Status: routinely updated :)

Is It 'Cause I'm Cool?

Good Morning America, how are you?

[Everly’s POV]
„Aaaaaw… Hey Everly!“ Daneel screamed through the whole airport. I quickly turned around and searched for my crazy girl.
“Oh Daneel!! Finally you’re here!” I gave her a long hug.
“I am just so sorry for being late… But I just had to buy you some of these!” She gave me a blue box with a big and yellow smile on the lid.
I gave her a questioning look and opened the box - it was brimful with condoms.
“After the thing with Tom I thought these will help you to make a cut and start a new beginning while we are on our tour through America!”
The whole thing with Tom ended last month, because he didn’t want me to go on our trip to America. After a lot of discussions I finally managed it to leave him after 4 years.
“You’re just crazy… Maybe I won’t need them at all!” I grimaced.
“No no… I think it will be awesome!”
Daneel and I were heading to America for 3 months, to get our heads clear again after the stress of graduating.
We fetched our luggage and checked in and after a brief latency we could finally take our seats for our twelve hour flight to America.
“Welcome on Board of Austrian Airlines, I hope you will enjoy your flight from Vienna, Austria to Oakland, California….” We heard the pilot welcoming us through the speakers.
“I bet I won’t hear anything for a day after the flight…” I worried. Travelling by plane and I hardly ever get friends…. Airplane ears – every time.
Daneel chuckled.
“I am so excited seeing Brittney again!”
“So am I… She sounded a bit nervous on the telephone yesterday”
We both started sleeping after we got up in the air because we had to get up at 2 am to catch the flight.
“Oh my fuckin god… I can’t feel any part of my back…” Dani stretched.
“Which back?” I yawned. “God, I am feeling knocked up!”
We grabbed our hand luggage and got out of the plane.
“Finally we are on terra firma again!” I screamed and put up my hands in the air.
“Come on. Brittney is waiting!”Dani laughed loud.
I met Brittney when she was visiting her relatives in Austria 4 years ago and since that we’ve been good friends. We managed to see each other at least once a year and during the year we were Skyping nearly every day. Most of the time she visited me in Austria, because she was the one earning money already…
We waited for our luggage and went out searching for Britt.
“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEV!!!!!!” I heard a familiar voice screaming, I turned around and saw Brittney waving her hands.
“Oh Britt! So good to see you again!” I hugged her and gave her a kiss on her cheek.
“Daneel! How are you girl?” She hugged her. “You both have to tell me everything what’s going on! I am just sooo curious! How’s Tom?”
“I ah… We broke up about 2 weeks ago.”
“What? You two were such a sweet couple… Why?”
“Ah… long story… We didn’t stand the stress during my graduation; he didn’t want me to go to California and at one weekend he found an adorable blue eyed, full-breasted Barbie he’s now with!” I shortened the story.
“Oh honey… I am so sorry for you…!” Brittney said while going to her car.
“Don’t have to. Daneel told me to cut off and make a new start here!” I grinned.
“Totally!” Dani enclosed.
“So.. Let’s stop talking about him. We three are single – we have to party this fact!” I turned on the music in the car and danced a bit in my seat.
All three of us were never single at the same time, so I was pretty excited about this trip.
“2004 is going to be our year!” Daneel screamed from the backseat. “I am single – finally, Ev is single aaand you are single! This is going to be great!!”
Daneel was going through a tough breakup with her ex these last months and she’s not really over it yet.
“You are still single aren’t you Britt?” I noticed her biting on her lips.
She didn’t answer my question but I saw her smirk.
“Don’t tell that the Sushi-Guy really called you?!” I squawked.
“Yeah… He called me a view days after, I told you, and we were hanging out for a year and since half a year we’ve been together!” She grinned.
“Like together together?” Daneel asked from the backseat. “Why is always Brittney the one who meets the charming Princes?” Dani complained and rolled her eyes.
“We are just not supposed to meet Mr. Right!” I laughed and she gave me a high five.
“Told you. If I haven’t found the right one until 35, I will marry you!” She laughed and I gave her my thumbs up.
Brittney killed the engine as we reached her apartment, I opened the car door and stepped out.
“I am so fuckin tired. You can’t believe it!” I yawned.
“You want to take a nap?” She asked while unlocking the door.
“Definitely” Daneel and I said with one voice.
Britt showed us our rooms and we both immediately took a nap which lasted until the next morning.

I woke up because of the sun tickling my nose.
After stretching, I got up, took a shower and put on some new jeans and a purple T-Shirt.
I opened the door and stepped out on the hallway and went down to Daneels room. I slammed the door open, ran into and jumped on her bed. “Good morning America, how are you?” I screamed.
“What the fuckin…!” Daneel screamed. “Fuck off. You are so damn crazy! Get your ass of my bed and let me sleep!”
“Oh oh oh Mrs Bitchy is awake!” I laughed and got off her bed. “Come on it’s already…” I noticed that I didn’t even know what time it was.
After a quick look on my watch I screamed that it was already 10 am so she had to get up.
“Get your fuckin ass out of the room!” She screamed and threw one of her pillows in my direction.
I went down the stairs heading into the kitchen where Britt already arranged an inviting breakfast.
“Good Morning. Slept well? Want some coffee?” She asked.
“Morning. Yeah pretty good. That would be nice!” I sat down on the chair.
“Daneel’s still sleepy?” She chuckled, sat down and handed me the coffee over.
I took a gulp and nodded. “She wasn’t very pleased about my visit!”
“Yeah I heard her screaming! She sounded like she was going to kill you!” Brittney chuckled.
“So… you owe me the story about your mysterious Sushi-Guy…What was his name again? …. Michael.. s’that right?”
Brittney grinned from ear to ear. “Yeah.. Mike!”
“Don’t keep me on tenterhooks!! What happened?”
“We met at this Sushi-Restaurant in Los Angeles, where I worked and he simply asked for my number. I gave it to him and he really called me a view days later. “
“Yeah yeah yeah.. I’m up to date so far. Go on!”
She told me that they have been friends for a year, they kept telephoning and seeing each other. One day Mike asked her out for dinner and he told her about his feelings and since that evening they are a couple.
“I’m very curious about meeting him! You told me so much!” I grinned. “When will you introduce him to us?”
“Meeting whom?” Daneel yawned as she came into the kitchen.
“Brittney’s Toy Boy!” I laughed and took a bite of my bread roll.
“If you knew!” Britt laughed.
“What?” Dani and I said with one voice.
“He’s a Rock’n’Roll Toy Boy!” Brittney laughed. Daneel sent me a questioning look, I hiked my shoulders.
Brittney stood up to get her another cup of coffee, she didn’t seem like she wants to let the cat out of the sack.
She sat down and looked at us. “You two just got to see your faces.” She laughed. “Like two little children waiting for their birthday presents.”
We both didn’t avert our gazes from Brittney.
‘Why did she make such a mystery out of him?’
“I’m sorry girls but I just like keeping you on tenterhooks and play with your minds!” She laughed.
“I’m with Mike Dirnt!”
“I’m out!” Daneel said unaware whom Brittney meant.
‘Mike Dirnt… Mike Dirnt… From where do I know this name…Mike Dirnt…’ My brain was working hard to figure out whom she meant.
Baaaaaaaam – It finally sunk in. “Naaaaaaaaaaah?” I gazed at Brittney.
“Yeah!” She answered and grinned.
“Naaaaah. Mike…Dirnt… like… really?”
“Yeah!”
Daneel’s eyes only looked back and forth between Britt and me.
“Naaaaah. He’s the Sushi-Guy?”
“Yeah!”
“Naaaaah. I thought the Sushi-Guy looks more like a Business Man not like a Rockstar!” I laughed.
“Hey hey hey STOP IT!” Daneel screamed and showed us the interval signal. “Can anybody please enlighten me about who Mike fuckin Dirnt is?”
Daneel didn’t really listen to a special kind of music genre so she has no idea who we were talking about.
“Mike Dirnt… plays in the best punk rock band I know!”
“Punk ro…?” Daneel wanted to ask but I interrupted her “Please just stop. Don’t tell me that you don’t know what punk rock is!“ I groaned. “Green Day?”
“Aaaaaah….no!”
“Oh my fuckin god… Who are you?” I laughed. “Basket Case?”
“Yeah I know that song!” She said surprisingly.
“Aaah. There is a God!” Brittney and I laughed.

After the breakfast Brittney showed us the neighborhood and went sightseeing to San Francisco. We went to Chinatown, the Lombard Street and made a little Picnic at the Golden Gate Park.
With filled shopping bags we drove back home and lay down on the couch.
“I’m whacked!” I laughed and turned on the TV as Brittney’s Phone rang.
“Your Rockin’ Toy Boy’s calling!” I screamed through her apartment.
She picked up the phone and went outside the living room. “Hey Mike I’ve missed you!....”
We turned on the TV and zapped through the channels until we found something funny.
♠ ♠ ♠
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Each caption of the chapter is a song fitting to it ;) so you may hear it while reading :D

The first one's quit a good old country song: The City of New Orleans - Johnny Cash

☆☆☆

I would love hearing your opinion on each chapter so comments and stuff like that are welcome ;)