Status: Finished 10/28/13.

Salvation

This Amazing Feeling

Four months have passed and things have gotten better than they ever have. Matt couldn't be a better friend and I love him to death. I still haven't invited him to the studio I teach...well, until a few days ago. The boys have the day off and I invited him up here for the entire day. I'm so excited for him to see me dance my heart out. I have a few classes today on Saturday from 9-1, so he's gonna meet me here.

"Ready?" I asked, walking up the steps to where I teach.

I was beyond giddy. I haven't been this way since my disastrous relationship with my ex Tom.

"Of course. You've obviously seen me play hockey. I'm beyond ready for this."

I giggled and dashed up the rest of the steps. Matt laughed as he usually does. Once I changed, I came out and spun around.

"How do I look?"

"Beautiful."

I blushed and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you. You're so sweet."

He blushed himself this time.

"Don't mention it."

For about ten to fifteen minutes, I stretched before my first batch of dancers came in. I didn't tell them that anyone would be there other than me, so I'm looking forward to their reactions. Most of my girls are Pens fans.

"I didn't tell them there was gonna be a guest." I said just as the door opened.

"Are you serious?"

"Yep. Be prepared for some excited girls today."

He nodded. He already knew about most of my girls being Pens fans. When the majority of my girls came in, I greeted them.

"Good morning, girls."

"Good morning, Ms. Saunders."

The second everybody was in place, I introduced Matt.

"As you can see, I brought a friend and a Penguin in today. Say hi, Matty."

"Hi girls." he said with a wave and a smile.

He was adorable.

"Hi!!"

The excitement in their voices was undeniable. Today was gonna be a good one.

"How is everybody this morning? Good?"

"Great!"

"How are you Matt?"

"I'm great too. I'm glad to be here."

"I bet you are! You're my favorite!" my six year old dancer, Daisy said.

Everyone laughed. She might be the biggest Pens fan I know, not just in my class.

"Who's your favorite, Ms. Saunders?"

"Matt, of course...besides Neal, that is."

I said smiling at him. He smiled right back at me, causing me to blush.

"Is everyone ready for class?"

"Yes, Ms. Saunders."

"Alright then. Let's start with our stretches, shall we?"

And with that, class began. I had my girls on their best behavior which was great. Every now and then, I caught Matty looking at me through the mirrors behind them. I held in my composure and the fact that I was developing feelings for my best friend. I wondered too if he had feelings for me; I could only hope. At the end of my first class, I had a half hour before the next class.

"How was class?" I asked sitting down to take a drink of water.

"Amazing. Those girls are really talented, almost as talented as you."

I honestly hadn't shown him all that I can do, but with him just saying that, it gave me just a great feeling.

"You haven't seen the extent of what I can do. You'll see that after all my classes are over."

"You will?"

"I will. I wouldn't bring you just so you can see me teach, you know?"

"Ok. You got a point."

By the time one hit, I was tired but ready to show him all of my talents.

"You ready? You gotta prepare yourself for all this."

"I'm ready."

I stretched again and took a breath before I began. I know more than ballet moves; I studied all styles of dance since I was in junior high. He looked at me with wonder for ten minutes before I pleaed. He applauded and I ran to hug him.

"You weren't lying when you said I had to prepare myself."

"Told ya."

He laughed and let me go.

"Do you know any other styles of dance?"

"Like what?"

"Like maybe slow dancing? The Waltz?"

I smiled and looked down. Why would he wanna know that?

"Yeah. Why?"

"Brooks' wedding, Jordan's wedding, Marc's wedding."

I totally forgot about all of them getting married during the summer.

"I can teach you if you'd like."

"I'd like that. Thank you."

"It's my pleasure. Aren't you glad you have me? You don't have to spend money for lessons."

He laughed and nodded.

"Follow me to the middle of the floor."

When I took hold of his hands, I could've sworn a shock went right through me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing. Trust me."

We went through a traditional Waltz and I even let him spin and dip me. Coming up, I felt his lips on mine and I gave into the spell he had on me.

"I was hoping you were gonna kiss me back. I wasn't even entirely sure on doing that."

"I'm glad you did. That was so romantic. I'm gonna kiss you now."

I got on my tiptoes and kissed him as he held me closer to him.

"I love you." he said.

He loves me.

"I love you, too."

This is crazy, but I live for crazy.

"How is this even possible?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's just one of those things you can't explain. I guess."

I smiled and buried my head into his chest.

"Can we sit? I'm tired."

"Of course."

We sat down and I laid my head onto his shoulder with an arm around my waist.

"What do you wanna do now?" he asked.

"Can we get food and chill on the couch and watch movies at your place?"

"We can do that."

"Yay!"

He laughed and kissed my cheek. I have a boyfriend again. The next day, I gave my brother the good news at lunch.

"How are you?" he asked hugging me.

"Fantastic! You?"

"Great. What's up? What's the good news?"

"Let us sit down first."

We sat down in a booth at Applebee's.

"So, what is it?"

"Colton!" I said laughing.

"What?"

"You can wait just a little while longer."

"You said once we sat down."

I rolled my eyes.

"After we order our food. I promise."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

Not a second after we ordered, he asked again.

"I have a boyfriend." I said in a sing-song voice.

"Matt?"

"How'd you guess?"

"Do you see the way he looks at you? He adores you."

"I saw that yesterday when I invited him to my classes yesterday. I caught him looking at me every now and then through the mirrors."

"I told ya."

"He wanted me to teach him how to slow dance and do the Waltz. When I let him spin and dip me, he kissed me on the way up. He loves me." I said smiling and blushing.

"Well, of course he does. Do you love him?"

"Yeah. 100%. It's crazy. Isn't it?"

"Don't you remember how fast Mom and Dad fell in love?"

I shook my head.

"Four months and they were married six months later."

"You already see that with Matt and I?" I said in disbelief.

"Absolutely."

"That is crazy."

"But you live for crazy."

He knew me too well.

"That I do. That I do."

And God only knows how crazy this relationship is gonna turn out.