In The Name Of

Chapter Twenty

Adrianne had a doctors appointment for a check up, she wasn’t really happy about it but what two year old would want to go to the doctors. Besides the last time that she went to the doctors she got a shot; that really wasn’t the greatest experience for her. I kissed her head and we began to read a book that was on the table next to us when we were half way done Adrianne quickly turned her head and giggled.

“Mama! Look!” she clapped and pointed to the couple walking into the office. I looked up and smiled, seeing Kat and Jimmy walking in hand in hand; it must be the time for Kat to find out the gender of the baby. Kat smiled a bright smile and walked over to where Adrianne and I were sitting she took a seat and smile, resting her hand on her stomach.

“What are you doing here?” Kat asked as she poked Adrianne’s small nose, Adrianne wiggled out of my arms and ran over to Jimmy who was holding on to a clip board. He smiled and looked over to where Kat and I were waved her took a hold of Adrianne’s small hand and walked over to where we were sitting taking a seat next to Kat he kissed her cheek.

“Adrianne has a check up,” I told her with a smile as I saw Adrianne’s small hand on Kat’s bump.

Jimmy smiled at Adrianne and kissed her cheek then the doctor called us up, I swear I saw Jimmy out when he looked at Adrianne’s face.

“Come on baby girl lets go see the doctor,” I told her as I took her in my arms kissing her cheek softly. Adrianne pouted and waved at Jimmy in a sad manner.

“Buh bye…Immy….” she pouted. I kissed her cheek once more and followed the nurse into the room, she had a bright smile on her face and handed Adrianne a toy from the self.

“The doctor will be with you shortly,” The nurse smiled and walked out. I nodded and watched as Adrianne started to play with the toy in a lazy manner.

“I want daddy,” she pouted softly.

“We can go see Matt after we’re done here okay sweet heart?” I told her as I brushed her hair out of her face. A bright smile appeared on my daughters face and then she clapped; then the doctor walked in Doctor Markland he was the same man who helped me give birth to Adrianne.

“good afternoon little Adrianne, how are you?” He asked as she walked over to the counter and smiled a warm smile. His smile was almost like my fathers, but he was a lot older then my father Adrianne dropped her toy on the ground and looked up at him.

“Mama…” she whispered softly. I smiled and stood up walking over to her I rubbed her back and kissed her head.

“Say hi Adrianne…” I told her softly. She waved and rested her head against my shoulder; Doctor Markland began the check up. He let her listen to his heart , her heart, and even mine. I’ve never seen Adrianne in such a good mood to see a doctor in a long time. After to appointment he gave Adrianne a sticker and a lollipop; she walked out hand in hand with me and waved good bye and then ran over to Jimmy jumping into his arms.

I walked over to Jimmy and smiled, but I didn’t see a smile on his face it almost looked like he found out some bad news.

“What’s the matter? Is everything okay with the baby?” I asked him.

“No there is something wrong with the gender,” He pouted.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion and worry. “What’s the matter?”

“It’s a boy,” he mumbled.

I laughed and smiled as Kat walked out holding a small bag of things the doctor gave her also tugging her shirt down slightly.

“He is in a crappy mood now, because the gender of the baby is a boy and he wanted a girl,” Kat told me and stuck her tongue out at Jimmy. Jimmy pouted and snuggled close to Adrianne which only made her smile even brighter.

“Well guess what? You can’t change the gender so tough it out big guy your going to be a daddy of a little boy,” I smiled and took Adrianne from his arms.

“She’s right now lets go, we’re going to meet the rest of the gang at the park,” Kat told him as she took a hold of his hand. He sighed and walked out with Adrianne and I, Adrianne knew who we were going to see and that just made her giggle and jump up and down. Once we arrived I was greeted by a pair of strong arms around my small waist and a soft kiss or two on my neck.

“Hey baby,” Matt whispered softly I turned in his arms and kissed him softly, but that was shortly interrupted by Adrianne tugging on Matt’s pant leg.

“Hi daddy!” she smiled and waved.

“Hey my little Adrianne,” he smiled and took her in his arms kissing her all over her face. She laughed and I ran over to Casey jumping on her back I kissed her cheek loudly waving at Brian.

“Hey sexy how are you?” I asked her.

“Pregnant,” Casey told me softly.

“Oh…my god…are you serious?”

Casey nodded and sighed looking over at Brian with a smile on her face. “He knows already,”

“Well thank god I didn’t want to be the one to tell him,” I laughed and smiled as Brian walked over and kissed Casey softly.

“Lets party!” She clapped. It was the guys last actual party in high school after this they were off to the real world with more rules then they could imagine poor guys.