‹ Prequel: The Devil's Angel
Status: Hope you guys enjoy. Feedback will be appreciated. :)

Forever; The Devil's Angel

Appalling News

"If it isn't the pretty little Bennet witch," Katherine called out it in her husky, deep voice, walking into the room gracefully.

"Katherine?" Bonnie turned around surprised.

"The one and only," she smiled coyly at her, rolling her eyes slightly.

"What are you doing here?" Bonnie asked, knitting her eyebrows together, she crossed her arms on her chest.

"I just came to visit," Katherine said making puppy dog eyes and pursing her lips together.

"Oh, please," Bonnie waved off her statement in dismissal.

"You say that like I can't do that," Katherine replied, her smile turned into a scowl.

"No, you can't. You're the great Katherine Pierce," Bonnie looked at her, "So, why don't you tell me what you want and leave?"

Katherine smiled and held her finger, "Well, ok but only because you said I'm great, I...am going to ignore your leave comment."

"How generous of you," Bonnie said in a resigned tone.

Katherine laughed, "Yes, I'm known for that," she mocked as she went to stand in front of her, "I want the immortality spell," she stated.

Bonnie took a step back in surprise, "You what?" she asked, disbelief in her voice.

Katherine tapped her foot impatiently, "You heard me," she said.

"Are you crazy?" Bonnie asked.

"No, I'm great," she raised her eye brows as if they had gotten ahead of that point.

"What the hell?" Bonnie exclaimed and Katherine rolled her eyes again. "Oh, please witch. Grow up. I know that you're using expression and you have that much power to make me that," she said.

"Then you don't think I have enough power to fry your brains out?" Bonnie asked, taking a step forward, glaring at Katherine whose eyes widen and she inhaled in a sharp breath. "I see, you didn't consider that possibility," Bonnie smiled in a malicious way, her eyes burning.

"Oh, please," Katherine started, "I am Katherine Pierce and I always survive," she paused, "And the rule number two of it is to consider all the possibilities," she smirked.

"What's the rule number one?" Bonnie asked, narrowing her eyes.

"No attachments," Kathrine replies quickly, "No weakness," she said. "Unlike you. So, here's what I have to offer if you do that little thing for me," she said as she placed the cure on the table.

Bonnie gasped, "The cure?" she looked up to look at Katherine, "You have the cure?"

"I had it all along," Katherine smiled, "So, here's the catch. You can have it and you get to be the master of universe since everyone wants it. You can give it your precious little Elena or you can bring back your Jeremy or even your...Grams."

"And you want me to make you the immortality spell?" Bonnie asked, her eyes still on the cure.

"Easy enough, right?" Katherine said as she went to sit on the seat nearby, crossing her legs in a ladylike manner, she inspected the frame on the table beside her.

"Ok," Bonnie sighed, "I need time," she said and Katherine's eyes snapped up to her, wide in disbelief as she looked at her and slowly they narrowed like slits, closing in on Bonnie and Bonnie squirmed uncomfortably under her scrutinizing gaze.

"You really can't do that, can you?" Katherine asked as she slowly stood up and moved towards Bonnie who took a deep breath. "I heard Silas is dead," Katherine stated but she asked for a confirmation to which Bonnie nodded, seeing no way out.

"He's dead," Bonnie confirmed with a nod and Katherine slowly took the cure in her hand, closing her fingers around it.

"And you didn't use your expression?" she raised her eyebrows, taking another calculated step towards her, "Who else could be powerful enough to defeat Silas?" Katherine asked, curious, hungry for information.

"None of your business," Bonnie dismissed her as she tried to move past her but Katherine was almost on her face.

"Who was it, Bonnie?" she asked in a tight and clipped voice.

Something snapped in Bonnie as she looked at Katherine with glazed look in her eyes, "You think you know everything, don't you when the truth is...you know so little," Bonnie said through clenched teeth. Nobody was a fan of Katherine and she had started to get on her nerves.

"Who was it, Bonnie?" Katherine repeated her question, ignoring Bonnie's remark. It would only rile up her anger.

"Mia," Bonnie spat the name at her, "It was Mia, Katherine. Mia Pierce," She smiled now seeing all the blood drain from Katherine's face, "Ring any bells?" Bonnie asked with a smirk as Katherine's step faltered and she backed herself to the wall.

It wasn't possible. They didn't know about that. They didn't know about how her Mia swapped places with the real Maya Markowitz and was now living with her name while the real Maya lived all her life as Mia Pierce. How could they know this? This would put her Maya in danger...this would put her in danger. She couldn't let this happen. Maya had told her that Mia was dead. It was so long ago, Maya had killed her herself in the forest, she remembered that.

"Cat got your tongue?" Bonnie said with a satisfied smile. She had never seen that look on Katherine's face and it was priceless. "Surely, you remember her? Isn't she the one whose life you made a living hell while you kept your precious little Maya safe and sound? Sent her out as orphan Mia Pierce who nobody cared about while you kept the real Mia safe with the name Maya. All because they looked alike," Bonnie shook her head in disgust.

Katherine snapped at her as she rushed towards Bonnie, the dark veins appearing under her eyes but Bonnie held out her hand towards Katherine as she took a step back. Katherine screamed, taking her head in her hand, her eyes rolling back in her head. "I may not be using expression but I am perfectly capable of defending myself," Bonnie seethed with anger.

Katherine clenched her eyes as she gathered her strength to get out of the house. "Don't you ever come here again, Katherine," Bonnie threatened her, "Or you might not get that lucky," she said in somewhat calm voice and stopped inflicting pain on her. Katherine gulped in the air as she gave one last glare to Bonnie before running home. She had another task to do now.
**********************************
"Maya!" She screamed as she opened the door, "Maya!" She screamed again, shutting the door with so much force that the frame rattled but she didn't care.

"What the hell, Kat?" Maya came in, her hair dripping with water, a towel wrapped around her body. "What happened?" she asked, knitting her eyebrows together as she saw the pink flush on her cheeks.

"Did you or did you not kill Mia?" She asked, looking hard at her.

"Where did that come from?" Maya asked shaking her head.

"Just answer, please," she said impatiently.

"Of course, I did. I told you that before. I did. She’s dead. Gone. Not our problem anymore," she shrugged tightly.

"Then how in the pathetic world everybody knows about her?" she asked through her teeth as she clenched her hand in a fist, trying to control herself but control was far from her.

"Who know about her?" Maya asked.

"Bonnie, the stupid witch does and if she knows...it means the whole Mystic Falls gang know about it. How can they know about it? How can they know about her?" Katherine asked as she paced the room, "Everyone who knew about her is dead. Rose and Trevor. Her real family thinks you are their daughter," she threw her hands in exasperation, "You live as their daughter Maya, for heaven's sake. How can anyone know that Mia Pierce existed?"

Maya thought hard about it. Her look alike. She remembered when she met her. Really, nobody knew about her. Katherine had made that sure so long ago when she swapped their places to protect the real Petrova bloodline.

She had given up her name to that Maya girl, taking hers because she knew that under the Markowitz family name, she will remain safe but if people had found that Katherine still had a family, the last remaining living person of the Petrova bloodline, they would've used her against Katherine.

She remembered everything clearly. The night she killed her because of...because of Enrique. Her eyes widened as the realization fell upon her. Katherine spun around, "You know, don't you? Who knew about her, Maya?"

"Enrique did. He knew about both of us," she whispered the words, looking down at the ground.

"Enrique who? Enrique who, Maya?"

"Enrique Parisi," she murmured.

Katherine gasped loudly. Nothing had ever shocked her so much, "Enrique friggin' Parisi? Seriously, Maya? Do you have any idea who he is?" Katherine asked, seething with anger. Her blood was boiling with furious rage. Everything she had done to protect Maya and here she was.

Maya shook her head, "No," she said, her voice breaking.

"He's the friggin' Salvatore, Maya. Salvatore. He's their brother. Damon's and Stefan's friggin' brother. Enrique Parisi friggin' Salvatore," she almost screamed and Maya shut her eyes close, "If you knew that he knew...why didn't you kill him too? Why didn't you take him out of equation?" she asked, eyeing Maya. When she saw her gave her head a small shake, realization hit upon her. Suddenly everything made sense.

"You loved him," it wasn't a question, it was a fact that she knew to be true. She waved her hand, "You loved him. After everything I did to protect you...and myself..."

"I'm sorry, Kat. I'm so sorry. God, I didn't think," Maya said getting up, she came to stand in front of Katherine, "I don't know...I just. I'm sorry," she said, her voice breaking.

Katherine sighed as she took her by shoulders, "That's why I don't love, Maya. It makes us weak and I have so enemies and if they know about you...they're gonna come for me through you because I have nothing to lose...nothing except you. You're the last family I have, Maya," she sighed.

Maya nodded. She understood it clearly. Katherine had always been protective of her, saving her, protecting her. 'Everyone had a weakness' she used to say and Maya knew that you never let your enemy ever know about your weakness and she was also aware that she was Katherine's only weakness, her only family, which is why they always stuck together.

"How..." Katherine started, "You say, you killed her then, how...Bonnie said Mia's the one who killed Silas but Mia was dead already...how did," she looked at Maya, "How did she do that?"

Maya's eyes widen, "I, don't...know," she started, "There could be a spell or something...or anything like cure?" she said unsure.

"For a spell like that, you need a powerful witch who uses expression and there was only one cure and I had it with me all the time," she groaned. "How weird is that I'm totally clueless," she shook her head in exasperation.

"We'll figure it out," Maya said, clutching her towel on her chest, "We can always go and see Isobel's research," she suggested and Katherine smiled at her.

"Looks like we've got a road trip...again," she rolled her eyes as Maya chuckled. "I suppose we do, I have nothing against road trips though."
♠ ♠ ♠
Note that Mia and Maya are two different people who just look alike. Their names were just swapped after they had an accident as you guys might know if you have read, The Devil's Angel. If not, go check it out. Still, if you have any confusion or question regarding it, feel free to ask. :)

Your comments are the fuel to my writing, so please comment, subscribe and recommend. It would mean a lot.
I know that I update every Saturday but my cousin's getting married. Yay! :D So, I wouldn't be able to do so. For that, I'm sorry but I'll try to update when I come back.

Stay tune for Damon action. That guy has lot on his mind right now and he's going to release that pent up frustration soon enough. 'Where' is the question. ;) Thank you all for so much support and love. I wouldn't have been here without you guys. <3