Status: Will update, when I can (:

Not Just Fantasy

Chapter 5

It was gone. It disappeared right in front of my eyes. Well, a little blurry, but it had. I went back to open the door to the apartment, still thinking about what I had just witnessed.

“Hello, sweetheart.” A voice said, really familiar, was it?
“Benedict, hi. I didn’t expect you until… well, six?” I said surprised looking at my clock.
“Ah, yes. You and Jenny had your ‘Girls night’ and Tom and I are having our ‘Boys….’ Um… What is it called, Tom?” Benedict turned to Tom, holding his glass of wine.
“I don’t know, evening, afternoon?” Tom said thinking of words.
“Either one, it sounds a little weird.” I replied.
“Can’t boys have their own afternoons?” Benedict asked as if he was offended.
I laughed. “Nah, yes they can, even when they are on their 30’s.”
“Oi!” Both of them said.
“Are you implying something?” Tom asked narrowing his eyes.

I moved my hands as well as I shook my head like saying no, walking my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

“Ok, I think I’ve got to go, you know get ready for later.” Benedict said getting up from the sofa and leaving his, now empty, glass of wine in the sink and giving it a fast wash.
“Yeah, I… um I have to get ready too.” I said looking at him as he walked to the door, me following him.
“See you later, love.” He said placing a kiss on my cheek making me blush slightly.
“Yes, later Benny.” I replied and he left the apartment and I closed the door.

I walked to the kitchen to get the glass I left unfinished.

“So… you and Ben?” Tom said with a slight smirk on his face.
“Me and Ben… what?” I asked. “We are going to the cinema, I think.” I replied. “Is it okay, with you?”
“It’s great, you know? One of my best friends and my cousin.” Tom said.
“We are not a thing, I that’s what you are thinking.” I said.
“You’re not a thing… not yet.” He said as he took a sip of his tea about to leave to his room.
“Hey Tom…” I called.
“Yes, Scarlett?” He turned looking at me. “Is everything alright?” He asked, as I was playing with my hands, I wasn’t sure if to tell him about the thing that I had witnessed earlier of the blue box.
“Hmm… do you remember The Doctor, from my dreams?” I asked him, sitting on the couch drinking some water.
“Well yeah, the time traveler, with the blue box being a time machine.” He said taking the seat in front of mine.
“Yeah, that.” I said biting my bottom lip. “Okay, I think I saw him.” I told him, expecting an overreaction or something related, he probably was now thinking that I was going bonkers and needed to see a psychiatrist.
“What?” He asked furrowing his eyebrows together.
“I think I saw The Doctor, well… sort of. I think I saw the blue box.” I said now looking at him in the eye, so he knew I wasn’t kidding.
“Could you explain it further?” He asked placing his cuppa in the table.
“As a matter of fact, I think I also saw him…” I said remembering John Smith, I knew I had seen him somewhere before but couldn’t recall from where.
But now I remembered that suit, the spiky hair, the converse trainers and the long brown trench coat I saw him wearing when I was leaving the building. It was him.

“Well… yesterday I came here to the apartment and on the way here, I ‘bumped’ into this man, called John Smith. We met at the lift, he yelled for it to be stopped so I stopped it and he hopped in.” I explained. “Then I saw what he was wearing, I’ve seen the way he was dressed like, before but I just couldn’t remember from where or whom. And to not make this longer I led him to the flat he was looking, it was Chris’ because he was looking to rent a flat.”
“And… what happened next?” He asked. “Because there has to be another reason you think it was him.” Tom said.
“As I was leaving the building, the lift wasn’t working, bit weird. I took the stairs and that’s when I heard it. A person was screaming ‘Doctor, Doctor’ and then I just hear a ‘Run’ from someone else, and heard fast footsteps and I finally saw him, John Smith. And I asked him if he was a doctor and he told me that he definitely was, I asked in what, and he said in everything.” I replied to Tom.
“And did you asked Chris about him?” Tom wondered.
“Yup. When I arrived I bumped into him and he told me he was still looking for a flat-mate. And I asked him about John Smith but he told me there was no John Smith that had showed up at his door at any time. And before I entered our flat, I heard a sound, THE sound.” I marked the ‘The’ part to him.
“You mean like, the sound that the Time machine does?” He asked.
“Yes, and I followed it, and it lead me to the window and I saw a box, Tom! I saw it, the blue box!” I said excited but at the same time concerned, I didn’t know if my mind was playing tricks on me or what.

Tom made a face, a weird thinking face. I knew it. He would be sending me to a psychiatrist.

“I’m not saying I don’t believe you. But probably you didn’t get enough sleep because of your girl’s night with Jen.” He said calmly. “You should get some rest before you go out with Benedict tonight. Maybe call him and tell him to change the hour to 7 instead of 6.” Tom said taking his phone out looking at the hour, it was 2 pm.

“Yeah… probably you’re right. Is still really early though. I can get some sleep and be up by 4 and it is going to be alright.” I said getting up from the couch and stretching a bit.
“I have to go to the theater, new play is coming and I’m getting the part. So is like a meeting.” Tom said.
“Really? Congrats! What is the play about?” I asked.
“Coriolanus.” Tom smiled.
“Shakespeare?” I asked and he nodded happily. “Thought so.” I smiled back at him and he left to his room to get his jacket for the London cold. He kissed my cheek as he was leaving.
“Have fun with ‘Benny’” He chuckled.
“Shut up, William.” I exclaimed as he laughed and shut the door and left.

I went to my room and on to my bed to get some sleep, I didn’t even changed clothes I just wanted to sleep. I didn’t even look at the hour it was, or when did my eyes closed but it seemed like just minutes after a loud knock woke me up. And it continued, they were knocking my door. I looked over at the clock and it was 4 already, well it went fast and was good as it lasted.

The knocking continued and I got up, really complaining about it. I opened the door.
“Hello, Scarlett Miller!” The man said with a face full of joy.
“You… you again?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellooooo Stonehenge! wait no. Hello guys! Sorry it took me like 3 weeks to update, I just couldn't seem to get inspired to write the chapter. But guess what? I've got more time in my hands because I'm not currently studying due to some decisions I had to make a few months back. So here I am, and I will try to update more often.

THANK YOU TO ALL THE READERS AND THE ONES THAT SUBSCRIBE. I KEEP DOING THIS FOR YOU FRIENDS, IT'S ALL FOR YOU. I want you to enjoy this story, so comments would be very much appreciated, you can as well give me ideas for the story! (:

thanks again.