Big Changes

018:

Chapter Eighteen
Pascal told me that Mckayla was rapped at school and it was that boy that we met, Wes, he was the one who did it. The police were called and were looking for him, Mckayla’s parents were called and would be here tomorrow afternoon. When I asked why call me, Pascal said that other than himself, I was the only other one really close to her.

I walked up the stairs towards the guest bedroom, I sighed as I knocked on the door and waited for a response. When I didn’t get one, I knocked again, “Kay, it’s Sid, can I come in?” I tried to jiggle the doorknob, but it was locked, “Kay, please.”

I heard the door unlock and I opened the door and stepped in, the lights were off and Kay was sitting on the windowsill looking out the window. The moon light was hitting her and making it look like she was glowing. She looked at me and then looked down, I saw a glimpse of the bruise on her neck and was angry and had the urge to kill the person that hurt her.

“Stop looking at it, Sid,” she said and then stood up and walked over towards the bed.

“Kay,” I walked over towards her and just as she was about to get into bed, I pulled her into a hug and didn’t want to let her go, “I’m here for you.”

“Sid,” she breathed and I felt her arms around me waist, “Thank you.”

-Mckayla-
I didn’t want to be alone tonight, I didn’t want to be alone ever again. Sidney stayed with me that night, just held me all night long and didn’t let me go as I snuggled and cried into his chest. He was there to comfort me and I was feeling a little bit better every second.

By morning, I was forced to wake up, by the sun shining into the room. I groaned a little and sat up, feeling someone’s arm on my waist and turned to see a sleeping Sidney, I gave a little smirk towards him because he looked a little peaceful when he slept. There was a piece of hair in his face, I pushed it to the side and gasped when he grabbed my hand and woke up.

“You’re awake,” he said and I gave a little nod of my head, “You all right?”

“I’ll be fine, it’ll take time,” I said and Sidney nodded his head and then kissed my hand.

“I hope the police find this guy before the team and I,” Sidney said and I looked at him confused.

“Why?”

“We’ll kill him,” Sidney said and I looked towards the bed and nodded my head.

“Do they know?” I asked and looked at Sidney, “The team I mean.”

“No, not yet-“

“Please don’t, Sid, don’t tell them-“

“Kay, if I don’t, you know Duper will. And even if we both don’t, they’re going to know that something is up.”

“How?”

“For one, some of them already do. You usually talk to Tanger and Gronk every day and they haven’t heard from you in over a week. Second, both Duper and I are beyond pissed, they’re going to see that,” Sidney explained and I sighed and nodded my head.

“They need to be on the lookout for this guy too-“

“Just let the police handle it, Sid,” I said and Sidney sighed, “Please, I don’t want anything to happen to you guys, just- just, don’t.”

“Kay-“ I cut him off by hugging him.

“Please don’t tell them, or at least, don’t go after him,” I said and Sidney sighed.

“Fine, we won’t go after him, but if we see him, he’s ours,” Sidney said and I looked at him and nodded my head.

“Don’t get in trouble because of me Sid, not because of my mistake,” I said and Sidney pulled me away and looked at me.

“What mistake? Mckayla, this isn’t your fault!”

“I led him on, he liked me and I didn’t feel the same-“

“This isn’t your fault!” Sidney said and then hugged me and kissed my head, “None of this is your fault.”

“I don’t know if I can stay in Pittsburgh knowing that he’s here,” I said and Sidney sighed, “It’s a month and a half into the school year and I’m basically failing all of my classes.”

“Just for missing a week?” Sidney asked and I sighed and nodded my head.

“Tests, homework, quizzes, papers,” I said and Sidney sighed.

“Is there any way to talk to your teachers and see if they can help you out and let you take them?” Sidney asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I can try.”

“If not, then drop your classes and try again next semester. Kay, you’re a smart girl who had something traumatic happen to her, your parents will understand!”

“Thanks Sid,” I said and Sidney nodded his head and then heard his phone going off.

“I’ll be right back,” he said and I nodded my head and watched as he grabbed his phone and walked out the door.

‘…I like Pittsburgh, but I can’t stay here, I can’t stay here knowing that he’s here…’ I thought as I grabbed my laptop and pulled up the internet, and looked up the top ten schools that were known for their Public Relation majors. Surprisingly Pittsburgh wasn’t on the list, I found the University of Michigan, not wanting to go to New York or Boston, to be the school that I was interested in, ‘…Spring semester, here I come…’

-Sidney-
I was downstairs with Pascal, he looked frustrated and I was confused, “Kay’s parents want to bring her back to Florida, they want her to go home.”

“Are they on their way?”

“I got off the phone with my brother, they’re stuck in Philly right now,” Pascal said and I nodded my head, “But, I don’t know what to do.”

“She’s not your daughter, and she was already talking to me about leaving Pittsburgh because she’s scared,” I said and Pascal sighed and rubbed his face.

“I know I can’t be there twenty-four seven to watch her, but-“

“Duper, you can’t force someone to stay if they’re too scared to stay,” I said, and then looked down, feeling like I didn’t really want to say that, “I don’t want her to go, believe me, but she needs to do, what she thinks is right. Give her some time and she’ll be back in the spring.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” he said and I nodded my head and got a text from Coach saying that he wanted to talk to me about line ups.

“I got to go, I’ll come back later,” I said and Pascal nodded his head and watched as I walked out of the house.

-Mckayla-
My parents were happy to hear that I wanted to leave Pittsburgh, although, they weren’t really happy to hear that I wanted to go to a different school that was further than the last one. None the less, they agreed and my dad got moving to try and get me in for the Spring semester at University of Michigan.

I said goodbye to Mary, Melanie and Lori, I was going to miss them, and they understood why I needed to leave. Three days had passed since my Uncle found out and they still hadn’t caught Wes. Saying that I was scared would be a lie, I was terrified that he was going to find me and hurt me again.

I was leaving to head back to Florida tomorrow and I wanted to go to the rink today to say goodbye to everyone. They knew what happened, I knew that Sidney and Uncle P would tell them, but this is the first time that they would see me.

I walked through the doors after knowing that they were all dressed after showering from practice, I leaned against the door, they still hadn’t noticed that I was there. Marc was the first one to notice me, he ran over towards me and pulled me into a hug, this getting everyone’s attention.

“Kay!”

“Mckayla!”

They guys ran over and hugged me tight, ‘I’m sorry’s and ‘I’ll kill him’s were heard and I gave a small smile on how many people were here for me.

“Coming to say goodbye?” Uncle P asked and I frowned and nodded my head.

“Wait?! Goodbye?!” Jordan asked and I looked at him and nodded my head.

“I’m heading back to Florida.”

“They still didn’t catch the creep?” Max asked and I shook my head, “You do what you need to do, belle, we’ll be here to back you.”

“Thanks Max,” I smiled and then hugged him again, “I’m really going to miss you guys.”

I walked over towards Sidney, he stood in the back of the group and just looked at me, I could see sadness in his eyes, there was a pain in my because of that sadness.

“So, you’re really leaving?” Sidney asked and I sighed and nodded my head, “Good luck, where are you going?”

“Michigan,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head, “Let me know when you’re playing the Red Wings.”

“You know it,” he gave a little smirk, but I knew it was forced.

“Good luck in the season, Sid,” I said and he nodded his head. I sighed and wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight, ‘…I don’t want to leave, I don’t want to leave you…’

“I wish you the best, Kay,” Sidney said against my head and I smiled into his chest.

“Thanks for everything, Sidney,” I said as I kissed his cheek, waved goodbye to everyone, hugged my Uncle one last time and then left.

My parents were waiting for me in the parking lot in a rental car because we were going to be driving back to Florida.

“You ready?” my dad asked and I sighed and nodded my head, “I’m sorry honey, I know you don’t want to really leave.”

“Thanks daddy,” I said and then sighed and looked back towards the arena one last time, ‘…I really don’t…’