Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

14.

“Thanks for meeting me.” I said to Wilmer as he sat down at the table at the cafe I told him to meet me at. I should be getting excited over dress fittings but I’m here trying to squash this stupid ass drama that he has created.

“I’m glad that you called, I’ve been wanting to talk to you.” he smiled brightly. I rolled my eyes. I wanted to smack that smile off of his face. How dare he look so happy when he threatened my best friend. He should know that I don’t do well when people hurt my friends and family.

“Then you should have called me rather than threaten my friends!” I snapped at him. He went to say something but I cut him off. “Don’t fucking dare try to deny it. I talked to Joe and he wouldn’t throw you under the bus unless you did some shady shit. He’s one of your close friends and I thought you were one of mine too. But friends don’t threaten people to get what they want. Did you know that Selena almost lost her baby because she was so fucking stressed out over this? Do you even care?”

“I’m sorry.” was all he said. I could tell that he felt ashamed as he should.

“You’re sorry? Really? That’s all you have to fucking say?” I yelled at him like I was scolding my child. “You’re a grown man who resorted to petty shit just to get a girl. Well news flash, I’m getting married and nothing you can do or say will change that. Go ahead I fucking dare you to harm one of the people I care about, because it’ll be the last thing you do. I will murder you in your sleep if any harm comes to the people I love.”

“He’ll never love you the way I do.” Wimer protested.

“You’re right, he won’t.” I stood up. “He’ll love me way better. He would never do what you did. Did you ever see him resort to threats to get me back? No, he just made sure that I knew that he was there if I ever needed a friend and supported me through thick and thin. If you really love me like you say you do then let me go. I’m never going back to you. Alex holds my heart, he always has I just never saw it until two years ago. I love him and I am marrying him in less than two weeks. I suggest you move on and let me do the same.”

I didn’t give him time to respond, I just turned around and walked away. I knew if I stayed there any longer that I would punch him in the face. I really didn’t need to go to jail for assault. I know my boundaries so to save myself I just walked away. When I started driving, I nearly went over to Selena and Brian’s apartment. I figured since I already was fired up, why not go yell at Brian while I’m at it. I wanted so bad to give him a piece of my mind. But I chose not to, not because he doesn’t deserve it, but because I’m already late to my dress fitting. I needed to get across town to meet all my bridesmaids so they can get their dresses and so they can for the first time see my dress.

When I got to the dress shop all the girls were already there, well the girls that lived here in LA. One of Alex’s sisters is in Texas and the other is in Northern California. I know it’s weird for me to have his sisters in my bridal party since I don’t know them all that well, but they mean so much to Alex so I wanted them to feel apart of his new family. I would do anything for my sisters and he is the exact same way with his younger siblings so I don’t want them to think I’m taking their brother away, I want to be close to them like they were my own siblings.

The girls all seemed to be deep in conversation when I walked in but when they noticed that I was there, they all shut up. “What are you guys talking about me behind my back?” I joked. I knew none of them would ever do that.

“Matter of factly we were.” Dallas stuck her tongue out at me. “We said how stupid your wedding will be.”

“Ha ha.” I stuck my tongue back at her.

“No, we’re just discussing your bachelorette party.” Tiffany told me.

I threw my head back and groaned. “I already told you that I don’t want a party. I don’t like parties.”

“Don’t worry, it’s not really a party. There will be no alcohol, no strippers, no clubs. It’s just going to be us, promise.” Selena reassured me. I had no idea what they were planning, but I trusted that they would keep to my wishes and just make this a low key thing.

“I’m trusting you all.” I warned them playfully. “Okay who is ready to try on their dresses?”

I am completely in love with the bridesmaids dresses. I only saw a few dresses before the one I picked out for them. I wanted all my girls to feel comfortable since they all have different body types and I also wanted them all to look gorgeous. The dresses are short with like a bubble bottom and a ruffle on the side. The top is sheer to make it look like a halter dress when it really isn’t. And their is a black ribbon around the waist. The dress itself is a deep blue. I love them.

“Yes, but I think we are all more excited to see YOUR dress.” Madison laughed.

“Not until I see you all in your dresses.” I told them. I had the store shut down today so there wouldn’t be people coming and going and try to take pictures of the dresses. That way I know if pictures of the dresses get leaked I can blame the owner of the store. I told the owner to bring out the bridesmaids dresses so my girls can have their last fitting to make sure everything is perfect.

While everyone went to go change into their dresses I pulled Selena aside so I could talk to her. “So I wanted to tell you that I talked to Wilmer. He won’t be bothering you anymore, and if does, you tell me immediately. I will kill him with my own bare hands if I have to. You are like a sister to me and I won’t let anyone hurt you, you’ve been through way too much.”

Her chin quivered, but she tried really hard not to cry. “Sorry for crying, I’m very hormonal. I cry at the damn milk commercial.” she laughed.

“Oh my pregnant best friend.” I laughed as I pulled her into a hug. “Now go try on your dress.”

Selena walked off to the empty dressing room that was reserved for her just as Tiffany and Marissa came out of their dressing rooms. “Oh my god! You guys look amazing!” I gushed.

Dallas and Madison came out and twirled around then looked in the mirror at themselves. “You really did pick out the perfect dresses for us, sis.” Dallas said which is a compliment because she is the little fashionista of the family.

“Thanks.” I smiled brightly. I stared at them in awe because they really do look gorgeous.

“Oh my god.” I heard Selena say then open the curtain to the dressing room she was in. I thought something was wrong when I turned around and saw that she looked scared. “I guess it’s a good thing I had them leave it a bit loose.”

I didn’t see anything wrong with her dress so I had no idea what she meant. It fit her perfectly, and she looked amazing. That’s when it hit me, she’s starting to gain weight. “No more donuts for you.” I joked.

“Are we missing something?” Dallas asked curiously as she looked back and forth between me and Selena.

Selena looked at me and gulped. I shrugged, “just tell them. They are going to find out sooner or later and we’re all friends.”

“Oh my god, you’re pregnant, aren’t you?” Tiffany squealed.

“Yeah I am.” Selena’s face lit up. I think this was the first time I’ve seen her truly happy about saying she’s pregnant. She’s been so scared and so stressed over Brian that she really hasn’t been able to just be happy about this growing person inside of her. Wait, her nerves have nothing to do with Brian cheating or Wilmer. It hit me when she looked down at her stomach with a sad smile, nothing like the one she just had on her face. I remember a year ago when Alex and I got engaged she had told me that she and Brian hadn’t been having sex because she was terrified to have another pregnancy scare of even go through a miscarriage like I did. She wasn’t planning on getting pregnant. She was handling the stress of Wilmer by getting help from Joe and she had for the most part put Brian’s cheating behind her and didn’t even want to think about it. So the stress she was under when she had that scare was most likely from being terrified of being pregnant. That’s why she waiting so long to find out if she really was pregnant. Now more than ever I need to talk to her about how she really is feeling about this whole situation.

Everyone screamed with excitement and hugged Selena. “Do you know what you’re having yet?” Madison asked her.

“Not yet.” she shook her head. “But soon. I can’t wait to find out.”

“Do you want a boy or a girl?” Marissa asked.

“I don’t want to say the cliche answer and say that either one as long as it’s healthy but it’s pretty much truth. But I am hoping for a girl.” Selena gushed.

“How excited is Brian?” Dallas asked. “Maybe this will make him want to commit.” she knows all about how Brian hasn’t wanted to talk about marriage or about where their relationship is going. She even offered to punch Brian in the balls for Selena. We are family and we stick together through thick and thin.

I looked over at Selena who now looks sad causing my heart to sink. I know how painful this whole situation is for her. I wish I could just make it all better for her. I took my phone out and text Brian to meet me later tonight. I needed him to make things right. Or at least find out if he would rather be with this Crystal chick so I could help Selena out with her pregnancy and heal her heart. I had to figure out what is going on in his head, for Selena and for their baby. Preferably before my wedding so there wasn’t a crazy amount of tension since they are paired together.

“Um, we broke up and he thinks the baby isn’t his.” Selena rushed out. She scratched the back of her neck and looked away from the girls. She feels ashamed for lying to Brian and she regrets it. I know why she did what she did, not saying it was right but I get it.

“What happened?” Dallas gasped. “Do I need to kick his ass?”

Selena sat down and put her arms around her stomach like she was protecting the baby from having to hear what she was going to have to say. “He cheated on me and I was just so pissed that I told him that the baby wasn’t his.”

“I’m going to kill him.” Dallas threw her arms up in the air. “Then I’m going to kill whoever the girl was that he had sex with.”

“No, Dallas, just leave it.” Selena begged. She was angry at Brian but at the end of the day she still loves him and that probably won’t ever change. I’ve seen her go through so much in relationships and get so hurt. But she’s never been happier than she was with Brian. I truly believe that they belong together.

“I’m not going to leave it alone. He deserves to pay for what he did. We all trusted him to not hurt you and he does just that. Hell he did the very thing that caused you to harm yourself after Justin. Did he not think of that when he decided to do what he did? You’re pregnant now and I don’t want to see you go to that dark place again.” tears welled up in Dallas’ eyes. She sat down next to Selena and put her arm around her.

“I promise you that I won’t go back there. I am stronger than that this time around. He did his damage and I just want to move on from it.” she told Dallas.

“How about we all stop with this depressing talk and see my wedding dress!” I distracted everyone.

“Finally!” Tiffany exclaimed dramatically.

I laughed and went into the dressing room to change into my dress. It took me looking through nearly forty dresses before finding this one that I fell in love with. The top was form fitting with a silver accent on the hip. There was a slit up the front to expose my legs but the skirt was full of tulle so you can’t tell the slit is there unless I walk. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. This is the perfect dress and being in it is making me so anxious to finally be married. I don’t need the wedding to be over the moon excited to get married, but it doesn’t hurt.

“Holy crap! You are freaking stunning!” Dallas exclaimed when she saw me.

“Agreed!” Madison nodded. “You’re always gorgeous, but you in that dress is beyond gorgeous.”

“Thanks.” I smiled at them. “I am in love with this dress and wish that the next week and a half will hurry up so I can just be married.”

“I still can’t believe my little sister is getting married before me.” Dallas crossed her arms as she shook her head.

“I still can’t believe that she’s really getting married.” Selena laughed.

“Since we’re on the topic of dresses, I have Gracie’s flower girl dress for you to take home, Selena. And Alex should have KJ’s tux so I’ll drop that off for you when I get it, Tiffany.” I told them. I couldn’t wait to see the kids in their outfits at my wedding. It’s going to be so amazing.

“KJ is going to be the most precious ring bearer ever!” Tiffany squealed. She was one excited momma.

“My mom is so excited for Gracie to be the flower girl. I think she’s more excited about that than seeing you get married.” Selena chuckled as she rolled her eyes.

“Well being a flower girl is a big deal!” I laughed loudly. “Oh and the rehearsal dinner is going to be next Thursday, and you’ll get to meet the guys who will be in the wedding and Alex’s family.”

“Me, Dallas and Madison have a surprise for you that night.” Selena winked at me.

“Just don’t embarrass me.” I pointed a finger at them.

“We make no promises.” Madison laughed.

“So where are you guys going on your honeymoon?” Marissa asked.

“We sort of having two. We are having a four day honeymoon in the Bahamas then will be off to Africa for nine days. We both have been there so we decided to go together and do something for them since we are throwing this huge wedding, we feel like those kids deserve something too.” I told them.

“Aww! I’m jealous! I want to go back!” Marissa poked her lip out.

“Maybe we will go without her.” Selena told Marissa.

“Sister vacation without Demi!” Dallas laughed. “Wait you’re a prego butt, you can’t go!”

“Crap.” Selena pouted. “I really wanted to do this! At least I have my UNICEF concert to do on my part.”

“When?” I asked her confused since this is the first time I am hearing about this.

“This weekend. It’s going to be another acoustic one and all proceeds go to UNICEF.” she said.

“Wait isn’t my bachelorette party supposed to be this weekend?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“No worries. The concert is on Friday, your party is on Saturday.” she poked my side.

Even though I really don’t want a bachelorette party, I’m actually excited to have it. It’ll just mean it’s that much closer to my wedding and like my last hurrah as a single girl. My wedding day can’t come any sooner. I just want to be Mrs. DeLeon already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not really feeling this chapter. It's really just a filler chapter, I needed to get this wedding stuff out of the way. Only a few more chapters before we come full circle and back to the prologue! So you know what that means! We finally learn why Alex didn't make it to his wedding. Any theories yet? I never read any so let me know!

The best part of this chapter was the beginning when Demi told Wilmer off! Do you think he will listen and stay the hell away? I'd be scared of Demi if I were him. That is for damn sure!

Here is the bridesmaids dresses. Just imagine them in a midnight blue color::
Image

And Demi's wedding dress!!::
Image