In The Name Of

Chapter Twenty- Four

How could he do this...and what I really mean is how could he not tell me that him and his band were leaving. He promised me that when something big came up that he would tell me, I don't understand how or even why he kept something like from me. Matt looked into my eyes, and I really hope that he could see how upset I am.

“Loren hear me out alright,” Matt sighed. I held my hand up to his face and sighed running my free hand through my hair.

“No Matt...” I sighed.

“Babe please...just listen to me,” Matt asked. I sighed and looked at my watch I had to get away from him before I started to cry.

“Hey Casey...can you please take me home...” I asked her. Casey looked up at Brian and then looked at me, she nodded and kissed Brian's cheek softly.

“Ya, Brian I'll be back in a few...” She told him with another kiss to the cheek. “Loren do we have to pick Adrianne up?” She asked me. I grabbed my bag and walked out of Matt's grasp.

“Ya'...even though that's going to crush Nick's heart,” I sighed and then Casey and I walked back to the cars, Casey spun the keys around on her finger and sighed.

“I'm sorry Lor...” She sighed.

“Don't be. I'm not mad at you I'm mad at Matt...” I sighed.

Casey sighed and then started off back to my place, she kept telling me that Matt was meaning on telling me; or that it he meant to tell me sooner. I just sighed and kind of ignored her all I wanted was to have Adrianne in my arms, great how was I going to tell Adrianne about all of this? She loves Matt so much, she even calls him Daddy...great this makes me out to be the bad guy in my own daughters eyes. Soon Casey pulled up at Emma's house, seeing Nick and Adrianne playing the front yard with Tom made my heart hurt a little bit.

Once I got out of the car Nick and Adrianne stopped playing with Tom right then and there; running over to me as their little legs could go and the two of them attached themselves to my legs. Nick looked up at me with his bright eyes just like Tom's and Adrianne smiled and nuzzled her face on my leg just like she always did.

“Hey Lor, you back sooner then we thought you would be,” Emma smiled as she walked out holding two juice boxes. I smiled and scooped Adrianne into my arms kissing her cheek softly.

“Ya...sooner then I thought too,” I admitted. Tom looked at me taking the juice box he handed one to Nick and then handed one to Adrianne.

“You seem down,” Tom stated.

Tom has been a good friend of mine for years, and he just like Casey could always tell when something wasn't right with me.

“I just had a little problem with Matt that's all,” I spoke softly. “I don't want to talk about when Rae is here,” I told them. Emma looked at Casey who just sighed and nodded.

“Not something for little ears to hear lets just say that,” Casey sighed. Emma looked at Tom and then at little Adrianne drinking happily away on her juice box.

“But I just here to get Adrianne,” I sighed.
“But mama...I don't wanna go,” Adrianne pouted.

Once again I've been made out to be the bad guy, I sighed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and shock my head.

“No baby girl, we have to go home papa wants there,” I told her. LIE. She just looked at Nick and Tom and pouted.

“Please mama...” she asked me once again. I just shock my head and walked over to Tom. “Give uncle Tom a hug,” I told her softly, she looked at me and then looked at Tom hugging him gently she sniffled.

“Buh...bye Tom...” He kissed her head and ruffled her hair.

“Be good little girl,” He told her. Then I walked over to where Emma stood holding on to little Nick's hand. “Can you give auntie Emma a hug?” I asked. Adrianne just nodded and hugged Emma kissing her cheek like Emma always does to her.

“Have fun little one, be good for your mommy,” she told Adrianne sweetly. Adrianne sniffled and waved good bye to Nick and then I kissed Emma's cheek. “Call me so we can talk all right?”

I smiled and nodded. “I promise, oh is your brother coming back?” I asked as I walked over to the car.

Emma smiled and tom sighed loudly. “Yes sadly,” He said. I smiled and placed Adrianne who was now crying her little eyes out in her car seat.

Jake is Emma's little brother and Casey said that he might be coming back to stay this time. I think that means he will be staying with Emma and Tom; it seems to me like that Tom really isn't happy about the whole thing.

“He should be here no later then Monday,” Emma smiled and took Nick in her arms.

“That's great, we all should get together sometime catch up,” I smiled as I got in the car. Emma just nodded and did the sign for 'call me'. Once Casey got in and buckled up we were on our way home, I can't stand to hear Adrianne cry.

“I wanna play...” she cried softly.

“I know you wanna play when we get home we can play sweetie...” I told her.

“I want daddy...” she cried.

Oh Adrianne...if only you knew what was going on. I don't know how to explain this to a two year old she is so upset and when ever she is upset she always wants Matt. Great, because of this fight Adrianne can't have the one thing that makes her happy..and made me happy too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor little Adrianne...