Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

16.

“Are you sure you want to leave Selena right now?” Alex asked for the fifth time since we got in the car. We just on the freeway to go visit his Dad. He hasn’t seen either side of his family in a while and even though they all will be here next week for the wedding, I thought it would be nice to go visit his Dad, step mom and younger siblings for a couple of days. Plus we both needed out of LA.

Alex was worried about leaving though. He knows how close Selena and I are, and how much she is going through. Especially since her and Brian are really over. She’s been a wreck since she told him that she can’t be with him. She’s trying really hard to keep it together for the baby because she really doesn’t want to lose it. And to be honest, I don’t think she would survive if she had a miscarriage. I just pray that she can pull it together, she is a strong girl but sometimes even a strong person can falter.

“I told you already, I am sure.” I told him. “I love her and I hate to see her so broken, but I know she is in good hands. She has her mom, Taylor will be in town for a few days and Marissa said she would check in on her. Plus she has her own set of friends who will keep an eye on her. We need this couple of days.”

“We’re going to have three weeks together after we get married.” Alex pointed out. He was right, we would be getting away from all the drama soon enough, but why was he being so weird about this trip? Did he not want to go visit his family? Or is it that he doesn’t want me to go? They were going to be my family soon too. I just shook away the thoughts and let it be that he is just as upset as I am about our best friends misery..

“I know we will, I just thought it would be nice to spend time with part of your family before the wedding since we’ll be gone for so long. We see mine all the time, but you don’t get to see yours that often. And when you do, it’s usually without me.” I told him with a sigh. I laid my head against the window. “Is it so bad that I want to spend time with my future in laws?”

“No it’s not a bad thing.” Alex said, reaching over and squeezing my thigh in reassurance. “It’s just I don’t feel right being out of LA right now. I know you said Selena has all of these people in her corner but it still scares me how well she can cover up things. I don’t want her to get depressed again.”

I truly warms my heart that Alex cares so much about my best friend. As much as I hate Brian for breaking Selena’s heart, I do feel bad that he is going through his own heart break. I know how much he loves Selena, he has always looked at her like she was only girl in the world. I never thought in a million years that he would ever cheat on her but he did and he has to pay the consequences. Doesn’t make his heart break any easier though and I feel bad and hope that he doesn’t do something even stupider than he already has. And I pray that Selena won’t harm herself in any way. She swore to me that she would never do that while she’s pregnant because her baby means the world to her and she wouldn’t do anything to hurt the baby. I believe her, but it doesn’t lessen any of our worries.

“I’m worried about her too, but she will be fine.” I tried to reassure him. “If she weren’t pregnant then I wouldn’t be leaving her, but she wouldn’t do anything dumb while she’s pregnant. Why are you more worried about Selena than Brian?”

“Because my best friend doesn’t have a past of harming himself.” he retorted making a point. “I am worried about him, but he will throw himself into writing and probably won’t come out of his apartment until he has enough songs for another album.”

Alex does have a point, Brian is a constructive person when he’s upset not a destructive one. Hopefully he’s right and Brian does stay in locked in his room and doesn’t go out. But if he does, I hope that he has learned his lesson on what to do and what not to do. I shook the thoughts out of my head and decided to take a nap because I haven’t been getting much sleep lately. Just as I was about to close my eyes my phone started to ring. I reach over to the center console and picked it up. Dallas’ picture lit up the screen, I quickly answered because I know that she is with Selena today. I was scared that something is wrong.

“Is Selena okay?” I asked as I answered the call.

“Uh, yeah she’s fine.” she said confused. “Where are you? You didn’t say a word this morning, you just said that I have to hang out with Selena today and for the next few days.”

“Me and Alex are going to visit his dad.” I told her as I breathed a sigh of relief. Selena is okay, just like I knew she would be. I told Alex that everything would be okay.

“What? No! You’re ruining everything!” Dallas yelled at me. I heard Selena in the background ask what is going on and Dallas told her what I had just told her.

“What am I ruining?” now it’s my turn to be confused. What the hell is going on?

“Demi, get your ass home!” Selena yelled.

“Stop cursing in front of the baby!” Dallas scolded Selena.

“Shut up, it’s my baby!” Selena told Dallas. “Plus Demi used to have Madison say curse words when she was like five.”

“Whatever. Eat your pickles and ice cream. Gross.” Dallas gagged. I laughed at their banter. It was refreshing to know that they are doing okay and all the drama that has been going on hasn’t completely affected them. Well completely affected Selena, Dallas is strong, it takes a lot to bring her down.

“Okay guys, stop arguing and tell me what’s going on.” I told them.

“You’re ruining our plans. Please just tell Alex to turn the car around and come home!” Dallas said frustrated.

“And bring me more pickles!” Selena yelled in the background. I didn’t have time to respond, all I heard was Dallas tell Selena to shut up before the line went dead.

“What was that about?” Alex asked me as I put my phone back in the center console.

I shrugged, “I’m not completely sure. Dallas and Selena just kept saying I was ruining everything and to come back home.”

“Ruining what exactly?” he asked just as confused as I am. “Your bachelorette party isn’t until this weekend and we’ll be back for Selena’s concert, so what are they talking about?”

“Your guess is as good as mine. I actually thought it was why you were trying to keep me in LA.” I confessed.

“Why would you think that?” he looked over at me for a second before looking back at the road.

“Because ever since we got into this car, you’ve been trying to change my mind about this trip. Then I get a call from my sister saying I’m ruining everything. I know all the plans we have, so I don’t know what she’s talking about. So I figured you two cooked up something and didn’t tell me which is why you don’t want to go visit your family. That sounds a lot better than you not wanting me to spend time with your family.”

Alex reach over, grabbing the back of my neck and pulled me toward him. He kissed the top of my head, his eyes never leaving the road. “I love you more than my life. I want you to spend time with my family, they will be your family in little over a week. That has nothing to do with why I wanted to stay in LA. I just felt like this was the wrong time to have this trip.”

“Then what is it?” I snapped. Tears were filling up my eyes, I was just so frustrated. “And don’t say it’s because of Brian and Selena because Selena is perfectly fine right now. Brian probably is too.”

“And I’m sure that you’re right. Selena is a fighter, and Brian well he’s Brian.” he said scratching his cheek. “But we just have so much to do before the wedding, a wedding that is just over a week away.”

“Everything is basically done. The church and pastor was booked months ago. The venue for the reception was booked months ago. My dress will be done in a few days. The bridesmaids and flower girl dresses are done. You are picking up the tuxes on Monday. The only thing we have to do is have the rehearsal then get married. That’s it. So what else is there to do that is so damn important that we have to stay in LA?” my voice squeaked because I was yelling and trying to keep from crying.

Alex didn’t say anything, not one single word. He just stared at the road like nothing happened. I let out a frustrated and kicked the glovebox. Alex flinched but still said nothing. If he didn’t want to talk then neither would I. I’m done with trying. I pulled out my ipod from my purse, put my headphones on and turned on the music full blast. I don’t care if it will blow out my eardrums. I’m just done with everything right now.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I remember is Alex gently shaking me telling me that we’re at his dad’s place. The way he was looking at me when I opened my eyes was entirely different than he was all morning. He is looking at me like he always has, with love and adoration. I thought I was the one with bipolar, not him. What made him change so suddenly? Was it because I yelled at him? Or is this an act since we’re about to be in front of his family? Either way, I’m not in the mood to deal with his crap. I am here to spend time with my soon to be in laws. I will deal with Alex later. He will not ruin this trip for me.

“Demi!” I heard Alex’s half sister, Sophia, scream as I got out of the car. I love this kid so much. I remember the first time we met she fainted. Alex had failed to mention that she was my fan and I just showed up and freaked her out. But now we are pretty close.

“Sophia!” I screamed with just as much enthusiasm as she yelled my name. She ran across the lawn, straight to me and hugged me tightly. “How are you, pretty girl?”

“Amazing now that you’re here.” she squealed.

“Alex? Demi? Why didn’t you guys tell us you were coming?” Alex’s step mom, Suzanne, asked as she came out of the house.

“Sorry, it was a spontaneous trip. We didn’t even know we were coming until we got in the car this morning.” Alex told her and gave her a hug. “Where is pops and Devon?”

“Out back putting up a basketball hoop.” Suzanne told Alex.

Alex looked as excited as a kid on christmas morning as he looked over at me. “Go play with the boys. I’ll be here hanging out with the girls.” I told him with amusement in my voice.

Alex ran off to the backyard like a little kid causing me to laugh and roll my eyes. I am marrying a child, a man child. But I love him none the less. “So, I have something for you.” I told Sophia as I opened the back of Alex’s car and pulled out a garment bag that contains her bridesmaid dress.

Sophia’s eyes lit up when she saw the dress. She was so excited to be in the wedding and I was so happy to be able to bring joy to Alex’s sisters. They both were really happy to be in the wedding. Weddings are supposed to be about two people coming together and becoming a family and we both want our families to be one huge family. So to be able to have Alex’s sibling in the wedding along side my own siblings truly excites me.

“Oh my god, the dress is even more gorgeous in person!” she said excitedly. She hadn’t seen the dress other than in pictures that I had sent her. I brought her dress so she can have it and make sure it fits well and get it altered if she needed to. I already sent Mackenzie hers. “I’m going to go try it on right now!”

Suzanne and I followed Sophia into the house. We sat down in the living room to talk and she asked me what is with the tension she felt between me and Alex. I tried to play it off that there is no tension, but of course she knew better. I told her that we were working on it and she didn’t ask anymore questions. Though I could tell that she wanted to.

“How long do you and Alex plan to stay?” she asked suddenly, catching me off guard.

“Um, Thursday night. I have to be home on Friday. Why?” I questioned.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off as rude, its just…” she trailed off, “I wasn’t supposed to say anything to Alex but I guess I can tell you, your friends Selena and Brian paid for Devon and Sophia to be in LA Saturday morning. I’m not sure what is going on but they called and asked if they could come. They even said that myself and George to come out too. I know that the rehearsal dinner isn’t until next week.”

“Wait, are you sure that they said this Saturday?” I asked cutting her off. This Saturday is my bachelorette party and Alex’s bachelor party. Why would they want his younger siblings there? I know I said that I didn’t want a party and to do something low key, but I know the boys, they will be getting shit faced drunk. So what the hell is going on?

“I’m sure.” she nodded.

“That’s odd, but if that is what they want then I won’t question it and won’t tell Alex. We will be home before then though so don’t worry.” I told her.

Sophia came into the room and thankfully the dress fit her perfectly. She looked absolutely stunning and she was in love with the dress which made me even happier. After Sophia changed out of her dress we went to the backyard to hang out with the boys. The rest of the day was full of fun and laughter. Alex’s dad with his jokes, Devon with his goofy self, Sophia telling us about her acting class and this play she is in. It was just so relaxing to be around his family. I just wish I knew what was on Alex’s mind and why he is acting so weird. But that shall remain a mystery to me because he refuses to talk to me about it. There is one person who maybe able to help me, but that will have to wait until we get home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of hate this chapter. I hate having to write filler chapters. And I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to update, but I've been busy and been spending a lot of time at my brother's house so I haven't had much time to write. Hopefully I can get back to regular updates soon though.

So what do you think Alex is hiding? We obviously know it's something because he disappears in the prologue. What would make him not show up to his wedding? He loves Demi, that's obvious, so what is this secret and why will it keeping him from marrying Demi? Let me know your thoughts!