Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

12.

It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve seen or spoken to Selena and I feel horribly about that but I can’t stand by while she’s lying to me. I know she will only lie to protect me from something but after last time I don’t see why she wouldn’t just come to me. I don’t want something bad to happen to her again, oh wait something almost did! I don’t want something worse to happen to her, like her lose the baby. I don’t think she would survive that.

Lex text me a couple hours ago and said that he was in LA to work on All Time Low’s next album and wanted to meet up at the studio because he wanted to talk to me about something. My first thought was that something happened with Selena, but he would have came to my apartment if that’s what he wanted to talk about so I have no idea what is going on. I wanted to talk to him anyways so I met up with him at the studio.

“Hey freak.” I said as I walked into the studio he was in.

“Who you calling a freak, you turkey?” he laughed as he got up to give me a hug. “So, not to be an asshole, but you look like crap.”

I sat down in a chair with a sigh, pushing my hair back. “I feel like crap. I’m trying to do these last minute wedding plans but my mind is elsewhere. I just keep thinking about Selena and worrying about her. I haven’t spoken to her since New York, but I know she won’t tell me what is going on so I’ve been doing some digging.”

Lex stiffened and looked at me with wide eyes, “stop digging, Demi, I’m telling you now that you won’t like what you find and you might get someone hurt. Bad things are already happening because Selena has told. Just leave it alone.”

“What do you mean bad things have happened? Are you saying what happened to Selena wasn’t an accident?” I asked worriedly. I have a right to know what the fuck is going on.

“No, that was an accident.” he said calmly. “You honestly don’t know what happened? No one has called you?”

“What are you talking about? Is Selena okay?”

“She’s fine, I spoke to her a little bit ago. She’s on her way back to LA. I should let her tell you when she gets back but since you are worried I will tell you. Joe got beat up while helping her with what she’s been keeping from you.” Lex slid his hands down his face. I could tell that he really didn’t want to talk about this.

“Oh my god.” I gasped in shock. Why hadn’t anyone called me? I quickly text Nick and asked him if Joe was okay. “Why does this keep happening to us?” Tears welled up in my eyes. Bad things keep happening to us, it’s like a sign that neither couple should be together.

“Because people are jealous fucking assholes who would rather fuck up other people’s lives then move on with their own.” Lex grumbled. So the situation that Selena is keeping from me has to be someone trying to ruin my relationship with Alex. But who and why? It has to be someone that Joe knows since that is who Selena went to for help. Oh fucking hell. There is only one person it can be.

“It’s Wilmer, isn’t it? That is who is fucking with my relationship and has Selena scared.” I demanded answers from Lex.

“I’m not going to lie to you, but I am not going to say if you are right or not.” he shook his head. “Just let it go. Selena said when she gets home that she will talk to you about it.”

I groaned in frustration but reluctantly let it go. If Selena doesn’t tell me though, I will do something about this. It has gotten way out of hand. “So why did you want me to come here?”

“Can’t a guy just want to hang out with one of his closest friends?” he raised an eyebrow trying to be serious but broke out laughing when I rolled my eyes. “Okay, okay. I wanted to know if you would do a collaboration with me on this album. I’ve wanted to do a song with you for a long time now, but the opportunity never presented itself and now it has.”

“I don’t know.” I bit my lip. Should I do this?

“You’ve done one with We the Kings and with Hot Chelle Rae. I think that All Time Low deserves to be graced with your pipes.” he said over dramatically making me laugh. This is why I love this guy. He makes things so dramatic but in a playful way that just makes things fun. Makes me feel like I am in a movie when I’m with him.

“Okay, okay, I’ll do it. But under one condition,” I held up one finger and he nodded, “we write the song together.”

“Deal.” he smiled cheekily and shook my hand.

We sat down and started writing and before we knew it we had an entire song written. It was a good day to write a song, ever since Lex basically confirmed that someone was using Selena to ruin my engagement, I’ve had this pent up anger and this song was my release. It was basically someone trying to ruin a person’s happiness. The lyric that started the song was ‘why can’t you just be happy for me’ and it just went from there. It’s a pretty kick ass song if I do say so.

“I know I said I would do a song with you, but I don’t think this is a song I should sing on. It’s kick ass, but usually when I do collaborations it’s more of a ballad type not something that is an upbeat song like this should be.” I told Lex once we were done writing the song.

“So you’re not going to do a collab?” he raised an eyebrow.

I laughed and shook my head, “I didn’t say that. I just don’t think I should sing on this one. I will and see how it goes, but I feel like we should write another song that will be a bit slower or something.”

“Okay, we’ll figure something out later.” he nodded.

We ended up starting to work on another song. I told him that I had started a song a few weeks ago and it’s more appropriate for a duet but I needed help to finish it so he checked it out and started making revisions to it. Awhile into writing there was a knock on the door and Alex walked in. “Hey babe.” he smiled at me and made his way over to me.

Before I could respond Lex spoke up, “hey baby, did you bring me dinner?”

“Sorry honey, but I’ll take you out to dinner.” Alex winked at Lex.

“Yay!” Lex clapped.

“I think I’ve let you hang out with Lex and Jack way too much.” I rolled my eyes then stood up to kiss Alex.

“I take offense to that.” Lex pouted.

“Hardy har har.” I poked out my bottom lip at him.

“Anyways.” Alex laughed, “what have you guys been working on?”

Lex handed him the first song we wrote and Alex read it over. He scrunched up his eyebrows as he read the song then looked over at me with a confused expression. “Who exactly is this supposed to be about?”

I sucked in a breath, not knowing how to answer this question since I really don’t have the full story myself. I looked over at Lex and he just shrugged. I know he’s not going to save my ass because he promised Selena that he wouldn’t say a word and he would never go back on her promises.

“I can’t really say because I’m not even positive on who it is about.” I sighed, sinking back into my chair.

“Who is fucking with you, Demi?” Alex demanded.

“No one!” I yelled. “At least not directly.”

“Do you care to explain that?” Alex folded his arms across his chest. When I didn’t reply he looked over at Lex who also stayed quiet. “Someone better start talking.”

“I think I can explain.” a voice said, startling all of us.

I looked past Alex and saw Selena standing in the doorway, her arms securely around her stomach. She looked scared, can’t say that I blame her since I haven’t spoken to her in two weeks. She probably thinks I hate her and that’s not the case. I just knew that she wouldn’t give me answers and I needed to find out what was going on so I wouldn’t pick a fight with her. She didn’t need any added stress. Plus I knew that her or Joe would come to me when they were ready to talk.

“How can you answer it, Selena?” Alex questioned.

“Because I’m the one knows who is fucking with Demi. Well he’s fucking with me. Though Joe is the one who got beat up so I guess he’s really fucking with Joe. But he’s threatened me and Joe wouldn’t have gotten hurt if I didn’t ask him for help.” Selena rambled on until Lex went over to her and shook her gently to get her to stop talking. “Sorry I was rambling.”

“Yeah you were.” Alex chuckled softly. “But what is all of this about? And who is threatening you?”

“About a month or so ago I got a phone call and this person said that if I didn’t do exactly as they asked then I would pay the price. He threatened you, Demi, my baby.” Selena trailed off and looked down at her stomach, rubbing it with her hand. “I had to find some way to break you guys up. Of course I would never do that. I love you both and envy your love for each other. I tried to find some way around this. But the stress of this and everything going on with Brian, I nearly lost my baby. I had already asked Joe for help since it was his friend that was threatening me but obviously it didn’t work. This is another Debby situation, only this time it is Wilmer wanting Demi back and he won’t stop until he does.”

“That fucking asshole. I’ll kill him.” Alex growled.

“I’m so sorry. If I had just told you guys.” Selena paused, tears flooding her eyes. I went over to her and hugged her tightly. She clung to me as she cried. It was like a child holding on to their parent after a nightmare. I felt so bad for her. She’s had to keep quiet about this madness of weeks. I wish she would have just told me about this.

“This is not your fault. Wilmer just needs to move the fuck on.” I told her.

“He says he loves you and Alex could never love you the way he does. He’s not going to back down. I told him that you are happier than you’ve ever been and that has a lot to do with Alex being back in your life, but he just won’t hear it.” Selena said as she wiped away her tears. Though it didn’t do any good since tears still fell from her eyes.

“I’ll deal with him. You just focus on your baby.” I smiled at her as I rubbed her slightly protruded belly. “Wait, where is Taylor? I thought you were staying with her.”

“I was.” she shrugged. “She has some tour stuff to do. Charity and Francia were there but both had to go back to their lives. Connor had to go to South America for tour. Plus I needed to come home not only to talk to you about what was going on, but to tell my mom about the baby before she hears from it on tv or something.”

“You still haven’t told your mom?” Lex gasped in shock.

“Nope.” Selena shook her head.

“Do you want me to come with you?” I asked her. I know Mandy wouldn’t be mad at her for being pregnant, but keeping it a secret is another story.

“I think I can do it on my own. Thanks though.” she smiled weakly. I could tell she was scared to tell her mom. But I could also see the pain in her eyes and that has nothing to do with telling her mom and everything to do with Brian.

“He’s back in LA, just to let you know.” Alex told Selena. Her eyes widened, knowing that she’s going to have to face him now seeing how they do live together. “He’s staying with me, so don’t worry.”

“Since when?” I looked at Alex in shock. I had no prior knowledge of this. Why would he let Brian stay with him when he is supposed to be packing up his apartment. We were moving in together in two weeks, just a few days before our wedding. I wanted to get it done before our wedding so neither of us had to worry about it while we were on our honeymoon and could just come home and have our place all ready for us.

“Since two days ago. He figured once Selena’s bed rest was over that she would be home and didn’t want to be in Selena’s way. Hell he didn’t even think she wants him there anymore.” he threw his arms up in the air.

“Tell him to go back to our apartment. I will just stay at my parent’s house until we work shit out.” Selena told Alex with a sigh. Alex nodded, not knowing what to say. Neither of us really knew what to say or do. Both of our best friends hearts are broken and there was nothing we could do to help. Brian has to fix this all on his own. He made this mess and he is the only one who could make it right. Selena needs and wants answers, and he is the only one who can give her those answers. I just feel so helpless. I want Selena to be happy, I don’t like seeing that hollow look in her eyes. It’s like she’s looking right through me and not at me. There is so much sadness and pain. My heart breaks for her.

“Do want to go grab something to eat?” Lex nudged Selena’s shoulder with his own.

“I probably should get home. I need to pack a bag and get to my parent’s before it gets too late. Gracie goes to bed pretty early.” she told him.

“Okay, but if you need anything call.” he pointed a finger at her. She smiled and nodded before giving him a hug.

“The same goes for me. Any time day or night, I am here.” I told her. “I’m sorry that I haven’t been there for you, I just thought I would give you the space to deal with whatever it was. Well that and I tried to figure it out on my own.”

“It’s okay.” she shrugged. “I’m gonna go. I’ll see you either tomorrow or Wednesday for the bridesmaid’s fitting.”

“For sure.” I smiled and hugged her. She said bye to Alex and left.

“I’m worried about her.” Lex said once she was gone.

“Me too.” I sighed. I cursed Brian silently for breaking my best friend. There was nothing I could do about it tonight though. Tomorrow is another day and I was going to do some fighting. No one was going to get away with trying to ruin my relationship. And it’s about time I had a stern talk with Brian for his actions.

For now though, Lex and I gathered our things and we all left the studio to go grab some dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN