Stranger

Chapter 3

"Hey sweetie." Rick says as he opens the car door for me. "Hi" I answer back with excitement. I had a huge smile on my face because today was the day. The day I learn how to play baseball. I am super nervous. I have never spent this much time with someone as much as I spent with him within the past few days. I watch the scenery pass as we drive to Olive Garden. I couldn't help but replay what my mom told me. Its not like I wanted to think about it I just couldn't stop myself. What if my mom was right? What if Rick was a bad person and I was just overlooking it? I look at Rick who is too busy focusing on the road to notice me. He does look a bit rough, like a bad guy now that I think about it, like the ones you see in the movies. I shake the thought from my head as we pull up to the restaurant. We wait to be seated and he starts asking me questions. "How is school?" "Eh school is school." I answer quickly hoping to avoid any more questions. Our waiter came and showed us to our table and served us. It was really good. I have never been here before because well me and my mom couldn't afford it. It was nice to not have to worry about the bill for once. After we ate Rick took me to the baseball field. This was it. The moment of truth. He handed me a bat and went to the pitchers mound. "Are you ready?" he asked. "I guess so" I answered unsurely. He threw the ball softly and I swung and missed it. "Strike 1" he yelled as if I didnt know. He threw another ball, this time faster. I swung at it and the bat flew out of my hands and hit him in the face. "Why the hell couldnt you hold the damn bat?" I started to cry and he slapped me across the face. My tears rolling down my stinging cheek. "What the fuck were you thinking? You like throwing bats at people? Huh? Answer me! You know what you are just like your mother, worthless" He yelled again. "Im sorry Rick, I didnt" I tried talking but my mouth stung too much for me to get all the words out. "Rick?!?!? No I am your father" Taken back by what he has just said I start to yell back at him "Father?!?!? No! Mom was a father to me. You were stupid and mom kicked you out and Im glad she did too." "Bitch what did you just say to me?" I feel my cheek stinging again before I knew what happened. I put my hand to my cheek stinging from his slap across my face. I start to get angrier and try pushing him down, but his height kept me from doing so. "You really think you can hurt me little girl?" he said laughing like my pain and anger was the funniest thing in the world. I put my foot behind his and trip him up. Before he knew what happen I sprayed him with mace. "I know I can hurt you." I say and run away as fast as I could. I run home to my mom and cry my eyes out. "Why didnt you tell me mom, why didnt you tell me he was like that?" I look up at her as teas come from her eyes. I wipe them away and hold her. I was always my moms protector, but who was there to protect me? I had to protect myself too. And best believe Rick has it coming to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long I have been busy, but tell me what you think or any changes