In The Name Of

Chapter Fifteen

After the talk Matt and I had I was happy to tell people that I was Matthew Sanders girlfriend, he is an amazing man and he knows how to treat a girl. And that’s pretty hard to find now a days; Adrianne is happy whenever Matt comes over to our house she can’t wait to see him. I’m just happy that prom is only two days away and I could give Matt the best and last dance of his high school years.

“Loren, Matt’s here for you...” My father called to me from the living room. I smiled and grabbed a light jacket and ran quickly down the stairs only to smile up Matt. My dad smiled and kissed my head and patted Matt on the shoulder with a smile. I think my dad likes Matt, I mean I would love it when Adrianne got older she would meet a guy like Matt.

“You ready to go babe?” Matt asked me as he took my hand in his own, I smiled and nodded.

“Sure am, I love you dad I’ll be back before eleven I promise,” I told him as I waved and walked outside into the warm California weather with Matt. He opened his car door and once I got in he closed it, getting in himself he started the car up and we were off to Jimmy’s house just to hang out and chill.

“Are you ready for the dance?” Matt asked me softly.

“You really shouldn’t ask a girl that about a big dance,” I told him with a smile.

He laughed. “Why?”

“There is a lot of preparations for such a big dance,”

“Oh ya I forgot there is hair make up and all that other stuff,” he laughed and parked the car in an empty parking spot. I got out and smiled as I saw Brian’s car, and that meant that Casey was here that made the day even better. So Kat and I won’t be the only girls there with the guys; Matt took my hand and walked up the stairs to Jimmy apartment and walked right in.

“Hey Matty you made it!” Johnny smiled brightly as he tossed Matt a cold beer from the cooler by the chair that he was sitting at. Kat rolled her eyes and walked over to Jimmy and kissed his cheek, it seemed to me that Zacky looked a little bummed out.

“Cheer the hell up Zacky!” Brian told him as he punched his friends arm.

“No! You have a girl...Jimmy has a girl and even Johnny does,” Zacky pouted and took a drink of his JD and coke.

Casey pulled me over to the couch and snuggled close to me and smiled at Zacky. I take her water bottle out from her hands and take a drink, Zacky can be such a baby some days.

“You have a girl god damn it, my baby sister.” Jimmy told him. Zacky took out his phone and looked at his picture of her, it seemed to me that Zacky missed her a lot. “And I can’t believe that your not going to prom,” Jimmy continued.

“Your not going to prom V?” Matt asked as he took a seat next to Kat on the love seat, Zacky didn’t say anything.

“What’s the point of me going to prom if the girl I want to take isn’t here?”

I smiled a soft smile and poked his arm, he loved Jessie I think her name is and it was more then obvious.

“Just go dude, you know that Jessie wouldn’t want you to miss your senior prom,” Brian told his best friend.

“It’s just a stupid dance,” Zacky mumbled softly.

“Just go dude, then when she comes up here for summer break you can show her how much fun you had,” Jimmy told him. I poked Zacky one more time and he looked at with sad eyes, it really made me upset to see him like this.

“Jimmy has a good point Zacky, I’m sure Jessie would love to know that you had fun with or wit out her,” I told him. He rolled his eyes and finished off his JD and coke, Jimmy then walked over and looked Zacky dead in the eye.

“I see you like that Jack,”

“Is it that obvious?” Zacky asked as he reached for the bottle but Jimmy snatched it from his friends grasp.

“Go to the dance my dear Zacky, and I’ll give with the biggest bottle of Jack they have,”

I swear I saw Zacky’s eyes go two shades of green brighter, he looked at Jimmy and nodded slowly.

“Fine, you better have the drink after prom,”

“Ya’ ya’...” Jimmy smiled and tossed the bottle at his band mate. Lets just say this evening was fun, we laughed joked Kat showed us her dress it showed off her cute baby bump perfectly. I have to say I do miss that when I was pregnant that sensation of seeing my baby bump. Even though Casey used the bump as a table to eat popcorn off of, that was a fun night when I was eight months along.

But the day after tomorrow was the big night, the night of my life and Matt’s. It was soon time for me to head home, and Matt took me home like the gentleman he is. He pulled up to my house and turned the car off, he sighed and looked at me and flashed me a gentle smile.

“Thank you for the ride Matt,” I told him softly I then lean in and kiss his lips softly, before I could pull away he kissed me once more. The kiss was filled with love, whenever I kiss him he makes the butterflies flutter in a my stomach.

“Your welcome,” he told me softly.

“I’ll see you on Saturday at seven right?” I asked him as I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. He nodded and kissed me once more, telling me he loved me and to give Adrianne love for him. Once I got out of the car and made it to my front step I saw him nod and pull away, that man is amazing I swear.