Big Changes

027:

Chapter Twenty Seven
-Mckayla-
“I don’t like him!” Danny growled and I looked up at him confused.

“What?”

“Crosby, I don’t like him,” Danny said as he walked into the bedroom when I was packing my clothes because we left to go back to Michigan tomorrow.

“Why? What happened?”

“That guy is too into you, he just gives me this vibe,” Danny said and I walked over towards him and placed my hands on his chest.

“What did he say?” I asked and Danny glared down at me, the look wasn’t meant for me, he was just angry.

“He said that I wasn’t good enough for you,” Danny said and I sighed and shook my head.

“Dammit Sid,” I growled.

“Look,” Danny said and I looked at him, “I’m not going to say to stay away from him because he’s your friend and I have no right to tell that to anyone,” he said and I smiled and looked at him, “Just watch yourself around him.”

“Danny,” I said and then cupped his face and pressed my lips against his, “If anything, I don’t deserve you.”

“But you have me,” he said and smirked, “And you’re stuck with me.”

“And I’m completely all right with that,” I smiled and then laughed when he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tight.

-Sidney-
“I don’t like him!” I growled as I walked over towards Jordan, Kris and Max, finding them sitting on the back porch drinking.

“You met the boyfriend?” Kris asked and I glared at the ground and nodded my head.

“Mon ami, I thought you said you were going to try!”

“I did! I tried, I don’t like him,” I said and Jordan sighed.

“Why? What happened?” Max said and I growled.

“He’s too- He’s- He’s fuckin’ like perfect!” I growled and the guys laughed.

“Well I actually like him,” Jordan said and I shoved his shoulder, “What? I’m sorry, but we all talked to him, he honestly looks like he likes Mckayla.”

“Dude, I think you’re gunna be just a memory, the guy is gunna steal your girl,” Tyler said as he walked over and then sat in-between Max and Kris and ended up getting smacked upon the head.

“Shut up, dude.”

“SIDNEY!!!” I heard and flinched.

“Uh oh,” Max said and looked towards the house.

“Was that Mckayla?” Tyler asked and Kris nodded his head.

“I’m guessing Prince Charming told her about our conversation,” I said and the guys sighed.

“Man, you keep up that attitude and she’s gunna hate you,” Max said and I shrugged my shoulder.

“I can’t pretend to like him.”

“SIDNEY PATRICK CROSBY!!!”

“Yup, and that’s our hint to run,” Jordan said as he and the others stood up and darted for the door. I turned and watched as the four of them made it to the door, opened it and saw an angry Mckayla, “Oh, hey Kay, what’s- Ow, ow, ow, ow!”

Mckayla had Jordan by the ear and was pulling him over towards where I was sitting. She had pushed the others over too and told us all to sit.

“What’s up, Kay?” Max asked and she glared at him.

“Look, I don’t know what’s going on, but Danny is a good person and I like him and he likes me, so get that through your heads-“

“Hey, that is in my head, I have no issues with the giant!” Tyler said and Mckayla growled towards him.

“TK, really, you need to learn to shut up sometimes,” Kris said and I sighed.

“What’s going on out here?” Marc asked as he walked outside, “Vero heard yelling.”

“Flower, sit!” Mckayla barked and Marc looked surprised but walked over and sat down, “What is wrong with Danny?”

“Nothing,” Marc said and Mckayla sighed.

“Well obviously one of you have a problem with him,” Makayla growled and glared at me.

“Well it’s not us, so can we go?” Jordan asked and Mckayla sighed and nodded her head.

Those boys never moved so fast off the ice before, ‘…Thanks for the support guys…’

“Sid, why?” Mckayla asked as she pulled one of the chairs over and sat in front of me, “Why would you say that to Danny?”

“Kay, I’m sorry, but I can’t pretend that I like him.”

“You don’t have to- I never said to like him, I said to meet him!” she said and I sighed because she was right, “What’s wrong with him? What didn’t you like?”

“Nothing,” I muttered.

“Then why are you being a dick?!”

“That’s the problem!” I yelled and Mckayla looked at me confused, “He’s like fuckin’ perfect!”

“Well, I’m sorry that I found a guy that actually gave a damn!”

“I gave a damn, Mckayla!” I yelled and then instantly shut my mouth, mentally cursing for saying too much.

“What?” she asked and I stood up and sighed.

“Nothing, forget it,” I said and started for the house.

“No Sid, stop!” she growled and I looked at her, “I live in Michigan!”

“And if you would have stayed in Pittsburgh-“

“You expect me to live there while Wes is still free?!”

“I would have protected you!” I said and she sighed.

“Sid, we both know that you wouldn’t be able to watch me all the time,” she said and I sighed, she was right, “I like him, Sid. Why can’t you just be happy for me?”

“I’m sorry, Kay, I can’t,” I said, wondering why I said it, instantly regretting, ‘…Man, shut up!...’

“Well then I’m sorry, I can’t be friends with someone who’s going to be selfish and not be happy for me,” Mckayla said and I felt my heart break in two, “Go home, Sid. Go back to Pittsburgh where you’re the perfect person-“

“No one is perfect, Mckayla! Not me, not your boyfriend- No one!”

“Well guess what? I know that! And I like Danny just the way he is, and if you can’t respect that, then get the fuck out!” she barked and I sighed and shook my head, turning around and walking into the house so that I can get my things and head back to Pittsburgh.

-Danny-
Everyone heard the huge blow out on the back porch between Sidney and Mckayla. When Sidney came into the house, I knew that I needed to get downstairs and comfort Mckayla. I ran out of my room, down the stairs and outside to see Mckayla sitting in a chair crying. I walked over towards her and wrapped my arms around her.

“I’m sorry,” I breathed into her head as I hugged her and she pulled herself into me and cried into my chest.

“Kay!” I heard and turned to see Alicia and the girls running over.
They pulled her away from me and I sighed and watched as they comforted her. I turned my head towards the door and saw the guys standing there looking at me. I sighed and then walked back into the house, I heard the front door close and ran towards it and outside. I saw Sidney walking over towards his rental car.

“Crosby!” I called and walked over towards him.

“What? Do you want to hit me?” he asked and I looked at him and gave him a hard look.

“I’m not gunna lie, I want to hurt you so much for making her cry,” I growled, “But I’m not because I’m pretty sure that you feel pretty pathetic right now.”

“Why would I feel like that?”

“Because you just pissed off the girl that you love,” I said and seeing his facial reaction, I was right.

“Wow,” Crosby said and I looked at him confused, “You are fuckin’ perfect,” he said and walked over towards the driver’s side of the door, “Do me a favor?”

“Why would I ever want to do you a favor?”

“Because you’re a bigger man than me,” he said and I sighed.

“What do you want?”

“Take care of Mckayla for me.”