In The Name Of

Chapter Twenty- One

Casey nodded and sighed looking over at Brian with a smile on her face. “He knows already,”

“Well thank god I didn’t want to be the one to tell him,” I laughed and smiled as Brian walked over and kissed Casey softly.

“Lets party ” She clapped. It was the guys last actual party in high school after this they were off to the real world with more rules then they could imagine poor guys.

The next morning Adrianne and I woke up to the smell of my father cooking breakfast, Adrianne fell asleep in my bed last night we were watching a movie together. I walked slowly down the stairs with Adrianne resting her head on my shoulder; she rubbed her eyes and waved slightly at my father. He smiled and set both of our food down and walked over kissing his sleepy grand baby on the head.

“Good morning,” he smiled and her and kissed my cheek. I set her down in the booster seat and took my seat as well, I smiled a soft smile as I saw the breakfast my father made. It was eggs bacon and golden hash brown; he knew exactly what I loved for my morning meal. I began to eat seeing that my father wasn’t eating really didn’t surprise me but at the same time it kind of did. Then I saw his hand wonder to the tattoo on his wrist; then my heart stopped in my chest I was to busy with finally having a boy friend that I forgot what today was.

“Dad...do you want me to stay home?” I asked him softly. With a shake of his head he looked up at me.

“I’m letting go of her...” He told me softly. Today was the same day that my mother had passed, it was a very painful time for my father. Along those lines a day after my mother passed my older brother went and killed himself, he blamed her death on him. My father and I just came home, he just picked me up from my grandmother’s house. I can remember the scene like it was yesterday; I ran upstairs to drop off my back pack and show Joey the new china doll that she bought me. I burst into his room and with a sing-along voice and called out to him. ‘Joey Look at the new doll mammy gave me ’ and with that said I looked over to the dark wooden desk were he normally would be listening to his music playing on his laptop. was, his wrists were slit in multiple directions my father pushed me back and looked at his eldest son.

His eyes went wide as he looked upon his boy, pale and surrounded by his own blood. Of course I was little and I didn’t understand what was going on, I mean I understood the concept of death but I never saw it with my own eyes. My mother died in the hospital bed; I was with my grandparents but Joey and my father were by her side.

“Loren...” My fathers voice snapped me out of the memories. “Get going sweet heart, go celebrate Matt’s big day alright?”

“I don’t...” I was stopped by his hand held up.

“I’m not arguing semantics with you, go and take Adrianne and have a good time alright? I will be alright I promise when you come back we will go to her grave....and your brothers too,” He told me.

To be honest I didn’t know if I could fully enjoy the happiness of this day, but I would try my best to make the day great for Matt. Then there came a knock on the door, Adrianne giggled and ran to the door and squealed with happiness.
“Kitty ” she clapped and ran in to the kitchen pulling Kat along with her. “Mama, Kitty here” she giggled. I laughed and looked at Kat, she was getting pretty big I can’t wait to see what the baby will look like I hope the baby will have the best of both parents. Even though the baby is a boy I know jimmy will love the little boy just the same.

“Are you ready to go Loren? I’m sorry I was a little late baby pain...” Kat told me with a smile as we both walked out of the house. I knew exactly what she was going through, but it was all worth it in the end.

“It will all be worth it in the end, soon you will be holding a beautiful baby boy.” I told her with a smile. She laughed and we got in the car, we made it to the graduation right before it was time to start. Family and friends of the graduating seniors were sitting and chatting amongst one another, I walked to the seat that Jessie and Casey saved for us with a smile Adrianne took a seat on Casey’s lap wrapping her arms around her tummy she patted her hand.

“Daddy?” She looked around.

“Not yet,” I told her with a smile as I poked her nose. She giggled and watched what was going on the stage, a half an hour had passed and finally our favorite people got the diploma’s. I looked over and smiled as I saw Matt grab his diploma; Adrianne screamed and clapped her hands. She then called out to him.

“DAH- DEE ” She screamed. I laughed and then it was time to finally see them; Kat made her way over to Jimmy capturing his lips in a kiss. Jessie did the same with Zacky she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him once more; she touched his face and smiled.

“Your graduated ” She giggled.

Zacky smiled and kissed her, Matt walked over to where we were and wrapped his strong arms around my waist from behind. Adrianne was in Jimmy’s arms I don’t really think she knew that Matt was here; it really didn’t bother me. I smiled and turned in his arms and kissed him taking his cap off oh head and placed it on my own. He smiled and poked my nose and kissed me with a gentle smile; he kissed my neck and looked at Brian and Casey.

“They are a cute couple,” He told me with a smile. I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder, he kissed my head and whispered ‘I love you’ Matt was such a sweet guy some times he’s sweeter then candy. Corny yes I know but hey I’m his girl friend so I guess I am in titled to say corny things about him. He smiled and looked around seeing everyone with a smile on their faces and he then pulled me away from everyone.

“Loren, I want to give you something...” Matt told me softly. I looked at him and kissed him softly; he laced his fingers with mine and smiled down at me.

“What do you want to give me?” I asked him.

“This...” Matt told me with a soft smile, he stuck his hand in his pants pocket and pulled out a small black velvet box. My eyes went wide as I looked from the box to him every few seconds; what was Matt doing? Was he proposing?

“Matt...I” he hushed me.

“This is a promise ring, Loren I promise when you graduate high school that I will take care of you and Adrianne...” He told me softly. He opened the box and there was a silver ring with a princess cut diamond; my eyes watered slightly and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Finally, Adrianne will finally have a father that she truly deserves thank you Matt.

“Do I take that as a yes?” he smiled.

I just nodded and snuggled into the crook of his neck, he laughed and kissed my head softly.