Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

18.

“Dallas, I swear if you don’t take this damn blindfold off of me I am going to fucking scream!” I yelled at my sister. Today is my bachelorette party but for some strange reason we’re getting started at four in the afternoon instead of later tonight like we had planned. Dallas said that this has been the plan all along but Selena wanted to keep it a secret. I’ve been sitting on some concrete bench or something for what feels like a century but I know it hasn’t been. Dallas and Madison had spent the night at my apartment and all of the sudden they said that I had to get ready because we were leaving and I was so confused. Then when we were in the car they blindfolded and I hate not knowing where I am.

“Dallas went inside.” I heard Madison tell me. “She had to make sure Selena is here and everything is good to go.”

I groaned, “well tell them to hurry the fuck up because this blindfold is giving me anxiety.”

I heard Madison squeal all of the sudden then I heard Selena’s voice say hi to her. “Help Demi, she’s getting anxiety.”

I felt hands on mine then they pulled me up. “I’m sorry.” Selena said as she hugged me. “I just need you to walk a little ways then you can take it off.”

“Lets go before I have an anxiety attack.” I told her. I heard laughter as Selena lead me away from where I had been sitting.

We didn’t long for long when the blindfold was taken off and I was face to face with Alex as everyone around us yelled “surprise!” I was so shocked that I started to cry. I wasn’t expecting to see Alex tonight, but I welcome this surprise because I haven’t seen him since we got back from his Dad’s and that hadn’t gone over so well so I’m happy to see him and be able to spend time with him. I threw my arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips.

Once we pulled away we both finally realized where we were. We were at Disneyland. I could see Alex’s eyes light up with pure excitement. He was like a kid in a candy store right now. Disneyland is his playground so I know that he was going to have a fun day and seeing him happy will make me happy. Then I looked around and I saw all my friends and some of my family along with a lot of Alex’s family. I squealed and hugged my parents. But my heart sank when I saw a hint of sadness in Alex’s eyes. I know how close he is to his family and for his to not be here but some of my family to be here to share this day hurts my heart.

“Okay so as you can see this is a combined bachelor and bachelorette party. Well part one of it, this is our group thing we will have separate things later. But Brian and I knew that some of Demi and Alex’s friends don’t know each other so today will be a good and fun way for everyone to get to know each other.” Selena said cheerfully.

“And where better to do that than Disneyland? Fuck yeah!” Brian said like a child.

“Dear lord, be and adult and not a man child.” Selena slapped his chest playfully as she laughed. There was laughter around me and that made me happy. “Anyways, today will be extra fun for Alex and Demi because you will also be on a scavenger hunt. With each clue you will find a box, but do not open the boxes until the end. At the end of the day you will get to open the boxes and it will reveal clues to your wedding presents from Brian and myself.”

“But before we allow everyone into Disneyland for a full evening of fun, we want to give Alex an extra special present that was extremely hard to keep secret and almost got ruined.” Brian laughed and I knew what he was talking about. I feel myself getting excited for Alex to see his brothers and sisters. “This is to show you how much we all love you, bro. Come on out!”

I saw Mackenzie, Parker, Devon and Sophia emerge from somewhere behind us. Alex’s jaw dropped when he saw them and I could see his eyes glisten from the tears forming in his eyes. “Oh my god.” Alex said as he ran to his siblings, embracing them in a group hug and kissing each one of their foreheads.

“Thank you so much for this.” I told Brian as I watched Alex interact with his siblings.

“When we were planning this it was weird that his family wouldn’t be here for it. So I called his mom and his dad to see if they could come out. His mom couldn’t but said Parker could and I called Mackenzie and she would and his dad said that the kids could make it but he couldn’t. Suzanne said she would but figured that she would give Alex time with just the kids since they would be here next weekend anyways.” Brian shrugged.

“I think you’ve found yourself a keeper.” My mom said from beside me as she watched what I am. “He’s such a good brother and a genuine person. I’m so happy that you two reconnected and he is there for you and loves you for just who you are.”

“Thanks mom.” I smiled and hugged her tightly. “I didn’t think I could find a guy like him. But for once I am glad that Dallas and Selena interfered and got me to talk to him.”

“Oh and one more thing before we get this party started.” Selena said. “Brian and I told everyone to bring a camera and there is a reason to it. Tomorrow we want everyone to send us the pictures from today because we’re making a collage for the happy couple. It’ll be something for them to remember today by and see how two families and two sets for friends came together and became this huge family. So everyone introduce yourselves and mingle and just have a kick ass, fun day.”

As people started to go inside Disneyland, Selena ran over to me and engulfed me in a hug. Once she let go of me, Alex hugged her from behind and twirled her around. “Yo, dude, careful with my girlfriend, she’s carrying precious cargo.” Brian yelled playfully at Alex but Selena just kept giggling.

“Sorry Brian. But I kinda love your girlfriend.” Alex said as he put Selena back down on his feet. “And I love you too, bro. Thanks so much for bringing my siblings out for this.”

“You’re welcome. Today wouldn’t be right without them. This is all about having fun with friends AND family.” Selena smiled and gave Alex a proper hug.

“So you love my best friend but you don’t love me?” I crossed my arms and glared at my fiance.

“Oh you know that I love you to death.” he put his arm around my neck, pulling me to him and kissing me.

“Nice save buddy.” I said patting his cheek. “Madison, Dallas how about you get to know these fun kids. I have to go talk to someone.” I was lying, I didn’t have to talk to anyone but I needed to catch my breath before beginning this festive evening. Alex is acting like this past week hasn’t happened, like everything is perfect and it’s far from that, but this isn’t the time or place to get into it so I have to calm myself so I don’t blow up at him.

“Want us to wait for you? This is our day.” Alex asked.

I shook my head and kissed his cheek. “No, you guys go on and I’ll catch up later.”

They all gave me skeptical looks but went inside anyways. All except my mom who stayed back. I don’t even know where my dad took off to. “What’s going on with you, Demi? You looked so happy one minute and now you’re so distant. You have been taking your medication, right?”

I groaned and walked away from my mom. Can’t a girl just have a bad day without someone thinking that I am off my meds? I would never do that to myself. “I have been taking my meds mom! God! I am just so fucking overwhelmed with everything.”

“You know you don’t have to do everything by yourself, honey.” my mom came up behind me and put her arm around my shoulder, rubbing my arm.

“It’s nothing anyone can help me with though. Everything is done, my wedding is in exactly a week.” I ran my hand through my hair. “It’s just Alex’s parents will be here in two days and they haven’t been in the same room with each other in years and Alex wants to spend time with everyone but that’s sort of impossible. Tuesday me and Alex are signing the papers for our house and getting the keys. Thursday is the rehearsal dinner and we have stuff to do all that day. Friday we both have doctors appointments to get shots to go to Africa. Saturday is the wedding. So he’s stressing over what he’s going to do. Then he’s just been acting really weird and it feels like he’s been avoiding me since we got back from visiting his dad.”

“Boys just don’t know how to express their feelings, it’s not in the DNA to know how to do that. It’s one thing to do what he knows and write a song but to sit down and say this is how I feel and be vulnerable, it’s not easy for guys. They aren’t hormonal like us. Maybe if you sit down with him and let him know that how you’re feeling, he may open up.” my mom told me. She’s always given the best advice, even if it wasn’t what we wanted to hear. And I understand what my mom is saying, it’s easy to put your feelings from pen to paper, but to say them is a whole other story. But I have tried to talk to Alex and he won’t talk. He just keeps saying that nothing is wrong, but I know that he’s lying. I just don’t know how to prove it.

I sighed, “you’re right mom, but can you tell him that? Because I’ve tried talking to him and he blows me off.”

“Maybe he needs a date with his soon to be mother in law.” my mom laughed making me laugh because of her facial expression.

“You guys do that. I don’t think you’ve ever really been alone with him. There’s always been someone around.” I encouraged my mom in her plan. I know for a fact that craziness will happen if they had a one on one meal.

“Well I’m going to go find your dad. You’ll be okay by yourself?” she asked me concerned. I know she worries like a normal mom does, but she doesn’t need to.

“Yeah I will be. I just need a minute to get in a zone so I won’t be in a bad mood today.” I told her. After she hugged me she walked away with her phone to her ear trying to find my dad. I backed up to the wall behind me and slid down.

I don’t know how long I was sitting there, completely in my own world, before I heard someone say my name. I looked up and saw Mackenzie standing there. “I thought you were with your brother?”

“I was.” she nodded as she sat down next to me. “But he’s on the search for his first clue or whatever. Plus I could tell that something was going on with you and since you are going to be my sister, I thought I should come and talk. I know that you have your sisters to talk to but I never had one so I wanted to see if having a sister was different than a brother.”

“Well I’ve never had a brother, so I’m gaining two teenage ones and that scares me so I’m going to need all the sister power I can get to deal with boys.” I laughed.

“At least you don’t have to live with brothers.” Mackenzie laughed. “So what is wrong? I can tell that my brother is worried.”

“Maybe he should be.” I snapped unintentionally. Mackenzie looked at me with a scared look. I know I probably offended her, but I’m just on edge. “Sorry, I shouldn’t have said that so harshly.”

“Don’t worry about it.” she brushed off.

“It’s just that Alex hasn’t been himself in a couple of weeks and won’t talk to me about it. I hate it.” my voice cracked. “I have all of these thoughts racing through my head. Is he cheating? Is he having doubts? Did I do something wrong and don’t know it?”

“I can tell you right now that he loves you and I’ve never seen him happier. He has dreamed of marrying you since you guys met.” she reassured me but I still didn’t feel any better.

“Tell that to my dreams.” I choked back tears. “I’ve been having this dream that Alex doesn’t show up at the church and it feels so real. Then he is acting strange and it feels like my dream is going to come true and it terrifies me.”

“Hey, hey,” Mackenzie turned toward me, taking my hand in hers. “there is nothing that would keep him from that church. He’s over the moon in love with you. I’m sure whatever is wrong with him is just nerves or maybe he’s planning something for you and is afraid he’ll spill it.”

“I know he loves me, but I wish I could believe that nothing would keep him from our wedding. I can feel it in my heart, something is wrong. I had this feeling everytime something is wrong with anyone in my family or with one of my friends. Every time it is right.” I squeezed my eyes shut trying to hold back my tears.

“No one will let him stand you up. And he never would dream of it. I promise you that.” she hugged me.

“Thanks. I hope you’re right.” I sighed. My phone chimed so I took it out of my pocket and saw it was a text from Selena.

“Wanna know a secret? Promise not to tell. We’re standing by a…” Give me a penny, make a wish and I might tell you where.

I didn’t understand it at first but quickly realized that the clue was to the wishing well. I sighed and stood up and helped Mackenzie up. “Lets go find your brother and find these clues and have some fun.”

“Sounds like a plan.” she smiled. We interlocked our arms and walked away to find our siblings.

“Hey babe.” Alex kissed my temple when we found them. “You okay?”

“I’m better thanks to my new sister.” I looked over at Mackenzie and smiled.

“She has a magical way to make people feel better.” he kissed his sister’s forehead then put his arms around both of us and we caught up to the rest of our siblings.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER! YAY! So it's a joint bachelor/bachelorette party at Disneyland! How fun is that? lol. The next chapter will be more of this in Selena's POV and you'll find out what her and Brian got for Alex and Demi. Any guesses to what it will be?

So Demi is talking about her dream from the prologue and we know that Alex doesn't show up to the wedding. So is his weird behavior connected to that? Still any guesses to what happened? Wilmer? Debby? Crazy stalker? Other woman? Hmm...we shall see soon! 2 more chapters!