Status: This story started on my old Quizilla account, then I moved it to Tumblr, and now here. So if you've seen this story before, I am not plagiarizing. I just move around a lot.

Don't Call This Love

[Chapter Eight]

"Only a few more weeks till school starts." Draco whispered snapping me back into reality. "Yeah, I know," I whispered back through a smile. "I’m ready to go make my home back in the Slytherin Common Room again, and get out of here." Draco laughed in agreeance, "You must be dying. I don’t know how you’re still alive Rae. Potions class is unbearable for me. I couldn’t imagine having to actually stay there. He probably lives in a shack doesn’t he?" Draco mocked, quietly laughing under his breath, as not to disturb the adults.

Dinner at the Malfoy’s had become the new code for Death Eater meeting. So naturally, their dinner table was filled with the lot of them.
There was a serious conversation going on at the opposite end of the table. Draco and I tried speaking softly, but I knew once I glanced in that direction, Snape could definitely hear us.

I turned back towards Draco and whispered quietly, “Actually, it’s not horrendous. It’s just not…..Homey..”
"Raeanne. You don’t have to lie. I’ve heard Bellatrix describe it. I know it must be embarrassing for you-" "Oh shut up Draco!" I hissed, "You can’t go about believing everything that snakes its way out of that woman’s mouth!" I snarled at him. Draco looked a bit taken back. Like he didn’t understand why I had suddenly snapped at him. "I’m sorry..I didn’t mean to upset you." He mumbled, dropping his gaze to the table. I sighed and gently placed my hand on his, "No. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have snapped at you. I’m just so stressed out. With everything that’s happened…." He looked back up at me and gave me a small smile and squeezed my hand, "I know this summer’s been hard for you." He said trying to sympathize. But really, Draco would never know of the true delimas I was facing. And no one would. Because I would not tell a soul.

Not one.

Because my life, and possibly my teacher’s ,depended solely on my silence.

"It’s so nice to see you Raeanne. I miss having you around." Nacrissa said softy as she hugged me. I smiled back at her, "I miss you too. There’s nothing I wouldn’t give to be able to stay here again." I felt a slight tug at my heart as I pulled away from her. I knew I was lying.
It was eating me up inside, as I smiled and played along. If there was one thing I hated the most, it was lying to the people I cared about.

And the Malfoy’s, they were my family.

It was a good thing Lucius wasn’t there. I never could lie to him..

Once all the goodbyes were said, and hugs exchanged, Snape led me into the fireplace and we made our way back to his home.

As soon as the sitting room appeared, Snape hastily departed from the fireplace. I crossed my arms across my body as I slowly stepped out. Snape was in the kitchen busying himself with making tea. He didn’t look at me as I walked by, so I just continued my way up the stairs.
I kicked off my shoes and took off my dress. I routed around in my dresser for something more comfortable to wear. I settled on an old t-shirt I had stolen from Draco, and a nice comfortable pair of shorts.

I had just laid down on my bed with a new book, when I heard a light tap on my door. I jumped off my bed and ran to the door. I opened it to see the hard face of Severus Snape staring back at my own.

"Umm, may I come in?" He said after clearing his throat.
"Of course." I choked out. I opened the door farther and he stepped inside. I walked over and sat down on the edge of my bed, waiting for him to speak. My stomach was in complete knots. I was so nervous. And Snape was so unpredictable, I didn’t know what to expect..
Snape walked closer towards me and began to open his mouth to talk, but almost immediately as he had opened it, he snapped his mouth closed, pursing his lips into a thin line. “Is something wrong sir?” I asked timidly. Snape looked at me, and a smile flashed briefly across his face for a moment and then in an instant his face was back to the same hard expression he always wore. “No, no. I suppose I just came up to ask you if you wanted any tea. I have a cup waiting for you down stairs if you do.” He coolly.
I didn’t respond right away, and I simply stared at him while I thought about what he had just said. I knew he was lying, and I desperately wanted to know what it was he was hiding.
"Tea would be nice." I said finally, sending him a soft smile. Snape’s face relaxed a little, "I thought you might. Feel free to join me in the sitting room when you’re ready." He said before swiftly exiting my room.

I sat there on the bed for a few minutes trying to think about what was happening, and what would happen. It would be a lie to say I didn’t know where this could all lead, but on some level, I really wanted to end up there.

So I took a deep breath and headed off downstairs to the sitting room, where my Potions Professor awaited me, with a nice hot cup of tea.