Status: I hope you like this sequel...

I'd Go Through Hell and Back for You

21.

Debby fucking Ryan had a gun pointed at my best friend, the girl is insane and I’m terrified. My heart was racing as I struggled to get the rope untied from around my wrists. Tears streaming down my face. I couldn’t let this psycho kill my best friend. I can’t live without Demi. She’s been my best friend since I was seven. She knows all of my secrets. She keeps me sane and grounded. I heard the cocking of the gun and Demi standing there with her eyes squeezed shut as tears rolled down her cheeks. I had almost gotten free when I heard the gun go off making me scream.

I closed my eyes and kept screaming as I cried. I didn’t want to see Demi dead. I couldn’t bear it. It was bad enough that I had to hear it. “Selena open your eyes.” I heard Alex tell me.

“No.” I sobbed as I shook my head.

“You have to. You’re almost loose and you need to go for help.” he told me quietly. I didn’t get why he why he was talking so quietly. “It’s not what you think, Selena.”

I was confused to what he meant so I slowly opened my eyes and saw Demi laying on the ground unconscious, but there was no blood around her. Now I’m more confused so I looked around and saw Brian laying in blood. Debby close by his body and was passed out too, but she was stirring around. I had to get loose and fast. She wasn’t going to get away with this. I twisted my wrists around a couple of times and was finally untied. I got up quickly and went to untie Alex but he stopped me, “help them first.”

I nodded and ran over to Debby first, picking up the gun that was near her. I was going to hit her with it but heard Demi groan. I look over at Brian who was bleeding, I was torn on who to help first. Reluctantly though I went to make sure that Demi was okay. I bent down beside her, “are you okay?”

She sat up slightly and rubbed her head. “yeah I think so.”

“Okay, just stay here. I have to help Brian.” I told her and rushed to Brian’s side. He was bleeding from his stomach so I put my hands over his wound. I knew from watching enough Grey’s Anatomy to put pressure on a wound like this. I couldn’t help but start to cry again. “We need a fucking ambulance!”

“Oh my god!” Demi cried when she finally saw the scene around her. She rushed over to me and tried to help me put pressure. “I’m so sorry about this. I don’t know what happened. One second I’m standing there prepared to get shot and next thing I know is waking up to you hovering over me.”

“He pushed you out of the way.” Alex’s voice broke us from our concentration. “He saved you.”

“Shit like this only happens in movies.” Demi let out a frustrated scream. “Wait he has his phone.” she said reaching into his pants pocket to retrieve his cell phone. Once she got it she called 911.

“Go help Alex while you call. I have this under control.” I told her. She nodded and went to untie Alex.

“Hi, I need help! My friend has been shot and I think my fiancee was drugged. Hurry!” Demi yelled into the phone.

“Brian, please baby don’t die. Our daughter needs her daddy. I need you. Please.” I cried then heard Alex yell “Demi look out!”

My head snapped toward them and saw Debby stumbling toward them. Without hesitation Demi punched Debby in the jaw, knocking her to the ground once again. Once Alex was free of his restraints he stood up, nearly falling over. Demi caught him though and they hugged. We were all startled when we heard the door burst open and heard, “LAPD!” being shouted.

“Over here! We need help!” I yelled. Seconds later four cops came in with their guns drawn and Dallas following close behind.

“Dallas? What are you doing here?” Demi gasped.

“I wasn’t going to let my little sisters go after a psychopath.” she said in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Ma’am you need to put the gun down.” one of the officers said to Demi sternly. She gave them a confused look obviously forgetting that she still had the gun in her hand. She quickly handed it to the officer.

“I’m not the shooter.” she shook her head. “She is.” she pointed to Debby.

While all of that was going on, one of the officers came over to me and Brian and held his wound with me while he radioed for an ambulance. I told him that we already called for one but he said with a cop calling for it that it would be here faster. I thanked him for helping then looked back at the officer talking to Demi and Alex. They were explaining what happened. While one of the other officers were tending to Debby. She came to once again and started yelling saying that we hurt her. Once again she was playing the victim. Feels like deja vu from two years ago.

“Shut the fuck up, Debby!” I yelled. “You shot someone who was supposed to be your brother. You did this not us!”

“It wasn’t supposed to be him! It was supposed to be that stupid bitch!” she yelled as she pointed at Demi. Demi immediately started laughing because she just incriminated herself. Freaking idiot.

“You’re under arrest, miss.” the officer told Debby as he placed handcuffs on her.

As the officer hauled Debby’s ass out of the abandoned building I heard the sound of sirens. I let out a breath, knowing that soon Brian would be treated and hopefully will be okay. “You hear that, baby? The ambulance is here so you just hang in there for me.” He was still unconscious but I could feel him breathing and that is the only thing keeping me together right now.

The medics told me to step aside that they would take care of Brian now and that I had done a good job. I stood up and took a few steps back as I watched the medics shout things at each other. I had no idea what any of it meant until one of them said he’s crashing and they had to get to the hospital asap. I screamed and lunged toward them but someone pulled me back. “Shh, you have to let them work.” I heard Demi’s voice whisper. I could tell that her voice was cracking.

“I can’t lose him.” I cried, falling to the ground. I was about to put my face in my hands to cry without anyone seeing my face but I saw all the blood on my hands and arms, even my clothes. All of it Brian’s blood. That just made me cry even harder.

Demi wrapped her arms from behind me, holding me tightly. I could feel her own tears dropping on my bare shoulder. When one of us hurt, we both hurt. It’s been this way since day one. It hurt me to see her struggle for years with all of her addictions. And now it’s hurting her to see me so broken. “You have to be strong for him. And for your baby. She needs her momma to be strong and keep her healthy. I know it’s hard right now, but you can do this.”

“I can’t.” I shook my head.

“Ma’am we’re going to take him to UCLA Medical Center. You can meet us there but we really have to get there and fast.” one of the medics told us. I barely got a nod out before they were rushing out of the building.

“Come on, guys, I’ll take you all to the hospital. I think Alex should get checked out too.” Dallas said as she helped me stand back up. “It’s going to be okay, Selly.” she hugged me.

“Demi should get checked too. She hit her head pretty hard.” Alex informed Dallas.

“No, I’m not seeing a doctor until we know something about Brian. I won’t leave Selena.” she shook her head persistently.

“I will take care of Selena. I’ll call her mom and she will be there too. And I’ll take care of all the wedding shit. I’m sure everyone already got restless and left the church anyways.” Dallas said.
Dallas hurried us to the car and drove as fast as she could to the hospital. When we got to the hospital I rushed to the nurses station and asked if they knew anything about Brian but they wouldn’t tell me anything because I wasn’t fucking family. I told them that I was pregnant with his child but the stupid big nosed nurse said we weren’t married so she wasn’t allowed to tell me anything. “All of his fucking family is in Arizona. I am who he has here! I am carrying his child, we live together. He is the love of my life so you better fucking tell me something!”

“Ma’am you have to calm down before I call security.” the big nosed nurse told me.

“Selena, calm down. We will figure something out.” Demi tried to calm me down as she pulled me away and apologized to the nurse.

“Oh my god!” I gasped. “His parents, how am I going to tell his parents?”

“I’ll call them.” Alex offered. “It’s the least I can do. All of this mess wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for me. I’ll call his family and you can just stay and try to get some information.”

“Thanks, I don’t think I can make the phone call without crying.” I blinked back the tears. It still feels like there is a lump in my throat. I don’t know how I have any tears left in me. “I’m going to go wash the blood off of me.”

“I’ll come with you.” Demi said.

“No, I just need a minute to myself.” I told her. She nodded and sat back down.

I found the nearest bathroom and tried to scrub off the blood. There was so much of it that the sink turned a shade of red. I thought I had gotten it all off but there was dried blood under my nails. I started to scrape it off but I just gave up, this was all too much on me. I screamed, letting myself just fall to the floor and cried.

I heard the door creak open so I looked up to see who it was, hoping it wasn’t a random person. I didn’t want to deal with someone’s sympathy right now. Thankfully it was Demi. “Your mom is here. Priscilla showed up with her and somehow convinced the nurse that she was Brian’s cousin and got an update.”

That made me perk up, I don’t care if it’s bad news, I just need to know how he is doing. “And?”

“That had to take him into surgery. That’s all she knows right now. But said that she would have a doctor come out with an update soon.” she informed me with a sad smile.

I ran straight into my mom’s arms when I seen her in the waiting area. Yes I am twenty two, pregnant and need my momma to hold me. I don’t even give a crap. I am a huge momma’s girl and that will never change. “It’ll be okay baby girl. Brian loves you and he will fight through this for you and for your precious girl that is growing in your tummy.”

“I hope you’re right. I can’t do this without him.” I sniffled.

“You’ll never be alone.” my mom kissed my forehead.

I’m not sure how long we sat there, everyone silent. Demi’s parents and Madison came. Alex’s family came. Even my All Time Low boys came. Stephen, Jenn, Jess, John, Josh, Cameron and Connor were all here too. I was currently being comforted by Connor. At first he looked like he didn’t want to be there, but he said it wasn’t that, he just didn’t know how to help me. I could see the worry in Jack’s eyes as I sat with my arms around my bulging stomach and my head on Connor’s shoulder and silently cried. I know why he is worried, it’s the same reason he is always worried when I am this upset. He is scared that I will harm myself.

“Excuse me.” a voice erupts the quiet room. I look up hopeful to see a doctor but it was one of the officers that showed up to help us. “I need to speak to a Selena Gomez.”

“Does it have to be now?” my mom asked. “My daughter is distraught right now. She shouldn’t have to deal with all of this right now.”

“I know the timing is terrible, but we really need to just ask a couple of questions.” he apologized.

“It’s fine mom.” I stood up, straightening out my blood stained dress. I feel horrible that I ruined my bridesmaid dress. I really should have changed before I left the church. I followed the officer out into the hallway and leaned up against the wall, afraid that my legs wouldn’t hold me up. “How can I help you?”

“I just need your side of the story. I have gotten your friends statements but I didn’t get the chance to talk to you back at the warehouse.” he told me.

“I don’t know what else I can really say.” I sighed. “We were at the church and Alex never showed and we spent awhile trying to get in touch with him but failed. I got a text from an number I didn’t know that had a picture of Alex looking beat up and another saying to meet them at that warehouse with no police and no one else. If anyone else showed up they would kill Alex. So I went and when I got there, I saw Alex tied to a chair. Debby punched me, we struggled but I didn’t want her to harm my baby so I just gave in and she tied me up. We argued about why she was doing what she was. She seemed really mentally unstable, she didn’t make much sense. Just that she wouldn’t let us be happy. Demi showed up and they argued, then Brian showed up and they argued. Debby said she was going to kill Demi. I heard the shot but didn’t see what happened until I heard Alex tell me to open my eyes. Brian was lying in a pool of blood while Debby and Demi were both unconscious. I had been struggling to get loose for awhile before that and eventually got out of my restraints. I made sure Demi was okay since she had came to then tended to Brian. Demi went to help Alex and while she was doing that Debby came to and attacked Demi. Demi defended herself. The rest really is history.”

The officer nodded and made a few notes in a notepad before looking up at me with a small smile. “Thank you Miss Gomez. I hope that everything turns out okay with your friend.”

I nodded, not bothering to correct him. As I walked back into the waiting area a doctor came in behind me. I immediately asked how Brian was. “Are you family?” he asked.

“I’m carrying his baby, I have a right to know.” I snapped. I’m getting sick and tired of this family confidentiality crap right now.

“I-I’m sorry.” he stuttered.

“I’m his cousin. Please just let us know.” Priscilla spoke up. Thank god for her. Remind me to buy her something to thank her later.

“It was touch and go for awhile. He lost a lot of blood. The bullet nicked one of his kidneys but we repaired the damage and gave him some blood. He should recover just fine.” the doctor explained.

I let out a sigh of relief and started to cry again. This time these were happy tears. Brian was going to be okay. He didn’t die. He is alive. Our baby won’t have to grow up without him. That’s it, I don’t care what has happened in our relationship, I am putting one hundred percent of me back into our relationship and will marry him. I can’t deal with having this close of a call again. “You hear that baby? Daddy is okay.” I laughed happily as I rubbed my tummy.

“I told you that he would pull through.” My mom hugged me.

“Can I see him? Please, I beg you.” I begged shamefully.

“He’s being transferred to recovery, once he’s in a room I will have a nurse come and let you know. I won’t keep you from him any longer.” he smiled at me then left.

Alex came over and hugged me tightly. “I never got the chance to thank you for trying to help me.”

“I failed at that, but I wouldn’t let that stupid bitch hurt you more than she already had.” I smiled at him. “You are a big part of my life now. You are Brian’s best friend. My best friend’s soul mate. The godfather of my daughter. And have become one of my best friends. I care about you and because of that I will always have your back.”

“Ditto.” he chuckled. “I’m going to go call his mom and let her know how he is. Hopefully they haven’t boarded a plane frantic.”

Not long after that a nurse came out and told me what room Brian was in. She told me that he was still groggy from the anesthesia but could hear me. When I entered his hospital room he was sleeping and hooked up to machines and had ivies in his arm. It broke my heart. I had to remind myself that he was going to be okay that all of this was making him better. I sat down in the chair beside his bed, taking his hand into mine. I pressed a kiss to the back of his hand, letting a few stray tears roll down my cheeks. “Thank you for coming back to us. I can’t live in a world without you. I love you so much, more than words can describe. So you just have to get better so we can get married and be the best parents to our little girl.”

He didn’t move. I didn’t really expect him too, I know he needs his rest to recover. If it weren’t for the nurse and the machines telling me that he is completely okay, I would be a bigger mess that I already am. I just wish I could see his sparkling eyes. It feels like it’s been an eternity since I’ve looked at his eyes. Between us fighting and me not really knowing what to do with our relationship, I hadn’t really given him a good look in a long time. That shall change once he wakes up though.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I kept having to take time away from this chapter because I would start crying. This was such a fucking emotional chapter! Ugh. But Brian is okay! Yay! Right? I couldn't kill him, my best friend would have killed me if I had.

I have something special planned for Demi's chapter, you don't want to miss it! So leave me some lovely comments so I will be inspired to write it and update faster! Thanks for reading guys! :)