Warrior

The Mob and the Mall.

Drew's POV.

"Over here is the movie theatre. Oh and here is this incredible little restaurant. Best. Food. Ever. Funny story actually. One time I was on a date with this guy and we're sitting outside and this bee buzzes over-" Lilly was interrupted by Aaron.

"Ok Lilly this is a tour. /Not/ a valley girl camp fire." He teased from the drivers seat.

"Oh shut up Aaron." She scolded.

He snickered and shook his head. "What? Out of comebacks?"

"No, I just realized its not worth it to use them on you." She smirked as the rest of the car laughed.

"Aaron. Watch the road! This truck isn't cheap bro!" Justin scolded.

"Calm down man. I'm a better driver than you are." Aaron laughed. Kelsey giggled. Aaron glanced back at her in the reflection of the mirror. She smiled at him and he beamed back at her. It was probably the single cutest thing I've ever seen.

I nudged Justin and nodded over to Aaron and Kelsey. He smiled and nodded at me. I mouthed at him /them. Together./ I made a face like I was melting. Justin laughed. I like to make people laugh. I could tell he liked to laugh. This was going to be a good friendship.

We arrived at a mall. It wasn't that big but it looked good. Everyone got out of the car and we started walking towards the mall.

Someone screamed Justin's name and I heard a few people shouting at him.

"Oh shit" Justin said.

I looked at the direction he was facing. Oh shit indeed.

Justin's POV.

I should have known this would happen. How could I have been so careless? I completely forgot about fans and paparazzi. What was I thinking? Ugh. I just have to get out of here.

I looked over at Drew. She looked really freaked out. I yelled over at Ryan, Aaron and Chaz to round up the other girls. I shoved through the mixture of flashing lights and screaming people. I reached Drew and grabbed her forearm. She looked at me and smiled slightly but then her expression turned right back to worry. I pulled her close and walked through the crowd ignoring the questions and insults.

With her other hand he reached up and grabbed her beanie from her head. She gripped it so tight her knuckles were white. I was a slightly curious as to why that relieved her but I shook it off. I had to focus on getting her away from these people.

We finally got inside and the security guards helped us out by blocking the doors. I looked at the others. They were all inside readjusting and recovering from the mob. Lilly was over with Drew talking to her. She gave her a short hug and walked over to Aaron. She told him something and he nodded. I wish I knew what they were talking about.

I walked over to Drew and sat down next to her. "Are you alright?" I asked concerned.

She looked at me. "Not in the slightest." She replied with a nervous expression.

"Why not?" I asked. God I probably sounded like an idiot.

She sighed heavily and looked at the floor. "Listen Justin. I've done a lot of shit for years. I came here because my parents didn't give me a better option. They said if I didn't focus on my school and character building then I would go to reform school. If the see I'm spending my school days out with friends goofing off their going to kill me." She shook her head.

"What did you do that was so bad? I mean your their daughter. What did you do that made them so upset?" I asked not being able to stop myself.

"Listen Justin, we just met today. And even though I know your really trustworthy, I /can't/ tell you some things yet." She said.

I nodded. "I'm sorry." I said and smiled lightly.

She smiled back and she stood up. She held out her hand to me. I took it and we walked back to the others.

"Well it looks like we will be here for a while. Lets have a look around shall we?" Lilly giggled.

"Where are the best stores?" Drew asked smiling at her.

"Where do I start?" She shouted as she grabbed Drew's arm and pulled her along with. Kelsey jumped over and looped herself around Drew's other arm.

As they walked off I turned to the other guys. They all flashed me cheeky smiles. "What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." Chaz shook his head, still smiling.

"Seriously. Tell me." I said, a bit irritated.

"Well it's just that you were getting pretty close with Drew. Huh?" Ryan had this biggest smirk on his face.

"Guys. Seriously?" I said, shaking my head, "we're just friends. And I assume that was her first time being attacked by the paps. So I went over to make sure she was ok. That's all." I explained.

"Oh. Alright. It's just you guys would make a pretty hot couple." Chaz said winking at me.

I just chuckled and shook my head. "Lets get shopping. We're here. We might as well spend some time doing what we came here for." I said gesturing to the other stores.

We all started walking over to a shoe store and we looked around the new sneakers. I walked over to Aaron and tapped his shoulder. "Hey man." He said to me.

"Hey, I've got a question." I said.

"Shoot." He replied.

"What did Drew do that got her sent here by her parents?" I asked a little nervous.

He sighed. "To be honest with you. I don't completely know why. I would like to tell you what I know but I don't know if it's right. I don't want to give you false information." He said putting a hand on my shoulder.

I nodded. "I understand. Thanks anyway." I said starting to walk away. I went back to looking at sneakers, still trying to figure out what happened with Drew.

Drew's POV.

Justin was being really sweet. He was such a good friend. He really cares. I need someone like that right now.

Kelsey, Lilly, and I walked to the cutest clothing store I've ever seen. "Oh my god! Look at this dress!" Lilly screeched.

"Lil go try that on. I want to see you in it." I shouted.

I was shifting through racks of shirts on clearance when I heard a "boo" behind me.

I jumped and turned to see Justin smiling behind me. "You scared me." I said and playfully smacked his arm.

"That's the point." He said with a chuckle.

I scoffed and turned back to the rack. "What's up?" I asked.

"Me and the guys just wanted to come and find you and the others. Aaron figured you'd be in here. This is Lilly's favorite store." He replied.

"Oh cool we-" I was cut off by Kelsey yelling over at me.

"Drew! Drew! Drew! I found the /perfect/ dress for you! You have to try it on!" She screamed.

"Ah, well, Kels," I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "you see, uh, dresses aren't really my thing."

"Well they are now!" She yelled and grabbed my hand. "We will be back guys." She yelled back at the guys behind us.

"Fine. I'll try on the dress. But only this one. No more." I said as I tried to wrench myself from her grip.

Kelsey and I walked into the dressing rooms and put on each of our dresses.
We walked out the same time Lilly walked out. She looked beautiful in her dress. It was a light blue, one shoulder, skintight, sequined dress. It matched her eyes perfectly.

Kelsey was wearing a navy blue, pleated, strapless dress. It was simple but it looked incredible on her. Because she had a darker completion it made her look a little lighter. It gave her a lively glow.

I was wearing a coral, cross-strap, open back high-low dress. I looked in the mirror. Damn. As much as I hate to say it, I really look good in this dress. I, dare I say it, looked pretty.

Lilly walked over to me and twirled.

"You look beautiful." I told her. She smiled at me.

"Yeah. You do." I saw Chaz walk up behind Lilly.

Lilly spun around and looked at him. Almost immediately she looked down and blushed. "Thank you." She said trying her hardest to avoid eye contact.

Aaron was talking to Kelsey too. She was constantly smiling down at the floor and he smiled with her.

I walked over to Justin and tapped his shoulder. He spun around and stared at me. "You look-" I cut him off.

"Yeah yeah. Hold that thought. Look over at Aaron and Kelsey. Their so obviously into each other. We should set them up!" I whisper-yelled to him.

He glanced up at them and then back at me. He smiled and nodded. "Well he's liked her for like 4 years. It's about time someone did something about it." He chuckled.

"See! I know if we play our cards right we could have them together before the winter dance." I said to him, jumping like a little kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
LET ME KNOW WHAT GOES THROUGH YOUR LOVELY HEADS AS YOU READ.