In The Name Of

Chapter Four

Matt never did find that girl he was looking for, because of the fact that he was to busy with his band. They were playing a lunch show, girls all around them screaming as they sang their music. Casey and I were outside sitting on the picnic table looking in at them, they did have talent I have to give them that. But then the principle came and ruined all the fun, making Matt and his friends stop the lunch show ,they were each taken to principles office.

The school day went by fast and Casey and I decided that it was nice enough to walk home, we were sharing her Ipod head phones like normal and she was dancing like a freak down the side walk. She is such a wierdo but I love her, we turned down the street and smiled as we saw Emma, sitting on her lawn with little Nicholas he was the cutest boy you have ever seen. He has bright blue eyes and bright blonde hair; Casey and I say he is the perfect kidnapping baby.

“oren!” Nick screamed as he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him into my open arms. Scooping him up I attack his face with kisses and smile as I see Emma stand up. Emma, Casey, and I have been friends since middle school we are always there for one another. A smile formed on Emma's face and she kissed both mine and Casey's cheeks, we took a seat on the front lawn and I was playing with Nick. Then I see a group of three girls that were walking down the street, one stopped and was watching me playing with Nick with a smirk coming across her face.

I didn't really pay much attention, I was too busy playing with the little boy in my arms. Emma walked bock out from her house and had three glasses of lemonade. I took one and then looked around her neighborhood and saw Matt and his friend walking down the opposite of the street. Matt then crossed the street making his way over to us. He rose his eyebrow at the sight of me and Casey, I guess he lives around here.

“What are you doing here Loren? Do you live around here?” he asked me as Brian and the others came over to him. Nick scooted closer to me looking up at Jimmy whimpering, I kind of think that hurt his feelings, poor Jimmy you can't really blame him I mean to a three year old he is pretty scary.

“Just visiting a friend.” I told him with a smile and I notice out of the corner of my eye I see Casey's cheek fill with hot red blush. “What are you doing here?” I asked him as Emma takes Nick out of my arms and I stand up looking up to him, his eyes were amazing.

“Just heading home...we're going to have band practice then we might just chill. But I do have a question for you and I think Brian has one too, but for your friend who looks like she has a sunburn on her face.” He smiled. I looked over my shoulder and see that Matt was right when Casey blushed this heavy it did look like a sun burn.

“Well what's your question?” I asked as I tucked a strand of my red hair behind my ear, to tell you the truth I was a little nervous on what he was going to ask me. Brian was over with Casey, and I bet you anything that she was the happiest girl on the face of the planet. Matt looked down at the ground and then back at me he was nervous and I could tell, so all in all him being nervous made me even more nervous.

“You know that prom is coming up...” he told me.

Oh god! Is he asking me to prom? Talk about rebound much, he just broke up with his girlfriend and he is already looking for another girl? I swallow and stuck my hands in my pants pockets and look up at him once more.

“I can understand if you don't want to go with me. I mean that is perfectly understand able... but we'll have a great time.” He told me as he scratched the back of his head. It was kind of cute the way that he was acting so nervous, he was all covered in tattoos he had his ears gaged and and even his lip pierced and he was nervous about asking a girl out on a date.

A smile forms on my face and I laugh slightly, he looked up at me and rose an eye brow.

“I'll go with you Matt...” I told him softly, and then I couldn't believe what I just said. I just told Matthew Sanders that I, Loren Taylor would go with him to prom with him. I'm a junior and I'm not that popular with other groups of people...but now I am going to prom with one of the most wanted seniors in my school.

Matt smiled brightly at me and nodded, his smile was bright and Zacky was holding Nick for some reason, but I think it's because Nick likes his nose ring. Once Matt and I said our good byes he called Brian to follow him, Brian waved at Casey and I and Emma took back Nick who waved at Zacky as he left. I walked over to Casey who had a look of shock on her face.

“You will not just believe what Matt asked me...” I told her as I ran my fingers through my hair. Casey looked at me her eyes went wide.

“Matt asked you to prom?...Small world Brian just asked me...” Casey said a little dumbfounded.