Freak: When the World Went Crazy

Chapter 2

"Joe? Wha- what are you doing here? I thought I had told you to keep watch!" I say, frantically. "what happened?"
"There- there were too- too many," Joe says panting. "They- they got through the door and- and they're coming this way."
"Fuck." I say, thinking quickly. I turn to KIt hoping that she might help but all i see is empty air. I whip my head around searching. I see her over by a power box messing with the insides.
"What are you doing? We need a plan!" Joe yells.
Instead of answering Kit closes the box and runs to the back door.
"Wait, the alarm! Don't-" I start saying, before I realize that she had already turned off the alarm. She kicks open the back door and rushes outside. I look back over to see Joe finishing off a small barricade. He runs towards me, just as something smashes into the barricade from the other side. We run to the back door and see Kit under the hood of a car, most likely hot-wiring it. She slams the hood down, grabs a screwdriver out of her belt, gets in and starts the car. She zooms towards us and at the last second, yanks the steering wheel sideways, swerving so that the other side of the car faces us. Joe bolts forward and gets into the back of the car. I look back and see the barricade give way. Not wanting to see what broke through, i rush to the passenger side and jump in through the open window. As soon as i hit the seat, Kit steps on the gas pedal, jolting us forward. I look back just in time to see at least ten crazies burst through the door. We swerve onto the street and soon we are heading back to the place we currently call home.