Status: Still In Progress

Eye's Like a Car Crash

I've Been Put Down For Way To Long

*Oli's POV*
"Happy birthday! Happy birthday!"
I yelled jumping onto Hanna's bed. She grunted and motioned for me to leave but I refused to.
"Oh come on Han, wake up you have a big day"
"This is why I don't need kids"
"Why is that?"
"I have you and Josh constantly acting like ones"
"Oh but you love us, now come on and get dressed"
I pulled her up and she rolled her eyes but smiled after. I walked out and went to the kitchen, where Josh was making French toast. For someone that claimed not to be able to cook, he made some pretty good French toast. That cinnamon smell filled the flat making my stomach rumble. Josh was humming along to some song he had playing as I walked up behind him. I wrapped my arms around him, breathing in his scent brought comfort to me. With Josh I had no worries. We swayed side to side along with the song as I sucked at the sweet spots on his neck.
"I'd like my French toast with whipped cream, not boy cream"
Hanna said laughing. She took a seat and waited like a little kid for her plate to make its way to the table.
"Anything for princess Hanna" Josh replied sarcastically, bowing to her and handing her the plate.
We all sat and ate the food Josh had prepared. It was good, along with the coffee I made. Today was going to be a great day. We'd finish breakfast, then we'd go out to treat Hanna to a shopping spree, after we're going to lunch and to top it off a late dinner at Hanna's favorite hole in the wall.
The morning flew by along with my and Josh's money. Han deserved it she's an amazing friend that's done so much for me and this is something I didn't mind doing for her. Besides it was the money I stole from Austin, so I didn't care. She got a lot of makeup that I have no idea what she used for. It's better if she shopped for herself because I wouldn't know what the hell to get her. I don't even know what to get Josh for his birthday, only time will tell.
When we finally got out if the mall, the sun was setting. The sky was a mixture of a light pink and blue. It was a beautiful view. Josh's hands intertwined with mine and I pulled him closer to me. It's funny how people will stop at stair at two boys holding hands, as if they've never seen it before. Before the stares Austin and I would get did bother me, but if he taught me one thing while I was with him it was to never be ashamed of what you are and who you love.
We took a cab to the restaurant and got there just in time not to miss our reservation. It was a small place called "Salt Creek Lake" which made no sense because it wasn't near a lake but god was it good. Expensive, but good.
The nice hostess led us to the table at the edge of the place. It had a nice view of the city since it was a bit high up. The lights from all the buildings and houses illuminated the roads and side walks. Josh was sitting next to me, his hand was rubbing my thigh softly. From the corner if my eye I could see the smile he had. It was subtle but I knew what Josh had in mind.
"Josh stop it, not right now"
He took one last squeeze before he moved his hand to the table. Hanna eyed him knowing what he was doing and just giggled.
The waiter came by to take our order for drinks and appetizers. Feeling classy we got the best wine, yet cheapest wine they had. We got some calamari with ranch and marinara sauce. Later on our orders came, the best part about eating here is the fact that they had both vegan and regular choices. We ate in a comfortable silence, only the noise of the low talk and music being played were heard.
We reclined back, waiting for our server to come and take the plates. I told the waiter that it was Hanna's birthday so we'd get some free cake. He asked to see her license to make sure she wasn't lying. She ordered her favorite, triple chocolate cake with a glass of milk to wash it down.
"I'm going to go the bathroom"
I excused my self and headed to the extremely fancy bathroom. I fiddled with the strands of hair that fell into my eyes, while looking into the mirror. I was washing my hands as I felt someone grip my shoulder. I looked up and I froze, closing my eyes and opening them I hoped what I saw wasn't there. That my mind is just fucking with me or maybe I had one to many cups of wine. But it was real, and that same fear from before shot through my body.
Austin was looking at me from the mirror. He smiled and began to rub my shoulders as he stepped closer to me. That smell, the same one from the night he broke my arm. The smell of whiskey and gin flooded the air as he talked.
"I've missed you Oliver"
I couldn't reply, it's as if my mouth ad been sewn shut. The room began to spin and my lungs felt like someone was stepping on them. This can't be happening at least not now. His lips were traveling up and down my neck, his hands controlling me like they did before. As bad as I wanted to scream and kick and run for help I couldn't, this fear it's crippling, it paralyzes you, it makes you someones puppet. I thought I had escaped him for good, but bloody hell was I wrong. There wasn't a moment that I wasn't looking over my shoulder to make sure I was safe. The thought of running into Austin was enough for me to fear leaving home without anyone being with me. These two months with Josh has been a battle for me to be able to open up to him. Every little mistake I made I pleaded for Josh not be mad in fear he'd do what Austin did. I thought I'd escaped Austin, but in reality I can never escape him.
"What, cat got you tongue Oli?"
I was tired of being scared, defenseless, weak. I didn't face my fears by leaving, I was simply running away. Well I'm done with running, I'm done with being someones bitch.
"Alan isn't that good of a fuck like you were, why not leave that new boy you found in the trash and come to me again?"
"His name is Josh you fucking asshole, now let go of me right now"
His hands sunk into my sides, squeezing me tightly.
"I can see you still haven't learned your manners yet"
"You're right" I said as I pushed back and slammed Austin into the stall door. He fell onto the ground, hitting his head on the toilet bowl. I kicked over and over again into his side and his face. My vision was blurred from the tears now falling down. As my foot collided with his rib cage nothing but silence filled my ears. The blood he was spitting out of his mouth stained my shoes. I stepped back slowly, looking at him laying there in his crimson red blood falling to the porcelain floor. My heart was beating at a scarily rapid pace, everything was quiet, nothing seemed to be real. I couldn't catch my breath, my lungs felt as if they were going to shrivel up from lack of air. I just wanted to close my eyes and see this wasn't real, to see that this never happened, that this was just some sick dream.
"My turn"
He flashed a bloody grim as I bolted towards the door, only to be brought down hard onto the floor by his heavy hand.
The people near where I had fallen got up to see if I was okay, only to be pushed way by Austin. He lifted me up by my throat like he would do before. Waiters ran to my aide, but Austin had enough anger coursing in his veins to keep everyone off of him and one hand choking me. I kept closing my eyes in hopes to slip into the darkness, to no avail. I motioned towards the table trying to grab onto something hard or heavy enough to bash on his thick skull. Black spots began to fill the room, two more of the waiters came running while the others tried to calm the customer, someone was calling the police and worst of all Hanna and Josh stood there helplessly, being pulled away by two waiters. Both their eyes were filling with tears, their screams for help were drowned out by those that were trying to pry Austin off of me.
I'm not going to let him win this time.
I stretched as hard as possible to be able to grab the full bottle of wine that was set on the table beside me. I tried over and over again and finally gripped its head. With the little bit of air I had left in me I whispered to him.
"I win"
I smashed the bottle onto his head, the glass shattered and the blood and wind mixed to create the deepest red possible. I fell to the ground, hyperventilating, trying to let what just happened sink in. They lifted him up, pulled him away while another came to me with some ice water. I laid my head onto the glass window and felt someones arms wrap around me.
"I'm here Oli its going to be okay"
My eyes began to tear once again and I gripped onto Josh's shirt just to feel safe.
"I'm so sorry, I'm so fucking sorry I couldn't do anything to help you Oli, I'm so sorry"
He placed a kiss on my head and ruffled my hair. Hanna's voice rang in the background.
"You fucking worthless piece of shit! I'll kill you!"
An officer was pulling her as far away from Austin has possible. He was in cuffs, and another officer came to me with a somber smile. Her and Josh helped me up, and she took me to the medic they brought so they could check me out. I was fine, except for the bruising on my neck already showing. The lights of the police cars were filling the restaurant and all the customers were showing sympathetic smiles. Hanna's arm was wrapped around my shoulder and Josh's hand was rubbing my back as the officers asked questions and for where to reach me if they needed further information.
It was three in the morning, the flat was dead silent and everyone except for me was sound asleep. Josh was cuddled into me with his arm around me in a protective manner. He didn't leave my side all night, even when I took a shower. Which was kinda weird if you ask me. But he loves me so it's okay. The clock on the wall dimly lit the dark room slowly changing numbers. I wasn't getting any sleep tonight. Now that I closed my eyes all I could see were the bloody shards of glass. All these thoughts these feelings of confusion, anger, regret and sadness were all racing in my mind. My brain was louder than ever.
I poked Josh's arm and almost immediately he reacted.
"You okay love?"
"I can't sleep"
"I'll make you some tea to calm you, alright?"
'Thanks"
He smiled and got out of bed. He came back a little bit later with some piping hot tea. Chamomile with one spoon full of honey, just how I liked.
"Be careful, it's hot need anything else?"
"No, just come cuddle with me"
He sat on the bed and rested on the wall, put his arm around me and I snuggled into his side. Josh was awake until I finished half of my cup of tea, after that he was knocked out. I put my cup on the night table and laid down next to him. I placed one last goodnight kiss on his cheek.
"I love you so much Josh"
Now I can finally sleep in peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you I'd update sooner.