Freak: When the World Went Crazy

Chapter 4

I walk into the warehouse and immediately everyone stops talking.
"Don't start, Clifford." Dan says.
"The fuck! Me don't start? For one, that is no longer my name. You know that! And two, why the fuck are you wiling to split up the group so easily? Yea, we worked hard to secure this place, but the back fence is ruined beyond repair, the whole thing is close to collapsing, and we're running out of places in town to get food! We need to leave!" I'm practically yelling, but I'm beyond the point of caring. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself. "Ivan would agree with me." I state blankly, knowing the reaction that it will get out of him.
"Ivan is dead! What you think he will say does NOT matter anymore!" Dan is pissed, just short of foaming at the mouth. Seeing him like this, our "leader" sparks something in me. A familiar something. Something that-
I see Dan talking to an older man. He’s wearing the same clothes as the warehouse, so it must be earlier in the day. We seem to be in a warehouse that recently had a fire. There are crates all over the sides of the warehouse and surrounding the platform that Dan and the man are standing on.
They shake hands and the man turns and starts to walk towards three guys standing by the door. I hear an explosion outside and then a gunshot inside. One of the guys by the door drops. Dan jumps on the man he just shook hands with as the other two guys by the door fall to the ground. My attention is brought back to Dan as he pulls out a knife and holds it over the guys head. The man below Dan has a look of horror in his eyes .
"Wha-what are you doing?" The man manages to say before the knife slams down into his throat.
"I'm saving you from this world." Dan says, watching the man die.
People start emerging from the shadows. Familiar people. Brandy and Lily enter from the sides. Then Len enters from outside. He walks up to Dan, looks at the body, and throws his gun on the floor.
"Gather what you want." Dan calls out, still looking at the man. He stands up, wiping his knife on his jeans.
"What the fuck!" Len yells at Dan. "I didn't agree with this! You said-"
"I know what I said. But this way is better. I saved him". Dan turns and looks at the other two. "We will not tell the others about this." He looks at Len, challenging him. "Got it?"
"You didn't save him. You killed him. You-"