Undying Love

Chapter 7- Pissed Off

"I know you're followin' me Lacey" Daryl said without stopping or turning to look back at me as he spoke. We were a good few yards from what remained of the group, yet he still kept walking. "Then why don't you stop for a second so I can talk to you?" I asked coldly, his pissed off mood shifting onto me.

Without an over dramatic sigh he eventually stopped and turned to look at me, raising his eyebrow expectantly like I had a time limit on how long I could talk for. "What happened?" I questioned more calmly this time, knowing that if I went in all guns blazing he'd only clam up more. "Nothin'" he merely replied, before turning to continue walking. "Then why are you being like this?" I said whilst grabbing his upper arm to stop him from moving away and spinning him around to face me once more. "I'm not being like anythin', Lacey. Please can ya just fuck off for a bit?" Daryl spat harshly at me and now I was more then pissed off. I hated arguing with him, especially when I didn't even know what we was arguing for. But when he's telling me to fuck off when all I wanted to do was see if he was alright and get something to help T, it was impossible to bite my tongue.

"Look, you want me to fuck off? Then fine. But T-Dog needs antibiotics because he's in a really bad way and we both know Merle must have something in his stash that can help" I stated knowingly, whilst placing my hand on my hip to really express how pissed off I now was. "Ya think I'm gonna give him stuff outta my brothers stash just 'cause he's gotta fuckin' cut on his arm?" Daryl retorted patronisingly, looking at me as though I was the dumbest person for even suggesting it. "You weren't here, Daryl! You didn't hear what he saying! He wanted us to leave...just me, him and Dale. He said we should just take the RV and go" I said, watching Daryl's features soften a fraction when he realised T-Dog seriously wasn't well. But even though he looked slightly calmer now, I was still angry with him. "And if I had known you was gonna come back and be a complete asshole, I probably would have reconsidered my answer" I lied, instantly turning and marching away from him and back towards the RV. Of course I wouldn't have left with him, even if I knew Daryl was going to be like this. I just hated not knowing what had put him in such a foul mood.

~

"I won't do it. We cant just leave" Carol said adamantly and I agreed. They were talking about leaving to find the house that Carl, Lori, Rick and Shane were at, but if Sophia was alive, the highway would be the first place she'd try and find. "Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak" Dale contradicted, but even that wasn't enough to change my mind; someone had to stay. "What if she comes back and we're not here?" she asked, receiving a few doubtful looking faces. "Could happen" she said, as if trying to convince herself more then anyone else. "Carol's right. If she came back and we was gone...I'd feel awful" I said, glancing at Daryl because I knew he was basically in charge with the absence of Rick and Shane.

"Okay," Daryl began. "We gotta plan for this. I say tomorrow mornin's soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies" he said whilst glancing around the group but mainly to Carol, as it was her who would take more comfort from it. His eyes then landed on me as he continued talking, "I'll hold here tonight. Stay with the RV." I knew he was looking at me because he wanted me to stay with him. But he still hadn't spoken to me since our little tiff and he certainly hadn't apologised, which is why part of me wanted to go with the others.

"If the RV is staying, I am too" Dale said, causing Daryl to quickly avert his gaze off me and onto Dale. "Thank you. Thank you both" Carol said, truly grateful for what they were doing for her little girl. Daryl then looked at Andrea -who was stood next to me- and raised his eyebrow at her slightly, in a questioning manner. Clearly he had assumed I was staying and was now wanting to find out if Andrea was as well. "I'm in" she said, holding her hands up for a split second before letting them fall to her sides again.

"Well if your all staying them I'm-" Glenn began to speak up but Dale cut him off before he could finish. "Not you Glenn, you're going. Take Carols Cherokee" he instructed him, his controllingness really starting to annoy me. I get that he was only doing what he thought was best, but his way of going about things often left something to be desired. "Me? Why is it always me?" Glenn asked whilst laughing softly in disbelief. He did have a point; he was always the errand boy of the group and it wasn't fair. "You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people and see whats going on. But most important, you have to get T-Dog there. This is not an option! That cut has gone from bad to worse" he exclaimed. My eyes then found Daryl's and I shot him what I hoped was a ' I told you so' look and it must have worked because he broke the eye connect to look at the ground. When he finally looked back up a split second later, I looked pleadingly at him and it seemed to be working. "He has a very serious blood infection. You need to get him to that farm and see if they've got any antibiotics because if not, T-Dog will die. No joke" Dale said as I watched Daryl retrieve Merles stash for the bag on his bike and bring it towards the car I was standing beside.

"Why'd you wait until now to say anythin'? I've got my brothers stash" he said whilst rummaging through the bottles of pills. I had to hold back a pissed off scoff when he said that because I did tell him earlier, he just chose to ignore me. "Crystal, XTC, don't need that" he said more to himself but it still made me unwillingly chuckle. "Got some kickass painkillers" Daryl said, throwing the bottle to Glenn. He continued looking until he found something that could help T-Dog and tossed the bottle to Dale. "Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. That's first class" he said, before grabbing the bag and moving back towards his bike. "Merle got the clap on occasion."

~

It was now getting late and Glenn and T-Dog were preparing to leave. Daryl still hadn't spoken to me, which thankfully made my decision a whole lot easier. "Glenn, can I come with you?" I asked reasonably loudly, not really seeing the point in talking about it privately because they'd all realise soon enough. Dale was on-top of the RV and Carol and Andrea was inside it. T-Dog was already in the car, waiting for Glenn so they could get going and Daryl was fiddling around in the bag of his bike. However once he heard me he quickly stopped what he was doing and looked at me, an unreadable expression on his face. "Sure" Glenn said, both happy yet somewhat confused. I simply smiled before rushing into the RV to grab my backpack and to say goodbye to Carol and Andrea. When I went back outside, Glenn was in the car waiting for me, but a sudden grip on my wrist stopped me before I could make my way over. Daryl.

"Ya just gonna leave without even talkin' to me?" he asked, sounding just as pissed off as he did before. I wasn't in the mood for his shit which is why I merely sighed in exasperation before trying to move again, but he still had a hold of my wrist. "I gave him some pills didn't I?" Daryl said, obviously thinking that was the only reason I was upset with him. "Yes, you did. And I appreciate that...we all do. But what I don't appreciate is being told to fuck off, when all I was trying to do was make sure you was okay" I said, ripping my wrist from his tight grasp and taking a few steps before he rushed in front of me to bring me to another halt. "I know I was actin' like a fuckin' asshole before. I was pissed off 'cause of Lori leavin' when I told her she shouldn't. I was pissed off with Dale actin' like its my damn fault. An' I was pissed off 'cause we spent the whole day lookin' for that girl an I didn't find anythin'!" he snapped. I could understand why all those things would put him in the vulgar mood he was in earlier but until he apologised, he wasn't forgiven. "You could have just said that" I stated quietly, pushing past him and rushing to get into the car before he could stop me again.

"Ready?" Glenn asked as he started up the car. I looked at Daryl as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration before looking over to Glenn, "Ready."