew where he lived and he’d been living there for a little over a year.

“Yeah, sure,” he said, tugging on her hand a little. “Just don’t barf in my car.”

Hudson hesitated for a moment. “I mean, that seems nice and all, but what about Kate?”

“Oh, that Daniel’s girl?” he asked. “Kate will be fine, Hudson. She’s too busy swapping spit with Daniel, anyway.” Hudson’s eyes darted toward the couple for a moment before she nodded her head slowly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it's late, but this chapter is quite important.