Status: My first ever story. Please don't hate

How Can We Love in This World?

Twelve

3rd person
They all hurried into a lift after the men ran back out to the cars, as the man who introduced himself as Dr Edwin Jenner, told them that once those doors shut they won't open again.

In the lift Daryl stood in the far corner and Bailey got shoved into him but she didn't apologise for it. Shane then entered and looked towards Bailey and smiled at her, but she hung her head low. She couldn't be bothered with him anymore and she didn't think she could ever forgive him.

They all got out the lift and Jenner showed them to a room full of computers and introduced them to Vi. They learnt that Jenner was the only one left and Vi was actually a just a robot voice.

Next Jenner led them into a room so he could take their blood which they all promised to do. Bailey was pacing up and down anxious about getting her blood taken. Daryl placed his hand on her shoulder to stop her, she was making him feel nervous just watching her. She shrugged him off and hard, but was then called next. When she was done she stood up and became dizzy, and Shane rushed over to her side. Just like she did with Daryl, she shrugged off Shane but feel to the floor. Shane had backed away and Daryl came and tugged on her arm.
"Get up." He growled knowing she wouldn't listen, and pulled her up and over to a seat.
"Is she ok?" Jenner asked
"Yeah she hasn't eaten in days, none of us have." Jacqui reassured him.
########################

After everyone had had their blood taken, Jenner then led us to some sort of cafeteria. My stomach growled at the thought of food. Anything would do. But I was fuming from before, how embarrassing Daryl having to take me like. when he sat me down I shoved him away from me and practically growled at him. I have to admit though, it was better Daryl than Shane.

we all gathered around a table and I choose to sit in-between Glenn and T-dog. Jenner cooked us a warm meal which everyone adored and practically liked the plate clean. Jenner also had a variety of bottles of alcohol which he kindly shared with us all. Even though I was desperately wanted it I knew it was best not to. I still had to prove to this group that I was loyal and getting shit faced drunk wasn't the answer. Even one glass would turn into a bucket full, therefore I stuck to soda from the vending machine.

Carl wanted to try some wine, Rick wasn't bothered but Lori was skeptical. Dale was trying to twist her arm saying children in other countries were aloud to drink. It was the end of the world and Carl was 12 years old this would probably be the only chance he would get to try the substance I really didn't see the problem. Rick soon changed her mind and some wine was poured into his cup and every single pair of eyes in the room watched intensely at the small boy. He took a sip and swallowed, he nose curled and he shuck his head as he shouted "yuck!"
Everyone laughed at his reaction.
"Stick to the soda pop bud." Shane said.
"Me you both." I added holding my can of pop into the air. Carl grabbed his pop and held his into the air too.
"Not you chinaman, I want to see how red ya face can get." Daryl shouted across to Glenn with a bottle of southern comfort in his hands. Glenn shuck his at the nick name Daryl had given him, while everyone else laughed. I joined with the laughter but placed a kiss on Glenn's cheek to show I didn't mean any harm.

"Bailey." Rick broke the laughter also catching everyone's attention, "you've been with us now for a few days and it seams still that not everyone knows much about you." Everyone turned to look at me, just how we had done to look at Carl. Shit. What was I gonna say.
"Well, my name is Bailey Scott and i'm 27. I'm from Georgia, born and bred but I once ran away to Texas with my best friend Ryan and lived there for a while, but soon moved back though."
"What happened to Ryan, I never saw him again after that. Neither did Merle?" Daryl asked. Wow blow me down, that completely shocked me, I didn't know he knew him that much.

Everyone else was as shocked as me, to hear that Daryl knew some sort of my past apart from that little incident that EVERYONE knew about.

"Well....erm... we lost contact after I decided to ask for help with...." Was I suppose to tell them the truth, "problem." That was the best I could think of and only hoped he knew what in the hell I was on about. And luckily he nodded his head in agreement
"I didn't do much with my life after, no proper job, no qualifications, but two years ago my life was starting to get that little bit better, I was engaged." I gripped hold of my necklace and ghostly rubbed my hand over my stomach.
"What happened?" Glenn asked.
"Well he died in a car crash and to make things better, I had a miscarriage and was told I wouldn't be able to have children." Everyone looked down.
"I'm sorry." Glenn said, grabbing hold of my hand and I squeezed it back in acknowledgement.
"Anyways that's me." I smiled trying to lighten the mood.
############################

After my buzz kill story, Rick got us to thank out host properly. Jenner led us to yet another room and said "there are some spare clothes and some hot water. You are welcomed to use it, just pleases, don't over do it on the hot water."

I chose a small room, found a black t-shirt, shorts and white knee high socks in the draws. I took them into the bathroom, locked the door and turned on the shower. I let the water fall onto my putrid skin loving each and every moment. I took advantage of the soap, shampoo and conditioner they had and scrubbed the blood and dirt off. But I knew what Jenner said and didn't spend that much time in the shower and got out the shower.
(Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=107837689 )
Afterwards I got dry and put the fresh clean clothes on, it felt good to be clean once again. I dumped my dirty clothes into my room and made my way down to the rec room.

There were thousands of books to choose from, enough to keep us busy for a lifetime. I wasn't much of a reader but was else was there to do for entertainment.

Glenn, Carol, Sophia and Carl wee in the room too, Glenn was slightly tipsy. I went over to Glenn and gave him a hug causing him to laugh loudly. He was my best friend and after Amy I was gonna spend as much time with him as possible, even if that meant being his shadow. When I released him from my hug he kissed my forehead and he left the room, possibly to go find more alcohol.
"Come on kids, time for bed." Carol spoke leading the kids out of the room.
"Night," I called out to them.
"Night," they chorused back.

It was just me in the room, well so I thought, until I felt someone brush up behind me. I jumped not used to someone that close. I spun around and saw Shane.
"What do you want?" I spat.
"I'm sorry for before, I didn't mean it." He said getting closer to my face and rubbing himself against me.
I tried to get away but just got cornered, "For what? Leaving me to die. Well thank you very much."
"Let me make it up to you." His hands moved down my sides and onto my hands, he pushed me hard against the wall.
"And how do you plan on doing that?" I asked but I knew exactly what he wanted. He couldn't get Lori so I guess I was his next best thing.
"Well," he started.
I thought I had it all under control, I had dealt with people like this before, but I was suddenly pinned up and pushed himself in between my legs. He had both of my arms in his and wouldn't come loose. I squirmed and wriggled but it was no use, and he started to tug my top up and I was totally powerless and was starting to panic a little , but then I had an idea. I leaned into kiss him and when he did the same I bit down on his lip. Only it wasn't as hard as I would have liked it to be and he didn't budge, but only encouraged him more. One of his arms moved up my shirt and I just went with my instinct and kicked him in the balls. He let go, moved back and fell to the floor in pain.
"Leave me the hell alone you sick bastard." And I practically ran out the room. Half way down the wall I stopped and started to cry I felt violated and couldn't stand it.

Daryl must have heard my crying, he stuck his head out of his room and made his way over to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think we will happen with Daryl and Bailey.
My chapters maybe a little later because I have wrote it all down and now coming to the end and need to think of some more ideas before I update so I am sorry. And also, I have already written my next chapter but now I have something else totally planned so have to re write the whole chapter but hopefully you all will enjoy.

I'm so happy as well I almost have 100 readers and I didn't anticipate on getting that many, but I hope for many more if you all enjoy the story. Thank you to all my readers for reading. Hope you enjoy.

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all.