‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

...Aim...

Worry flowed through his veins, exploding in his mind. It was coming, he could see that but that soon, he didn't expect. Looking at hundreds of supernatural vampires standing in front of him was like a wakeup call for him. A wake up call that his brother wasn't going to change, that he was going to have and make a hundred enemies but more than his brother at the moment, his thoughts flickered towards Hayley. If he had known before, he would have her out of the house but there she was, in the upper room, sleeping peacefully, oblivious to what was going on downstairs and God forbid, if anything happened to her, he wouldn't be able to forgive himself and Klaus...who knew what would happen to Klaus?

Elijah smiled despite the panic attack he was having. He was the Original vampire who has walked this world for thousands of years and one thing he had learnt was that confidence was really the key. No matter how scared or tensed he felt, he couldn't let the emotions show on his face. This would give the sense of accomplishment to the enemy before they'd even accomplish anything and he wasn't going to let them anyway.

He didn't know how many people were there. If they came with a plan or just a simple kill them command but he knew what he had to do. His eyes flickered towards the room upstairs and he wondered if Mia knew. She had promised to help him protect his family. Her being here would've been such a great comfort. People feared her, feared her powers and strengths even if she was such a sweet and caring angel but well, nobody had to know that.

"Oh, let the ringleader of this circus come forward," Klaus smirked as he stepped down the stairs. His face was amused, his eyes sparkling with unspoken joy and Elijah sighed. There was no changing this man. "I thought this lot would've learned their lesson," he said as he looked over every face present in the room with a keen eye and Elijah knew he was accessing the competition.

"I'm here," Marcel came forward, his stance spoke volumes of his confidence, his tone strengthened it but Klaus didn't waver, "It's time for you to leave, Klaus," he said as he took a step forward and his minions followed his suit, staying at his heels, "I'm gonna offer you one last chance to pack your stuff and get the hell out of my town," his threat was loud and clear.

Klaus chuckled as he looked around, "Or what?" he asked, "Rush to your deaths?" He lift up his hand as he started to examine it closely, "Did you forget how your friends screamed for mercy last time you came out to play?"

"Look around, Klaus," Marcel hissed as he waved to the people around him, "Every vampire in the quarter came out. They want you out."

Klaus sighed as he tilted his head, "So, you're not a lot of renowned geniuses?" he taunted.

Marcel' eyes were cold, tight as he stared straight at Klaus, "They want their city back," he spoke, "No surrender this time, Klaus. You want this city? You want to rule? You're gonna have to kill us all," his voice was bold and Elijah's eyes went to the room again as he tried to restrain looking there. He didn't want to give them the idea that they valued what was up there but his mind was running to think of ways to get her out somehow. His eyes met Klaus' and Elijah smiled with relief that his brother was thinking along the same lines. It gave him hope. In matters concerning Klaus, he always found the littlest of reason to have hope again.

"Fine then," Marcel shrugged, "Come, get me," he said, happy that things were going according to the plan. This is what they wanted. Separate the brothers, weaken them, kill them. Simple, easy.

Elijah's eyes were tight as he looked at Marcel, "If you don't, I will," he almost snapped at his brother in a sharp whisper and Klaus chuckled.

"I got him," he replied, "I taught him everything he knows and you should never take your teacher up for a fight," he said, "He always has a secret move he never taught you," he whispered back. He was ready for Marcel. When time came, he wouldn't hesitate, not this time.

Elijah gave him a nod as Marcel ran out the door and Klaus followed him, leaving Elijah alone who faced the people in front of him, "Are you sure?" he questioned but was only met with a loud roar of, "Let's take'em down," as a reply. Typical guys, he thought as he adjusted his coat and loosened his tie, his hands fisting up.

Elijah ripped out the heart of the first brave soldier that came forward and wrung the neck of the other, his torso bending backwards as he dodged the oncoming assault but remained steady on his feet, his hand going out to the chest of another opponent, readily tearing open the body as he straightened himself, "Oh, Gentlemen," he sighed, "Not bad," he mocked, "but not nearly good enough," he lurched forward as he landed a straight punch on the unknown face, knocking him out before he dipped avoiding the hungry hands that attacked him. He swiftly pulled out one of the many wooden beams that supported roof, broke it into two with the help of his leg as he struck both into the next men that came for him.

Jock saw the whole scene playing before him, amusement glittering in his eyes. Man, that Original was good. Real good if he had to say himself and he loved how the body counting was rising with every second. Stupid vampires, he thought and shook his head as he moved stealth towards the stairs, his eyes on the room where he was sure Hayley was being kept.

Marcus really didn't thought much about the wolves as he planned this war. He trusted Vincent so blindly because of their share hatred towards Klaus but he didn't know that Vincent was a true leader of the people who trusted him with their lives and he wasn't going to waste those precious souls. Yes, Vincent was ready to kill Klaus but he wanted to win this town for his people, his brothers.

Jock sneaked into the room. Hayley was sleeping despite the noises outside and for some reason that made him smile as he reached her. "Wake up, little warrior," he whispered into her ear, his hand feeling the skin on her face, "Hayley," he called out and she woke with a jolt, her eyes unfocussed as she rubbed them and concentrated on Jock's face.

"What are you doing here?" she hissed not knowing the reason he was lurking in her room.

"We need to leave now," he said and Hayley looked at him confused.

"Why?" she asked looking around, "Where's Elijah? Uh, where's Klaus?"

"Marcel has attacked," he told her, "He told the witches to come and get you."

Hayley panicked, her brows sweating as she put her arms around her swollen belly, "What? Why?" her voice was croaked, scared and her eyes kept darting to the door.

"You know they'll kill your baby," he said looking soberly into her eyes and Hayley nodded.

"What am I going to do?" she asked.

"Leave. Come on, I'll take you out," he said moving towards the door that lead to the back exit. Hayley wasn't sure if it was smart to follow him out but now that she paid attention to it, she could hear the grunts and screams of the people downstairs. Her first thought went to Elijah. Was he safe? Would he be? Was he down there fighting those beasts off?

"Why?" she asked, "Why are you helping me?" she said because she knew very well who Jock really was. He was Vincent’s best man and Vincent according to her was the enemy, "You hate Klaus," she stated but got up, her eyes looking at the door.

"Don't hate Klaus," he replied, "Nothing personal," he told her as he pushed her slightly towards the door, "Come on, quickly," he hastened her, "You're a wolf, Hayley," he simply answered her question but in a hurried way, "We wolves don't abandon our friends. Family means everything to us," he said and glared at her until she started moving towards the door, "Hurry! They'll be here soon."

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"I don't know," he replied because he wasn't sure himself. He just had to make her get out of there, towards the safety and out of this mess. She didn't deserve this. She wasn't the part of this war. "Vincent just asked me to keep you safe," he said.

"Because I'm family?" she asked as she hurried out the door and down the stairs.

How much more convincing did this girl need? "Yes," he replied quickly as he got her out of there. Jock took a deep breath, "Maybe, I'll take you to some human populated area. If you stay among them, maybe, you'll be safe," he said as they both kept running out in the dark. With every step he took further from the house, the better he felt about himself but little did he know that he wasn't the only one who was keeping an eye on Hayley.

Davina had sensed Hayley getting out of the house as soon as she entered the mansion where all the men had kept Elijah busy. Really, the fight happening there wasn't to kill Elijah, it was to distract him enough so that Davina and her witch friend could get in, retrieve Hayley, sacrifice the baby and get their powers back. With their powers combined, they could easily kill Klaus which was a win-win for all of the parties involved.

She never had a good feeling about Vincent but his hatred for Klaus always seemed so strong and his desire to get the cure from Katherine which she promised him at Klaus' death was so potent that Davina was convinced that he was on their side but she would've guessed that they would try to keep Hayley safe. That was the sad fact about the wolf community, why they never reached the top ladder because they wanted it together in unity with all the tribe wolves. Loyalty was somehow so important to them, it was almost ridiculous.

"I can't run that much," Hayley panted and Jock slowed down to direct to the far tree at left.

"The car is waiting just there, Hayley," he said as he held her hand, "Come on, you can do it," he cheered her on.

"You can stop anytime you want," Davina called out and suddenly realized how evil she sounded, her voice, her demeanor. She had changed so much in just a few months of time. Gone was the innocent, naive girl replaced with the horror version of herself and she hated it but she needed it. To save her tribe, her friends, her family, she just had to go through with that kind of sacrifice. If she understood that kind of commitment before, she wouldn't have been scared and run off with Marcel. She would’ve face it and gone with it, not causing any trouble for her people but she was a coward. That was going to change soon though.

"Stay away, witch," Jock clenched his teeth and he made a pushing gesture towards Hayley, asking her to run towards the car that was now almost in sight.

Davina closed her eyes as she raised her hand and send Jock flying away as his back hit the tree and his body collapsed after the impact, the air whooshing out of his lungs. Hayley let out a scream, seeing her future clear as a day in front of her. Her heart was beating at double pace, pinching and hurting. She had to do something. She had to protect her baby, herself. A choking sob broke through her lips and she tried to make a run for it when Davina jerked her head towards her motioning the other two witches with her to grab her.

Hayley felt the witches catch up to her and she whirled suddenly, trying to land a neat punch to knock her enemy out but the blow felt sluggish even to Hayley herself as someone pulled her off her feet violently. Hayley tried to shove the witch off but lost her balance, tumbled along the ground. She tried to curl her legs towards her body, angling it towards the ground, changing the direction of her fall, putting the weight on her side as she planted her hands on the rough, prickly grass.

She closed her eyes, a groan escaping her. It was unreal, the pain that went shooting up from her legs to her chest. She couldn't breathe and her vision was clouding up. She felt the warm, sticky liquid travelling down her body and her joints all locked at one place. No! She screamed but no voice came out. No! No! But there was no one to hear her screams, her pleas.

Jock opened his eyes, seeing the multicolored circles around his field of vision but his head cleared up as soon as he saw the car driving away. The adrenaline pumped through his veins as his eyes frantically searched for Hayley but he saw nothing but the blood spilt on the road. He tried to get up but the pain in his back and left leg sent him tumbling back to the ground as he let the cuss words fly out of his mouth. He had to get up. He had to tell Vincent or better yet, Klaus.

Yes, Klaus. He would help Hayley and then he would go ask for Vincent's help, maybe setting things right. He closed his eyes and stood up, swallowing up the pain as he started limping towards the main street. It was difficult to stand even but his mind was made up and he wanted to be the better man in all of this. No way, they thought killing an innocent child was a right thing. It was inhumane and wrong on so many levels.

It was no long or far though till his eyes fell on the person he was looking for. Klaus was with Marcel, both bleeding and sweating as they circled each other with cruel eyes and a sneer. Klaus had a small smirk on his face, so did Marcel but he knew that Klaus was the Original and he couldn't die but he, on the other hand could die easily by hands of Klaus. His thoughts went towards his people. He wished his sacrifice would be enough, that they would somehow gain their city back but things looked bleak.

At least, Davina would have had Hayley by now, he thought. If someone just came with the Hayley news, Klaus would lose it. Even if for a second, he gets vulnerable at the news, Marcel would strike. He was ready. His eyes look around, searching for Vincent. He was supposed to be here by now. He wondered what was keeping him. His eyes met Klaus' confused one and Marcel was taken aback but then he felt the razor sharp teeth piercing through his neck and a gurgling sound escaped his mouth.

Klaus straightened up as he saw a beaten and battered Jock panting in front of him, "Who the hell are you?" Klaus asked.

"Hayley," Jock replied, his hands on his knees and Klaus felt himself tight as a string.

"Where is she?" he hissed every word separately.

"Davina took him," he replied, his eyes meeting Marcel's betrayed ones. What the crap was going on? Marcel thought. It was Jock. He was Vincent's man. He was an ally. Why would he bite him? Why tell Klaus about Hayley in that worried tone? Did Vincent betray him? Was he planning something else? What about his plan?

"The witch?" Klaus asked, fire lightening up in his eyes. "Where is she?" Klaus went and jerked Marcel, "Where did your witch take her?"

Marcel stayed quite, his hand on his neck. He was aware of the werewolf bite on his neck. He was a dead man...until Klaus gives him his blood and even though he didn't want to ask Klaus for anything, Klaus saw the glint in his eyes and he reveled in it. "How pathetic you've become, Marcellus," he said.

"My name is Marcel," he replied.

"I named you," Klaus bellowed at him, "I freed you from torture, from slavery," he grabbed his face roughly as he stared directly into his eyes, "I gave you a home, you ungrateful pest, a family. I gave you everything," he took a breath, "And now I will give you your life," he stressed every word, "if you tell me where Hayley is?"

Marcel stayed quiet, his eyes looking straight into Klaus', "If you could see yourself," Klaus said, "As much as you try to be the nice guy, you're just like me. I did see myself in you all those years ago."

"I'm not anything like you," Marcel spitted.

"You went after Hayley," Klaus hissed, "You are nothing but a monster. Like. Me. At least I own up to who I am."

Marcel sighed internally, "I don't know where she is," Marcel said.

"Liar!" Klaus howled and Marcel flinched.

"I don't know," Marcel repeated when Klaus heard the scream. The voice was familiar and Klaus stood up quickly. Jock straightened up.

"That's Hayley," he said and Klaus gave him a nod but then his eyes went to Marcel, his wound and he shook his head.

"Rot in hell, Marcel," Klaus spat the words at him as he ran towards the source of her wrenching scream. Marcel looked over at Jock and knew what was to be done. One Klaus, the witches could handle but if Jock left and called Vincent and his wolf brothers, Davina wouldn't be able to help the witches and she would probably get killed which is why Marcel knew he had to stop Jock from advancing.

Taking a deep breath, Marcel turned towards Jock who was still catching his breath unaware of Marcel's intentions as he double punched Jock, his fist hitting him square in the jaws and Jock fell backwards, meeting the ground. His eyes changed suddenly as he came to bite Marcel again but Marcel was quick on his feet as he dodged him and put his hand to his chest. With one swift motion, he ripped his heart out, his breathing hard as he gently threw it down by pushing it with his thumb. He had to go now, see how his friends back at home were doing with Elijah and he had to warn them about Vincent and his change of allies.

Klaus ran as fast as he could but as soon as he reached and entered the threshold of the church, he found himself flying with an unknown force as he his back hit the wall, his arms spreading of their own accord and he couldn't move. His fell on the helpless body on the stairs, screaming and thrashing around calling out his name or Elijah's and for the first time in a long time, Klaus felt the tears burning in his eyes. He felt powerless, helpless as he watched her.

"It's coming," Davina said in a calm voice but she was anything but calm.

"No!" Hayley screamed, "Let me go! Let me go! Klaus!" she let her pain be felt in her voice and Klaus flinched at his name being called out in pain. He had to help her. He just had to but he couldn't move from the wall. He was stuck to it like a fly. He felt pathetic. Hayley's eyes met his and she saw the pain lingering there, the helplessness and she felt sorry for him. He didn't deserve it. He didn't deserve to watch this happening but then her pain blinded her as she let out a blood curdling scream.

"Let go of me, you bitch," Hayley was saying but none heard her as the witches kept discussing their own merry topics.

"You need to be calm, Hayley," said a witch that was standing with Davina. Hayley didn't know her name but her face looked familiar, "Why are you doing this?" Hayley cried, "Why?"

"To be reborn, we must sacrifice," Davina answered simply, like she felt nothing.

"What the hell does that mean, you psychotic, little bitch?" Hayley howled, thrashing as the pain engulfed her. She shrieked, doubling over in her pain, her vision blurring. She didn't hear when the witches replied her to her question.

"The ancestors demand an offering in exchange for power," the familiar witch replied as her eyes went to Davina accusingly.

"I'm doing everything I can for you now," Davina snapped at her but the other witch just shrugged, not caring for whatever Davina had to say.

"And your child will be a fine offering," the witch continued as if Davina hadn't spoken at all, ignoring her completely.

"You will not take my baby," Hayley yelled, "I will kill you. I will kill all of you," she threatened them.

Hayley's screaming was constant after her last threat but Klaus took over for her, "I will bring hell to your doorstep!" he promised to the witch Genevieve and Davina, "I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" he kept saying but he knew very well his efforts were going to waste as the witches kept on doing what they intended, Hayley kept screaming and he stayed there glued to the wall.

"Gently, Hayley," Genevieve said, "Push, gently. I can see it," she exclaimed and as soon as the words left her mouth, Hayley heard the most magical voice of crying but the pain was still intense and she didn't understand what was wrong with her.

"You have a beautiful daughter," Genevieve whispered to Hayley but her eyes went to Klaus who had the most fascinated expression in his eyes. He was awed, humbled. He was a father. A thing he never dreamt of. A daughter. He had a little princess. He was going to protect her, relish her, spoil her. In just a moment when his eyes fell on his child, he felt the most strange feeling as if the world was shifting back on its axis after being astray for so long and he was more than ecstatic to be home. He couldn't keep his eyes off her, the little miracle until Hayley screamed again and the spell broke again.

What the hell was happening? He looked over at her. She was still in pain, still screaming her guts out. "She's going to die screaming," Klaus shouted and everyone fell into motion, started to examine her, see what was wrong when Davina spoke up.

"She still has life inside her," she said as if in a trance and for a moment everyone froze including Hayley. What the hell did it meant? "She's still in labor," Davina said and Hayley finally caught up to her words. Oh God! She was having twins. Twins! She didn't know what to do. Scream of joy or cry with happiness and then her fate popped into her mind and her children and the elating feeling disappeared as she thought about it. She was going to lose both of them. Her eyes went to Klaus who looked at her with heartbreaking sorrow in his eyes and she felt her heart flouting.

"Please," her voice had the begging tone to it now, "Please, let me go. Please, please. Let me go," she pleaded, "Don't do this. They're innocent. My babies," she said and then wailed in pain as the witches got back to work.

"Calm, Hayley," Genevieve said and Hayley wanted to punch the hell out of her.

"Why don't you give birth to twins, you bitch?" Hayley replied as her body spasmed and she tried to hold herself together through the pain. She did it before. She could do it again. She shook her head. Nuh uh, not possible. It hurt like bitch.

Genevieve rolled her eyes at Hayley's comment, "Calm and gentle," she kept repeating in a soothing voice. It wasn't long before Hayley sagged back to the desk she was lying on, her breath coming back to her and she heard the wailing of baby again. Her heart was soaring, a sense of pride flowing in her system. Her eyes went to Klaus when Genevieve smiled at her, "It's a boy," she said and a sob escaped Klaus' lips, his eyes shining with happiness but dismay settled as soon as he let himself feel any joy.

"Please," Hayley took a deep breath, "Please, let me hold them," she requested and Klaus watched from above as both his little angels were handed to their mother. His throat constricted and he almost suffocated with the emotions he was feeling. It was this moment, he knew that would be etched into his memory forever. The look in Hayley's eyes as she held them both in her arms and placed small kisses on their cheeks and the way she turned towards Klaus to see if he was watching this, sharing this beautiful, precious moment with her.

The moment however was short lived as in just under a second, Davina slit Hayley's throat. "No!" Klaus howled, his eyes moving to Hayley. Her hands were clawing her throat as she let out a gurgling sound, choking on her own blood and Klaus saw the witches snatch his baby away and he felt a gaping hole in his chest, "Come back, here!" he shouted after them as they started to move out of the church with the pieces of his own heart and soul, after slaying the woman who gifted with such miracles.

"Let them be," he bellowed but Davina turned her eyes to him.

"You should know this brings me no joy," she said but her eyes were empty as she took a deep breath and gestured towards Klaus who heard the sound of his neck snapping as he hit the floor hard and fast, losing consciousness and pain for a while as he fell into oblivion, "But what needs to be done, shall be done," were the last words he heard.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ready Aim Fire - Imagine Dragons